Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I read about Infinity AT platform somewhere in TL and I signed up for the simulator. I have to say, the platform was great and the service was great. I emailed to enquire about margin and commission and they called me immediately. However I'm concern about the execution. I'm a dax trader and a scalper. Execution is the most important for me. Anybody who is currently using Infinity service, can you give an overview for Infinity in comparison with other broker in terms of execution, commission, etc? I really love the platform anyway. Thanks.

Guest cooter

Platform is great - top notch. So is execution.

Broker service is WYSIWYG.

Guest cooter
Cooter, can you make any recommendations of whom to deal with? PM is OK.

I sent you a PM.

I find the whole idea of an "assigned broker" a bit creepy. I prefer the Interactive Brokers style where you can anonymously make a million or blow your account without worrying about someone looking over your shoulder.

Guest cooter
I find the whole idea of an "assigned broker" a bit creepy. I prefer the Interactive Brokers style where you can anonymously make a million or blow your account without worrying about someone looking over your shoulder.

Setup of available contracts and trading months shouldn't be a difficult task as well, but apparently you have to "request" what contracts you want to trade and have those "approved" and setup on your account by the broker, instead of just picking whatever you want and setting it up yourself, as you go.

When you don't have the freedom, flexibility and choice of choosing what to trade whenever you wish, it can hamper your ability to manage and execute your trading plan effectively.

I agree with you guys, I don't like having to ask permission to trade something. I guess some brokers just prefer to keep tabs on you, but it can be a pain in the butt.

I've recently began discussions with Open ECry and I must say, I am impressed thus far for a futures broker. Very accommodating and willing to get your business. There's something to be said about being able to work with a smaller firm that has the ability to do what it takes (w/in reason) to get your biz. I'd suggest at least contacting OEC if you are in the market for a broker.

----------

Make sure to vote for me in the trading quote contest!! Hurry before time runs out!! http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f97/trading-quotes-june-2007-votes-1879.html

Guest cooter
I'd suggest at least contacting OEC if you are in the market for a broker.

Ditto. I'll post my comments about Open E Cry on another thread, so we can keep this one open for comments about Innfinity and Transact.

Ditto. I'll post my comments about Open E Cry on another thread, so we can keep this one open for comments about Innfinity and Transact.

I started a thread cooter on OEC - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f92/review-open-ecry-futures-broker-1904.html

----------

Make sure to vote for me in the trading quote contest!! Hurry before time runs out!! http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f97/trading-quotes-june-2007-votes-1879.html

I'm looking to open an account with Infinity, but when going throught their forms, you come to a page like this:

"Authorization for transactions in which TransAct may be on the other side"

When I opened my Tradestation account I never had to sign anything like this, but with Infinity it seems you have to.

At present I don't know who is on the other side and never will, but I know if Infinty/TransAct are going to be on the other side, then surely slippage would come into factor.

Has anyone noticed much slippage with this firm?

Do other brokers set up these arrangements?

Many Thanks

Blu-Ray

Guest cooter

Actually, this is pretty much standard with many firms, be they FCMs or IBs.

It's usually a CYA authorization, just in case.

As is the case however, many forex bucketshops actively do this - act as the counterparty to your trades - but in the futures market you expect your trades to go into the regulated exchange for execution.

By taking the other side of your orders, you can potentially be at the mercy of your broker with stop spikes and errant quotes and the like, so be wary.

By taking the other side of your orders, you can potentially be at the mercy of your broker with stop spikes and errant quotes and the like, so be wary.

Thanks cooter for the info

yes thats what I'm wary about

Blu-Ray

Guest cooter

No need to worry about Transact (Infinnity is an IB for Transact) on this one, IMHO. They are solid firms with a good reputation for fair dealings.

However, if you're in the UK, and dealing with spreadbetting or CFDs then I would worry quite a bit - since those trades aren't necessarily entered into the regulated markets.

Remember, no audit trail could lead to big problems.

Thanks again cooter

Yes I'm in the UK and have dealt with the spreadbetting companies. This was the main reason I was worried, because I know having a bookie on the other side, they skew prices and stitch you up.

It was for this reason that made me think why Infinity/TransAct would want to be on the other side?

But if you're saying that most companies ask for this info, then thats good enough for me.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Guest cooter

Just make sure that they are regulated brokers and not one-off dealing books for High Street punters, if you know what I mean.

One quick measure is if you look at the Bid/Ask DOM and it doesn't match up with other brokers, say on the ES (e-mini S&P), for example - you might infer that something's going on, since all those orders should be placed in the market, and thus visible to all participants.

For US firms, look for NFA and CFTC oversight and registration.

More info at:

http://www.nfa.futures.org/index.asp

and

http://cftc.gov/cftc/cftcexchproducts.htm?from=home&page=epcontent

Guest cooter

Sierra Charts is the platform that is used. You can find more info throughout this site about it.

Thanks cooter for the info! I tried to contact Matt McKinney @Infinity but there's no response. I'm wondering if there's someone else that you could recommend that I could talk to about their commissions/fees etc? PM is fine.

Thanks!

sxg

Hi Notouch,

Obviously I'm biased, but your broker is there to help you manage risk and work with you. This is one reason why I'm able to offer considerably lower margins than other "anonymous" firms. In addition I'm in the service business so if a platform ever goes down (which they all do from time to time), my clients call me directly and I execute any trade for them immediately for no extra charge. I'm a back up thats it.

Best regards,

Tom