Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

TinGull's Trades

Thanks brown! Always nice getting props from someone I look up to.

I think it shows that you are confident in your trading plan, which is obviously a good thing! ;) Just keep up the good work and realize some days it'll feel too easy and other days you'll wonder why you got of bed. The only problem is that you won't know till after the fact.

Trades this afternoon:

Short at 13594. Reason, note the volume increase as price is attacking the bottom of a seemingly accumulation phase. Then, we get a gravestone doji at the bottom. Should go through, and it did for +49 points.

Next trade was a long at 13559 as there was a bigger volume hammer that occurred right at the downtrend line. Felt this would push it through and it did. I was immediately up 30 points, moved my stop to BE +1 and was almost as quickly stopped for +1 point.

Very fast day and one that I'm definitely not used to. With my futures trading career having spanned a whole 10 months now, its fun to see this sort of action rather than the stuff that lull's everyone to sleep.

YMafternoon.thumb.jpg.813e5c4829a44a092b853d86255b1efa.jpg

I bet you're a bit annoyed at choosing this time of all times to do your paper trading. I feel the same - I decided to focus on GBP/USD today. The result? 1 pip profit! At least I wasn't buying YM...

Yea, I was a bit annoyed. I pulled out the real account today, though for my +1 trade! haha. Everything that was going on in my life that was driving me crazy I've been able to remedy and now feel MUCH more confident to trade my real account.

I tell you what. There were some guys who got their accounts blown out today. (Not me. I did pretty well.) Anyone who wasn't using stops. All those short squeezes. Mama mia, some money changed hands today. This is the kind of day that can crush you if you don't have hard stops in. Thank goodness for bracket orders.

I tell you what. There were some guys who got their accounts blown out today. (Not me. I did pretty well.) Anyone who wasn't using stops. All those short squeezes. Mama mia, some money changed hands today. This is the kind of day that can crush you if you don't have hard stops in. Thank goodness for bracket orders.

These are the kind of days that weed out the wannabe's and bring in a fresh batch b/c of 'all that money that was made today'... :D

Days like today remind of the Guns N Roses song 'Welcome to the jungle'. We all need to enter the jungle on some days and either kill or be killed. Part of the biz we signed up for.

Morning trades on YM:

This is almost too much fun! Its nice being back on the horse with my real account after having some psych issues I wanted to deal with.

First trade was a breakdown back into the 30 minute range.

Short at 13540

Covered at 519 for +21. 519 was at the 50% retracement and I know lots of folks would be watching and bidding there, so I figured it would be a good time to take it off. Since I trade with 1 contract right now, I can't take a little off...but its all good.

Next trade was a short at 13476

Covered at 13460 for +16

This morning I'm up 37 ticks so far, and it ain't even lunch time yet.

YMMorning72707.jpg.320e8cfe883578999e101e6143d18771.jpg

Gotta confess I didn't take a setup. Was a short at 13447 as price tried to go abck inside the 30min range and couldn't and i watched it happen....ended up being a 50 point trade. Didn't take it because I was afraid of giving back my profits...but thats the wrong type of thinking. Negative thinking didn't get anyone anywhere right?

Tin - well, at least you are being honest with yourself! I would say the important thing is you saw the trades. Of course we all want to be in our winning trades. Today is Fri, so I would suggest to keep monitoring today, get your sh*t together over the weekend and be ready to go live on Monday. Your charts and annotations look good this week, so stick w/ it and be ready Monday!

Absolutely brown. Im definitely ready to crank it up. Today's been really nice being back live in my real account and rockin' and a rollin'.

Thats the edge of trading real acct vs sim... I do agree with Brown on the fact that sim will not give you the correct chemicall responses that a real acct does... doesnt matter if its 1 or 50 contracts... glad to hear Tin your doing ok...

