Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TAking

Full-time Traders: Business Cards?

As a full-time trader, what should I put on my business card? I definetely do not get a positive response when I tell people I am a speculator. Most people will relate trading to gambling.

How does professional trader sound? What do you guys think?

As a full-time trader, what should I put on my business card? I definetely do not get a positive response when I tell people I am a speculator. Most people will relate trading to gambling.

How does professional trader sound? What do you guys think?

Professional trader doesnt sound too good. Maybe be more specific like "professional equities trader",

Do traders qualify as financial advisors?

Guest cooter
Entrepreneur works

Nah, that's shady business to some people. Does that fly on your loan apps, BTW?

I like "management consultant". Either that or "quantitative derivatives analyst" or just "derivatives analyst". That's just another way of saying I daytrade futures and commodities for a living. :)

Guest cooter
"Fund manager" is good, especially if you like the idea of trading other people's money some day.

But when they ask you which firm you work for, or if you are licensed (CTA, for example), then what do you say?

"private money and risk manager". Any biz card with the word "money" would certain attact attention, esp. women (kill 2 birds with one stone) :D

The other option is "blah blah blah..." That would be an ice-breaker!

Why do you need a business card?

That reminds me of the first lines in Stanley Bing's book "100 Bullshit Jobs…And How to Get Them"

To my dad, a college professor and a very learned man, who carried in his wallet a business card that he would present only to those who offered theirs. In the middle of the card was his name in fine, raised type. And underneath, where the personal information should have been, was the simple statement:“I’m something of a bullshit artist myself.”

:D

That reminds me of the first lines in Stanley Bing's book "100 Bullshit Jobs…And How to Get Them"

To my dad, a college professor and a very learned man, who carried in his wallet a business card that he would present only to those who offered theirs. In the middle of the card was his name in fine, raised type. And underneath, where the personal information should have been, was the simple statement:“I’m something of a bullshit artist myself.â€Â

:D

That's a classic. I'd love to see the look on the other guy's face when giving him a business card like that.

Well when it comes to meeting women nothing with Money in it beats "Fighter Pilot". Sorry guys I'm sorry but saying you play at Top Gun for a living cuts the mustard imho. Either that or if you can say you drive a F1 car for a living then you get any woman.

Anyways the trick to women is to treat em' mean, keep em' keen! All women love a man who can tell them what to do!!

Anyhow for a business card I'd put down "Derivative Analyst" or "Securities Trading & Investment Manager". Looks good when your goin for that margin loan!

If you're trading under a business for tax reasons then you can even give yourself a lofty title like "Senior" or "Securities and Risk Management Executive"

Guest cooter

Sure, but isn't a CEO generally at a far greater level than a mere Derivatives Trader - wouldn't you think?

If your CEO you can't really be anything else. But you can be an executive or a director and still a trader.

I think it's perfectly fine to say either "Securities & Risk Management Executive" or "Director of Derivatives and Securities Management".

If you're trading personally under your own business then sure you can be the CEO. You could even take the land you own your house on, seceed, start your own country and call yourself Emperor! What I'm trying to say is that you can always pick any title you want as long as it sounds sensible.

Soul, personally i'd just combine both trading and business into one by using the "Managing Director" title and then you can add in derivatives management etc. e.g: "Managing Director of Derivatives and Risk Management"