Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I find the whole idea of an "assigned broker" a bit creepy. I prefer the Interactive Brokers style where you can anonymously make a million or blow your account without worrying about someone looking over your shoulder.

That just cracked me up. lol Not sure, why but it was funny..and true. lol

Can someone explain to me who uses Infinity, why one would not just go through TransAct Futures? Isnt the Infinity platform a reproduction of TransAct's platform?

Why use a middleman?

I am demo-ing platforms right now, and will be demo-ing these soon...I just wanted to know why I should not just go straight to TransAct for the demo?

I absolutely LOVE Infinity. I usually get filled on a 50 contract ES trade in 1 second, sometimes 2 at the most. And Tom will take very good care of you! :)

Hi Disco Scottie,

Does Infinity require some minimum number of trades before some kind of fees kick in? Also, how much is a round trip ES contract?

Thanks,

Armand

Hi Disco Scottie,

Does Infinity require some minimum number of trades before some kind of fees kick in? Also, how much is a round trip ES contract?

Thanks,

Armand

There's no minimum number of trades, 50 contracts is what I happen to be comfortable with. The round trip fee will depend on how much $$$ you have in your account, it's a negotiable amount. But I think you'll be very pleased. PM me if you'd like contact info with them.

I have to disagree with all the favorable Infinity comments here. I was whacked inactivity fees and had my commissions bumped up all without notification. When I signed up with them I explicitly asked if there were volume minimums and inactivity charges and they said, "NO".

The platform is just a white label of the Transact AT - so if that is the attraction you might as well sign up with Transact and get a lower commission rate to boot!

I am curious as to some of the specifics such as:

What were the "inactivity fees" and how long did it take for them to come into play?

What percent were your commissions bumped up?

What was their response when you confronted them about you "explicitly" asking them if there were minimums?

How long ago did this happen?

After reading this I contacted a friend that has accounts with several brokers and that I knew hadn't taken a trade through Infinity this year yet. He confirmed that he has never received a "no activity" fee and his commissions were still mid $4.

Any more specific information about your situation would be greatly appreciated.

Also, with your comment about going through Infinity versus Transact...many times it's about customer service and being able to get through when you need them the most.

Minetoo -- PM me with details and I will look into it.

Infinity_Tom

Hi Infinity_Tom,

Do you know if there is some minimum number of trades that are required to avoid an inactivity fee. If so, what number of trades would that be.

Thanks,

Armand

Hi Infinity_Tom,

Do you know if there is some minimum number of trades that are required to avoid an inactivity fee. If so, what number of trades would that be.

Thanks,

Armand

Hi Armand,

* There are no Inactivity fees with Infinity.

* There are no minimum trading requirements.

* Minimum account size is $2500

* $500 Daytrade Margins for Eminis, YM

PM me for further details or go here --> http://www.infinityfutures.com/demoforms/IATdemo.aspx?ref=tdlb for a free 30 day demo.

Thanks Tom!

These are very low commissions for the Eurex.

When trading for example the FESX and making a profit of 100 € after Com - will the profit be quoted in EUR or converted into USD??

Thanks Tom!

When trading for example the FESX and making a profit of 100 € after Com - will the profit be quoted in EUR or converted into USD??

nosast,

All Profit / loss figures will be in Euros.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

nosast - Tom quoted you MARGINS, not COMMISSIONS. Two very different things. Make sure you get BOTH in writing.

nosast - Tom quoted you MARGINS, not COMMISSIONS. Two very different things. Make sure you get BOTH in writing.

Infinity's margins are great, and the their commissions are great too. i am thrilled to be a client. I will be a LIFELONG client... their fill times are amazing, and my profits are amazing as well. Thank you Infinity!!!

Infinity_Tom

I am a trial user for the Infinity At/transact demo and have a few concerns:

Where do you hold orders - server side or client computers?

if I / for instance / have to reboot my computer, Infinity AT lost all my orders/brackets/stops from previous session or its able to pull/recover all the orders like nothing happend?

Is there any difference between demo and live account in terms of quality of data feed?

I've noticed a significant lag compare to eSignal data feed using MC and two data feeds.

Is it possible to place a one click stop limit order using a DOM instead of default stop market order?

Thanks

Edited by Z_trade

Infinity_Tom

I am a trial user for the Infinity At/transact demo and have a few concerns:

Where do you hold orders - server side or client computers?

if I / for instance / have to reboot my computer, do the platform able to pull all my orders/brackets/stops from previous session or its lost?

Is there any difference between demo and live account in terms of quality of data feed?

I've noticed a significant lag compare to eSignal data feed using MC and two data feeds.

Is it possible to place a one click stop limit order using a DOM instead of default stop market order?

Thanks

Hi Z,

Thanks for your interest.

All orders are immediately sent to the exchange. The OCO functionality of "intelligent" orders such as brackets, trailing stops, stops to breakeven is handled differently. The intelligence is held on your computer, so even though a bracket is sitting on the exchange if you close down your platform or a communication stoppage occurs between your PC and our servers, both orders will be at risk of getting filled.

The Simulator has no memory so PNL, and some other functions are not held over if you close down the platform.

At certain times our systems engineers perform testing on the simulator this may impact data feed speed at times, but overall you should be experiencing a fast data feed with AT. If you aren't after several trials let me know. There might be a connection issue between you and us and we will take a look at that.

It is possible to customize the platform to place stop limits. This can be achieved by adjusting default button actions under the main properties dialog.

It is a little involved so I won't take up anymore space with instructions here. PM me and I will contact you and help you set up this custom order set.

Best regards,

Tom

Guest forsearch
Hi Z,

Thanks for your interest.

All orders are immediately sent to the exchange. The OCO functionality of "intelligent" orders such as brackets, trailing stops, stops to breakeven is handled differently. The intelligence is held on your computer, so even though a bracket is sitting on the exchange if you close down your platform or a communication stoppage occurs between your PC and our servers, both orders will be at risk of getting filled.

The Simulator has no memory so PNL, and some other functions are not held over if you close down the platform.

At certain times our systems engineers perform testing on the simulator this may impact data feed speed at times, but overall you should be experiencing a fast data feed with AT. If you aren't after several trials let me know. There might be a connection issue between you and us and we will take a look at that.

It is possible to customize the platform to place stop limits. This can be achieved by adjusting default button actions under the main properties dialog.

It is a little involved so I won't take up anymore space with instructions here. PM me and I will contact you and help you set up this custom order set.

Best regards,

Tom

Are GTC orders available with the AT platform yet?

-fs