Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

kingston

How long does it take to become a successful trader?

I am quite sure that those who do it faster than others are more disciplined and consistent as compared to the remainder.

You can be as 'disciplined' and' consistent' as you like

...doesn't mean a thing.

Without a reliable method of extracting money from the market you are completeley wasting your time.

And by posting this amateurish vanilla crap on a trading forum you are just wasting everybody else's time as well

Very few succeed because most humans are utterly and completely afraid to think for themselves. It's like a cancer spreading over the globe right now.

Sorry to piss all over your strawberries but the failure statistics completely back me up and vindicate all the above comments I just made.

I will rephrase your reply so it makes some kind of coherent logical sense (which is backed up by reality... just to remind you what reality is...80-90% lose)

The question was:How long does it take to become a successful trader?

As soon as you find a reliable way of extracting money from the market without allowing your natural human tendancy to get in the way and fuck things up... basically however long that takes you.

In most cases never.

Life sucks. Just deal with it.:)

It depends on only the person that how capable he is with his knowledge and skills for trading. We can not say anything about, how long to learn it.

It must be hell having so much to share with the world but be unable to find the right, or in fact any words to convey the great pearls of wisdom

What kind of emoticon would suit a post like this?

How about a mouse throwng itself into a trap? Maybe a used condom floating in a public urinal.

Every time crazy horse posts, there should be a sound affect of a bollock bouncing down a fire escape in slow motion.

Every time these guys post I have a vision of 10,000 slavic workers sitting in perfect rows embalming dead snails for the export market

Maybe aliens will abduct him/herze/zer/them in exchange for a book of predictions for the euro.

Have you ever considered working in Brussels..or the UK civil service? Fabulous opportunities for wrting stuff that no human will ever read

Then again, how about flat pack furniture instructions?

You know, there are endless opportunities to be busy writing stuff that is so devoid of meaning or usefulness that it could actually end up being championed by a neo liberal think tank and then inflicted on 5 year olds without their parents consent..

One could develop a real niche market for the written word simply by allowing ever greater numbers of people to post incoherent useless advice wherever they feel like it regardless of lack of knowlege.

HEY! we could call it- the post information age. Trust me, there are neo liberals out there right now who can only dream of having entire poulations busy copying your style.while they get on with the serious business of transgendering your family..

Can't wait to see you explaining to your robot domestic why she shouldnt just keep squeezing your neck until you turn blue.

That's a one liner I'm really looking forward to.

Edited by mitsubishi
nowhere near enough bile

and

Subsequently Posted by Crazyzdo »

It depends on only the person that how capable he is with his knowledge and skills for trading. We can not say anything about, how long to learn it.

(I'm going to be forgiving... ie I think it's an English language thing mostly... bots do have trouble with dialect, etc...)

and

(I'm going to be forgiving... ie I think it's an English language thing mostly... bots do have trouble with dialect, etc...)

You see what I mean?

DO YA PUNK?

one word. One friggin word. it's genius... Genius.

Let's summarize-

Yeah funny man...damn rude but funny.. gotta admit it.

BUT, guy has a valid point

Said it in a friggen irritatin' way, nothing ground breakin but worth sayin

Diplomacy is the better part of rippin the piss out of someone

All's well that ends well

And probably a few more I missed for now

So dazzling is da genius in dis post I'm gonna need shades:cool:

Oh no, wait a minute, god damn cheated with some code here. Usual tricks

Still, it proves my other theory. Behind every genius in global history is the story of a fkin cheat. One big con game this world.

Closest thing to genius you'll see here though..

You see what I mean?

DO YA PUNK?

one word. One friggin word. it's genius... Genius.

Let's summarize-

Yeah funny man...damn rude but funny.. gotta admit it.

BUT, guy has a valid point

Said it in a friggen irritatin' way, nothing ground breakin but worth sayin

Diplomacy is the better part of rippin the piss out of someone

All's well that ends well

And probably a few more I missed for now

So dazzling is da genius in dis post I'm gonna need shades:cool:

Still, it proves my other theory. Behind every genius in global history is the story of a fkin cheat. One big con game this world.

