Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JohnSmithK

Which is good for investment?

Investment Options for Beginners.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better for Investment especially for beginners?

• ETFs
    • Individual Stocks
    • Penny
    • Blue-Chip

Well I don't know. Good is only defined by you. What might be good for me might be disastrous for you.

What are your goals? How much do you have? These are some of the questions you need to answer. Do you have a trading plan? I might post mine here to help.

Most of all, you need to be sure of your own decisions. Asking for what trades are good is a sure way to lose your money. I could tell you what to trade then trade against you and basically just rob you.

Learn your own system to trade. Do you have good resources?

It's always good to have at least a basic foundation of fundamental investment knowledge whether you're a beginner to investing or working with a professional financial advisor. Below basic principles that you should be able to understand and apply when you are looking to potentially invest your money or evaluate an investment opportunity. You'll find that the most important points pertaining to investing are quite logical and require just good common sense. The first step is to make the decision to start investing. If you've never invested your money, you're probably not comfortable with making any investment decisions or moves in the market because you have little or no experience. It's always difficult to find somewhere to begin. Even if you find a trusted financial advisor, it is still worth your time to educate yourself, so you can participate in the process of investing your money and so that you may be able to ask good questions. The more you understand the reasons behind the advice you're getting, the more comfortable you will be with the direction you've chosen.

While there are several investment options to choose from, an investor still requires a substantial amount of capital to build a diversified portfolio. This capital need can be a special challenge for young investors, as they may have minimal savings to invest. Thus, Tamir Zoltovski (Co-founder of Moneta International UAB) says ETFs (exchange-traded funds) make it probable to have a diversified portfolio with comparatively low investment thresholds.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, Stan1 said:

Well I don't know. Good is only defined by you. What might be good for me might be disastrous for you.

What are your goals? How much do you have? These are some of the questions you need to answer. Do you have a trading plan? I might post mine here to help.

Most of all, you need to be sure of your own decisions. Asking for what trades are good is a sure way to lose your money. I could tell you what to trade then trade against you and basically just rob you.

Learn your own system to trade. Do you have good resources?

Thanks for your suggestions man!! Our own decision surely makes us or breaks us. Thanks once again, buddy.

Every investment choice should be made based on the risk involved for the individual, their investment goals and strategies. What is right for one investor may not be for another. Keep these basic differences and similarities in mind as you research your investments.

CrazyCzdo short pablum answer - Be careful not to conflate investments with trades.  None of the options in the OP are investments.  They are all trades. A transaction is only an investment if you are  willing and able, if needed, to materially participate in the outcome .  Everything else is a trade.

A professional trader is actually managing the risks associated with their invested capital so those who does not learn and invest into the market which they does not knew anything about eventually ends up blowing entire account.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:23 PM, CrazyCzarina said:

Yeah, Risks are going to be everywhere and you are going to be at brim at your initial stage, so you must learn about the Market and learn to do a proper analysis of the Market before getting involved.

If there is a risk there must be reward too, our goal is determined when probabilities are on our side so we get positive expectation of gain. It suffices to make correct predictions on average, not every time. 

Edited by fxeconomist

In debt funds, this amount is invested in fixed-income securities, including government and corporate bonds, bonds, and other long-term fixed-income securities. Debt funds may have different risk profiles depending on the types of securities held in the portfolio.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:39 PM, felixsam said:

I would think about it, but without a doubt ... I think ETFs are the best option.

Apart from ETFs I also like to invest in stock using CFD contracts at Hotforex. This contract doesn't pay dividend but well you don't need US broker access to which could be quite complicated due to regulation, also transaction costs seems to be lower. 

It's difficult to determine which investment is better, as it depends on various factors, including your investment goals, risk tolerance, and financial situation. Here's a brief overview of each investment option:

ETFs: ETFs are a type of investment fund that trades on an exchange like a stock. They offer diversification by investing in a basket of stocks, bonds, or other assets. ETFs are generally considered to be a lower-risk investment option compared to individual stocks, as they provide diversification.

Individual stocks: Investing in individual stocks can potentially offer higher returns but is also riskier than investing in ETFs or mutual funds. Stock prices can be volatile and unpredictable, and there's a risk of losing all your investment if a company goes bankrupt.

Penny stocks: Penny stocks are stocks of small, relatively unknown companies that trade at low prices. They are often considered high-risk investments due to their volatile nature and lack of liquidity. Penny stocks can offer high returns, but there's also a high risk of losing money.

Blue-chip stocks: Blue-chip stocks are stocks of large, well-established companies with a history of stable earnings and dividend payments. They are often considered to be lower-risk investments compared to penny stocks, but may also offer lower returns.

Ultimately, the best investment option for you depends on your personal goals, risk tolerance, and financial situation. It's always a good idea to consult with a financial advisor or do thorough research before making any investment decisions.

On 3/24/2023 at 11:25 AM, barako said:

It's difficult to determine which investment is better, as it depends on various factors, including your investment goals, risk tolerance, and financial situation. Here's a brief overview of each investment option:

ETFs: ETFs are a type of investment fund that trades on an exchange like a stock. They offer diversification by investing in a basket of stocks, bonds, or other assets. ETFs are generally considered to be a lower-risk investment option compared to individual stocks, as they provide diversification.

Individual stocks: Investing in individual stocks can potentially offer higher returns but is also riskier than investing in ETFs or mutual funds. Stock prices can be volatile and unpredictable, and there's a risk of losing all your investment if a company goes bankrupt.

Penny stocks: Penny stocks are stocks of small, relatively unknown companies that trade at low prices. They are often considered high-risk investments due to their volatile nature and lack of liquidity. Penny stocks can offer high returns, but there's also a high risk of losing money.

Blue-chip stocks: Blue-chip stocks are stocks of large, well-established companies with a history of stable earnings and dividend payments. They are often considered to be lower-risk investments compared to penny stocks, but may also offer lower returns.

Ultimately, the best investment option for you depends on your personal goals, risk tolerance, and financial situation. It's always a good idea to consult with a financial advisor or do thorough research before making any investment decisions.

Thanks for you explanation. Btw which broker are you trading with? 

There are many brokers like hotforex, octa, xm, exness, lmfx etc to be shortlisted and demo traded before finalizing the right broker depending which suit your needs. It is really hard to trade with the one i recommend you because it might works well for me but did not suits you because of your trading needs.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:13 PM, JohnSmithK said:

From all those choices available like penny stocks, blue-chip stocks, ETFs or individual stocks

In my view, penny stocks has the greatest upside potential, especially since market manipulations become more and more common. I also like to trade currencies with HFM because their near-term price fluctuations can be explained by changes in central bank policy