Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

traderlu

Scalper Buys/Sell Replica

Please just select all, copy the text in the code box and paste into any text editor and save the text file as something like 'scalper.efs'.

You can also do this (copy and paste) into the Esignal tools, EFS, editor. Please study the video here if you are not familiar with Esignal : http://www.esignalcentral.com/university/esignal/tutorial/javascript/master-2.html

Perhaps someone here or on the Esignal support forum more familiar with EFS can answer more detailed question on this subject.

hi traderlu.

Thats a nice one. Thanks for your goodwork and hardwork. How can I incorporate this on mt4 platform.

Cheers

Here are the indicators for meta trader 4 one has some bugs fixed I think, though not sure what they are, another thing is I wanted to ask if this is the proper way the indicators should work - the white bar is actually colored white after 3 more bars close? Is this normal, or part of the strategy? Please see the attached video (sorry for the trial watermark, I haven't purchased the software)

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry but it seems I cannot attach .ex4 files unfortunately so I will just post the link to the forex-tsd thread where you can download them, thanks!

http://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discussion/2339-scalp-indicator-needed.html

Guest forsearch

EDIT: Sorry but it seems I cannot attach .ex4 files unfortunately so I will just post the link to the forex-tsd thread where you can download them, thanks!

http://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discussion/2339-scalp-indicator-needed.html

.Some .ex4 files are pre-compiled files that many folks don't like because they don't know what's in them (viruses, trojans, keyloggers). Is there a open source mt4 file that you could post or point us to?

Ah yes......reckon the indi is expired.

i tried for a while but does not update now.

just for info.

if it works for u thats great.

wishing u lots of pips

both of them now working? I am surprised because they both work for me, I messaged the person who posted the indicators there and hope he replies, though I checked he was last active on 5.5.08 ... but still something might come out... if not I will hire a programmer - I know a good one, to program it. Did you try changing the account number? I mean signing up for a demo in MT4 again ... thanks!

gd to hear. i've stopped using it but have it on another platform.

U know TTM has a trading strategy he uses with the scalper ?

Its 3 bars late and stop just above the scalper signal.

But for Fx I reckon u need to fine tune using it.

maybe as a pivot point .

all the best

I thot it worked relatively ok with i-paramount where u have the time zones established. The H n L for the timezone is determined and scalpersignal close or at H or L cud work out.

Just an observation.

Could you please post the source code so I could port it to Amibroker?

Thanks!

I am using AmiBroker and QuoteTracker.

Could you please share AmiBroker version of the "TTM Scalper Buys/Sell" script.

Thanks

Traderlu - thanks for your help on this indicator. I could use some your help on how should the code be written if I wanted to use it in a Radar screen on Tradestation? i changed the colors so the bars a blue for a short and white for a long...I am assuming this is the same code you have posted..

Thanks for your help!

The code is:

{Scalper Buys and Sells 7/18/2007

Written by Luis Gomez

inspired by John Carters "Mastering the Trade"

}

inputs:

buyColor(white),

sellColor(blue),

width(3);

variables:

highBarsAgo(1),

possibleHighBarsAgo(1),

possibleHigh(-2),

hightoBeat(-1),

barsSincePaint(1),

lowBarsAgo(1),

possibleLowBarsAgo(1),

possibleLow(10000001),

lowtoBeat(10000000),

triggerPriceSell(-1),

triggerPriceBuy(1000000),

trend(1),

_UP(1),

_DOWN(-1),

_ON(1),

_OFF(-1);

//***************************************************

//****** Find and plot the highest swing high *******

if trend = _UP then begin

if swingHighBar(1,H,2,barsSincePaint+2) > -1 then begin

possibleHighBarsAgo = swingHighBar(1,H,2,barsSincePaint+2);

possibleHigh = H[possibleHighBarsAgo];

end;

if possibleHigh >= hightoBeat then begin

highBarsAgo = possibleHighBarsAgo;

hightoBeat = possibleHigh;

triggerPriceSell = L[HighBarsAgo - 1];

end;

if C < triggerPriceSell and

highest(high,highBarsAgo) < hightoBeat then begin

plotpb[highBarsAgo](H[highBarsAgo],L[highBarsAgo],"",sellColor);

alert("Scalper Sell");

trend = _DOWN;

barsSincePaint = highBarsAgo-1;

hightoBeat = -1;

lowtoBeat = 10000000;

triggerPriceBuy = 10000000;

triggerPriceSell = -1;

highBarsAgo = 1;

possibleHigh = -2;

end;

end;

