Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

.PNG's insist on downloading in Firefox

Hi I am tearing my hair out as some images like the one attached to this thread

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/34/vsa-volume-spread-analysis-1369-30.html#post15283

just refuse to 'open' for me...a dialogue box always pops up asking where I wanna save the image. Other sites (and sometimes .PNG images here) offer the choice of what I want to do.

I do not have an entry for .PNG in tools>options>content>manage file types in Firefox so should be prompted each time.

Cheers.

I wonder if it might be something to do with the board incorrectly tagging the Mime type but am no expert in that area.

Thing is its not all .PNG's which is why I wondered if its an incorrectly set MIME type or something? Drives me potty :mad: or I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

OK kinda fixed it. Suspecting it was to do with mime types I downloaded a FF plugin called Mime edit.

I set unknown/unknown to always ask and its fine! I suspect you can do it with FF's hidden config stuff but as I cant even remember to get in there I didn't explore that.

I wonder if it was another plugin that messed things up. My hunch is 'flash got'.

Its most likely a FireFox issue. I cant see how our system would affect that. Its working fine for me in Opera and IE.

Certainly didn't mean to suggest it was though there is a subtlety there. :) It is definately to do with mime types though I am not exactlys sure what why or how. It seems as some images are being stored as mime type unknown/unknown those where the ones giving me issues.

Getting rid of the file described here fixes it

http://kb.mozillazine.org/MimeTypes.rdf this re-set that particular mime type to 'prompt' fro action.

I actually used a more complete document that described re-setting a couple of internal paramaters but I cant find it just now.

I also installed a Firefox add on called mime edit though I dont think this is strictly neccassary. You can however achieve the same effect with this without deleting the associates file.

Cheers.