Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

7/30/07 General Trade Log / Idea Sharing

Well, it seems like there's some interest in a daily thread to discuss setups, ideas, etc. based on this thread - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f17/trading-room-2116.html

So, here's a thread for Monday, July 30th. Someone will just need to start the thread each day and we'll build it from there.

If you have some analysis to share for Monday, feel free to! Or post during the day on Monday as time permits!

Good trading everyone!

ES price action still lively to say the least.

So far, I've got 8 trades, 4 winners, 4 losers. Up +1.12 net thus far. One frustrating loss on a long at 68.5 that was ticked out and is now proceeding higher. I hate ones like that! :mad:

This is good stuff though if you like instant gratification - either you are right or wrong and you will find out pretty quickly.

One observation - check your ES dom. Earlier today the actual depth that was shown on the dom was pretty light in my opinion (less than 1000 at each level). It was very erratic during this time. Now there's some more volume present at each level.

Anyone know if there's a way to set this thread to auto-refresh in your browser window? If we can get this active, I'd love to just have Firefox refresh this on it's own vs. me doing it.

Any ideas either through TL and/or Firefox?

Short @ 71.5 on the ES. Now just waiting to see if this consolidation area busts up or down. Keeps going back and forth.

Got a good break to the downside here. Price at 65.5 and I'll be looking to remain short if the bears can keep the pressure on. May look for a buy if not.

gc - how did you miss the 2 entries? Just curious as I miss them too and wish I would not!!

Hesitation and being too cheap are my primary reasons. I generally get in on pullbacks, so I often wait too long for confirmation and miss the good price, then I hesitate. I've pretty much eliminated the chasing that case occur, but its hard to know when your are chasing and when you are just not being too cheap.

Anyone know if there's a way to set this thread to auto-refresh in your browser window? If we can get this active, I'd love to just have Firefox refresh this on it's own vs. me doing it.

Any ideas either through TL and/or Firefox?

Hopefully it's available via James, as for instance, when you check the "Who's Online" feature, that page updates every minute or so. So maybe he could extend that feature to this forum.

Blu-Ray

Hesitation and being too cheap are my primary reasons. I generally get in on pullbacks, so I often wait too long for confirmation and miss the good price, then I hesitate. I've pretty much eliminated the chasing that case occur, but its hard to know when your are chasing and when you are just not being too cheap.

No edit button on this sub forum for some reason. :sad: My last sentence should read: I've pretty much eliminated the overt chasing that can occur, but it's hard to know when your are chasing and when you are just being too cheap.

Interesting. I've never viewed it as being 'too cheap'. That's an interesting comment. I guess I view each trade as the same 'cost' so I just take 'em when I see 'em (most of the time). ;)

Guest cooter
Hopefully it's available via James, as for instance, when you check the "Who's Online" feature, that page updates every minute or so. So maybe he could extend that feature to this forum.

Blu-Ray

If you have Firefox and the Tab Mix Plus extension installed, you should have to capability to auto-refresh any page at any interval yourself.

Interesting. I've never viewed it as being 'too cheap'. That's an interesting comment. I guess I view each trade as the same 'cost' so I just take 'em when I see 'em (most of the time). ;)

I use limit orders for entries, so sometimes it doesn't hit my order.

There's a flexibility I need to develop which is somewhere between being too strict about my entry and chasing.

As for trades. One stopout and now looking for break of support to new lows. ;)

Price has gotten really funky for me late morning. I'm sitting tight with my profits right now. I'm at what is my daily goal and don't feel like risking it in a choppy ass market.

And before you get on me about the daily goal.... ;) .... I do keep a target in mind for what I want to achieve each day. If I get to it early on, then I know I've got a great chance to make more money cause I have a nice cookie jar at my disposal. If the money's there for the taking, I say take it!

Back on this short train at 65.00. We'll see if the bears can take this down or not. Looks like volatility is drying up a tad as everyone takes a little breather here. Bulls sure are trying though - large upper shadows/wicks on the 3 minute.