Closest thing to genius you'll see here though..

Paranoia? You should have too unrealistic requirements for somebody to prove himself to be outstanding.

Absolute genius doesn't exist. It all public eyes staring at somebody because he could ascent above their stupidity.

being clever is across a gap from being innocent.

being clever is against being innocent.

“In any situation, there are many ways to be guilty. There is only one way to be innocent.” zdo

:)

being clever is across a gap from being innocent.

being clever is against being innocent.

“In any situation, there are many ways to be guilty. There is only one way to be innocent.” zdo

:)

There's only one way to be a genius. You conflated my point. Not complaining, just doesn't leave me any where to go:confused:

Paranoia? You should have too unrealistic requirements for somebody to prove himself to be outstanding.

Absolute genius doesn't exist. It all public eyes staring at somebody because he could ascent above their stupidity.

It does exist. You just can't see it, due to the amount of evil in the packaging and the amount of time you spend hypnotized at it...

Here's an example of real genius

Edited by mitsubishi

There's only one way to be a genius. You conflated my point. Not complaining, just doesn't leave me any where to go:confused:

I apologize.

But I must conflate some more :grin:

“In any situation, there are many ways to be genius. There is only one way to be ignernt.” zdo

Edited by zdo

I apologize.

But I must conflate some more :grin:

“In any situation, there are many ways to be genius. There is only one way to be ignernt.” zdo

Have you seen all my posting history:confused:

On 2006-09-02 at 12:40 AM, kingston said:

I have been involved in the markets for about 10 months and have yet to call myself a successful trader. Does anyone know the length of the average learning cycle for a new trader?

I had a friend who started day trading NASDAQ stocks back in 2004 and was making minimum 250k his first year. Is this the norm?

Thanks

Hi, i think there are no months or years for you to be successful in trading as longs as you know the strategies very well. Consider all the commodities available in trading that you can use such as gold, oil etc,. You also have to know that you elevate the type of account that you are at. The higher your account that higher profit you get.

On 12/19/2017 at 6:12 AM, CrazyCzarina said:

You can learn Forex by yourself but become a successful trader takes time. Forex trading is challenging and takes a while to fully understand.

Trading is challenging in general, but fx is the easiest to start with, no?

It depends on your skills, time, trading plan, money management and the amount of invested money. With a small account you can't trade for a living. If you have enough money and your trading plan and money management works then you can trade for a living.

It depends on the person that how he can manage his skills with trading and learning the basic with a demo or any other way. We can suggest them but after all, learning is the procedure which takes time.

Right, thank you. I was sort of thinking the same but wasn't sure on how much the initial balance "should" be to be able to trade efficiently.

On 2/9/2006 at 2:44 AM, Soultrader said:

It really depends on the persons passion for the markets. One year is definitely not the norm. Your friend has done an amazing job in just one year.

It took me 2 years of intense studying and trading to get to where I am. I was quite a journey.

I would say on average it takes 2-3 years before one can start trading for a living. This is just my opinion, I am sure some may find me a slow learner.

Exactly, it really depends on the persons passion.

Posted (edited)

That is a question I ask myself regularly and always come up with a different answer. Some people say it takes at least 2-3 years of learning and practicing. I'm only a wanna be trader but I definitely want to share my conclusion on that matter. I subscribed to a learning package only this week. They have a 4-month learning package, they let you "play" with monopoly money on a platform with real market data, and if you have a good enough result they promise to have you a funded account. So fingers crossed, I'm very excited about Earn2Trade and hope that I can say soon that I'm a trader.

Edited by Jason Solomon

The answer to this question is relative. I mean, it depends upon you. It depends how quickly you understand the market and the company in which you invest. If you study the life of successful traders, it is analyzed that it took them years.