Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Donald

Which indicators you like and why

So I've been messing with the indicators and learning about them. Made me curious what does the majority use here and why?

Currently I'm using Bollinger Bands, Awesome Oscillator, Moving Average, Belkhayate Timing and Parabolic SAR.

From all these Belkhayate is my favourite so far, it almost only made me win trades. While Parabolic is almost like MA, I still can read it more clearly on how the market moves.

I use them because a lot of traders stick with them. It’s like a self full-filling prophecy. When a lot of people use a specific tool it will become true. They are great in normal conditions, but when something unpredictable happens at the market they are less reliable.

Well hey. Everyone has to start somewhere, I was just simply curious on what people use in general. Forums and the Beginner Forum specifically are here for a reason after all.

Meanwhile you could also tell us what is a good method to practice so we don't fail.

3 hours ago, PAOptions said:

None. Price action is all I need.

how inane... it's like posting in a 'what kind of car do you like?' thread about how you only take uber.

But that's how we roll around here... talking about indicators in price action threads... talking about price action in  indicator threads...

Noobies,

PAn said "Indicators are absolutely worthless"

To be more accurate, PAn should have posted "Indicators are absolutely worthless to me."

Indicators are like any other measure or representation - worthless if you don’t know how to use them.  When I first started trading I studied indicators in depth then moved on... it was not until many years later when I got into automation that indicators and learning how and WHEN to use them became not “absolutely worthless”  but extremely valuable.

PAn, somewhere a noob is in a Price Action thread trying to integrate new material.  Someone like you pops up and says “Price action trading is absolutely worthless. Indicators are all I need” .  Helpful?      No.   To really be accurate PAn should have posted nothing at all in this thread...