Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Review of Open ECry (futures broker)

Is the subscription limit of 10 symbols correct? I just got my live account setup today and got the subscription limit message. I thought the 10 symbol limit was just part of the demo.

can any of you Ecry users help out. I am new user and have been struggling for 1/2 an hour trying to figure out how to change an indicator to a sub-chart (below the price chart). I cannot figure out how to do this simple chart adjustment.

In Easylanguage code you would right-click into the properties menu and check something to either be 'right axis' or 'same as underlying data'. But the EL editor in OEC doesn't allow you to do this.

help

When you apply a new indicator to a chart, in the bottom left corner there is a " create in new area" or something along those lines.

Tradestation required a downloaded plug-in -- VWAP wasn't a standard feature built in. So this was not just EL code -- so I doubt it would work. I don't have access to Tradestation anymore so I can't try it anyway --- but I really doubt it would work.

This can't be too hard to build. A cumulative volume weighted (O+H+L+C)/4) on a 1-minute chart would be decent proxy. I am not so great at coding stuff like this so won't attempt it --- but OEC surely has a few stud coders that could probably write some good efficient code quickly -- we just need to notify them that this is something we would like.

i use the new system and really like it.. had some trouble at first figuring out the multi legged strategy setup, but it was not difficult.... fast execution and no data issues at all.... really like it.

For OEC futures:

Limit of 10 data feeds.

No tick/trin. no DJT.

They only accept checks and wire transfers. No electronic transfers.

Customer support available through platform chat.

i like the charting software.

Can render trade reports through the platform.

My review of OEC...

DOM -> Solid and fast

Charting -> Havent used it much but it does have a trade entry from charts.. seems basic but could be useful for chart traders

Platform -> Lightweight which is good imo

Reporting -> Rarely works for me.. lacks stats which is a big downside

Support -> Pretty good. They try but they don't always know the right answer. Never had trouble getting them to try though. I'd say support is above average.

Commissions -> About average at tier 1. They are good compared to the expensive brokers but many brokers are dropping their rates these days.

Overall: Very good but there seem to be many good options these day.

My message to Open ECry & Gain Capital & FuturesOnline.

The system has been down 10/15/14 & 10/16/14. This is how I earn a living. You need to make this right. Returning all commissions for the month of October would be a good first step right after you fix your product.

Feel free to send them a message as well. Their email addresses are:

clientservices @ gaincapital.com

info @ futuresonline.com

support @ openecry.com