//****** Find and plot the lowest swing low *********

if trend = _DOWN then begin

if swingLowBar(1,L,2,barsSincePaint+2) > -1 then begin

possibleLowBarsAgo = swingLowBar(1,L,2,barsSincePaint+2);

possibleLow = L[possibleLowBarsAgo];

end;

if possibleLow <= lowtoBeat then begin

lowBarsAgo = possibleLowBarsAgo;

lowtoBeat = possibleLow;

triggerPriceBuy = H[LowBarsAgo - 1];

end;

if C > triggerPriceBuy and

lowest(L,lowBarsAgo) > lowtoBeat then begin

plotpb[lowBarsAgo](H[lowBarsAgo],L[lowBarsAgo],"",buyColor);

alert("Scalper Buy");

trend = _UP;

barsSincePaint = lowBarsAgo-1;

possibleLow = 10000001;

lowtoBeat = 10000000;

hightoBeat = -1;

triggerPriceBuy = 10000000;

triggerPriceSell = -1;

lowBarsAgo = 1;

end;

end;

barsSincePaint = barsSincePaint+1;

if trend = _UP then highBarsAgo = highBarsAgo + 1;

if trend = _DOWN then lowBarsAgo = lowBarsAgo + 1;

setPlotWidth(1,width);

Anyone know if it would be possible to modify the code to put the dot on the bar it actually signaled rather than the swing high/low?

I find my entries and the dots firing off often coincide to the exact bar, but sometimes I think they are sooner and vise versa. But its impossible to backtest the idea because you can't tell for sure when the actual signal would've taken place using the current code.

I've tried to modify it to no avail. Anyone able to help?

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=74104'>https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=74104

attachment.php?attachmentid=9732&stc=1&d=1236871849

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=74104

Strategy code modified by XYGeek

White dot showme indicate location of Scalper painted usually 3-4 bars back. Yellow indicate actual bar where the end of bar signal came in. Strategy indicate where entries were made, next bar market. This may be profitable in a trend but not chop.

Scalper2009-03-12_113013.gif.324f44b643ea198e10f5b13e02df0605.gif

Wow, just loaded this on my s&p emini charts in multiple time frames and the accuracy is amazing, maybe even unparallelled! With my existing indicators I feel this is the missing link. Can't thank you enough, will report back on the progress! Blessings to you!!!

Wow, just loaded this on my s&p emini charts in multiple time frames and the accuracy is amazing, maybe even unparallelled! With my existing indicators I feel this is the missing link. Can't thank you enough, will report back on the progress! Blessings to you!!!

Don't get too excited just yet. Read through the thread what others have already pointed out and watch it live to see it only plots the highlighted bars several bars after they have formed. On static behind the fact charts, it looks amazing. Not so much on live charts.

TTM_SCALPER.ELD (5.8 KB, 1993 views)

Can anybody help me to get this indicator to work on a meta trader 4 platform.

Thankin you in advanced.

ELD file format is for TradeStation and MultiCharts.

It will not run in MT4.

Do a Google search, I remember someone has done a conversion for MT4.

(It might even be here in TradersLaboratory?)

e: Scalper Buys/Sell Replica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: HC Mostert

TTM_SCALPER.ELD (5.8 KB, 1993 views)

Can anybody help me to get this indicator to work on a meta trader 4 platform.

Thanking you in advanced.

ELD file format is for TradeStation and MultiCharts.

It will not run in MT4.

Do a Google search, I remember someone has done a conversion for MT4.

(It might even be here in TradersLaboratory?)

Thanks I will do that.

Kind regards.