I noticed one of you setup is a doji with volume reversal... I like that setup, could it be possible if you could open a thread explaining with some more details this setup and how do you time your entry ? would be nice to get some specifics on that setup and I am shure it could also help you a lot to right that down here on the forum with some graphics even with a video why not... nice stuff Tin... cheers Walter.

Sure thing walter. We could discuss in this thread. I use volume as my main indicator. Easiest thing in the world really. Price attracts volume. Now whether that volume is buying or selling...that's where context and VSA comes into play.

The high volume on a doji is a great sign that things have a high potential to reverse. Why? Because big players are wanting to get into the game but they can't afford to do so if price were to move in the direction they want to go quicker than they can get a good price for their positions. So they keep the bar squat to get a great price for everything. How that actually happens is beyond me, but thats the theory behind it.

Im watching the 30min opening range for the majority of my trades. I LOVE playing breakout failures as those are the most powerful, and happen more often than one would think. Coupling that with volume and the fact that price is attracting volume, one can easily see if the price is going to hold a breakout or fail. Definite edge IMO.

Sure thing walter. We could discuss in this thread. I use volume as my main indicator. Easiest thing in the world really. Price attracts volume. Now whether that volume is buying or selling...that's where context and VSA comes into play.

The high volume on a doji is a great sign that things have a high potential to reverse. Why? Because big players are wanting to get into the game but they can't afford to do so if price were to move in the direction they want to go quicker than they can get a good price for their positions. So they keep the bar squat to get a great price for everything. How that actually happens is beyond me, but thats the theory behind it.

Im watching the 30min opening range for the majority of my trades. I LOVE playing breakout failures as those are the most powerful, and happen more often than one would think. Coupling that with volume and the fact that price is attracting volume, one can easily see if the price is going to hold a breakout or fail. Definite edge IMO.

Ok Tin that will be nice... I also noticed that the firts 30 min range has a great deal of consideration on futres, I like Clayburgs work on that...

Since following forex on my forex research project I am using Metatrader 4, and happens to be that Northfinance has Futures real time data for some popular contracts like YM... they have their data slipped by two ticks wich doesnt bother me.. but I have been able to start looking this firts half hour range as we are studyng something similar in forex... take a look at todays attachment an you can see how market has a great deal of consideration for this levels... cheers Walter.

5aa70de83e692_ym30minrange.thumb.gif.2c540642e3b45174402cc842b5995e91.gif

Yes, absolutely. I've been paying attention to the first 30min range for a couple months now and trading it with much success.

As per to your comentary you are trading the cycle back in to the range... in your experience do this normally take price action to the other extreme of the more times than not ? cheers Walter.

More times than not, yes it does. I've actually done some pretty extensive research on this with the YM and for the past 18 months or so playing just the range break failure nets an average of 30+ points on a max excursion basis...that's 30 point each day...averaged over 18 months. Sometimes it makes 200 points (again, max excursion from entry) sometimes you get stopped out for avg of -15.

Daily profits averaged with a trailing stop is just over 20 points a day. Pretty awesome setup thats for sure.

Nice information Tin... I aprecciate that...

in this case would your timing happen outside(anticipation) or inside the range (confirmation) after the failure pattern... ?

Gotta confess I didn't take a setup. Was a short at 13447 as price tried to go abck inside the 30min range and couldn't and i watched it happen....ended up being a 50 point trade. Didn't take it because I was afraid of giving back my profits...but thats the wrong type of thinking. Negative thinking didn't get anyone anywhere right?

That's been an issue with me, too, Tin. But it all comes back to having confidence in your method. I've have a history of skipping setups, especially late in the day especially on Friday. Because I didn't want to give my profits back and end on a down note of loss and regret.

But I have new way of looking at the market and it has given me a burst of confidence, and here in the PM on Friday up for the day I just got a short signal on YM and took it. The trade monkeyed with a me little but I hung in there, and was reward with +35.

Of course, the trade could have gone against me, but that's the risk.

Thanks for letting us share your trading experiences.