Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

,,,just Sayin...

“nothing that someone else is required to provide is a right.”

just sayin'

True dat! Watch my head explode every time I hear: "health care is a right"

It may be 'the right thing to do" (that can be debated), and it may even be good for business in general (that too can be debated), but there is no argument for "health care is a right". One could not be more "wrong". Just saying...

“Rather than give him the pass on ‘well promises just simply can’t all be kept when you’re dealing with the real world in DC’, I’m gonna have to come down in the ‘Trump is just another bold faced liar sellout’ camp. ” Bill Bored

“Rather than give him the pass on ‘well promises just simply can’t all be kept when you’re dealing with the real world in DC’, I’m gonna have to come down in the ‘Trump is just another bold faced liar sellout’ camp. ” Bill Bored

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around another 1000 plus days. I'm somewhat reminded of the Kipling story (movie): "The Man Who Would be King". In the context of real life though... his (DJT) falsehoods were obvious from the start (I still can't get past the "birther" thing).

Speaking of "kings": One would have to be King to get anything done. Set everyone down, deliver the "come to jesus" speech, and make it clear that "I'm your daddy now".

Single payer catastrophic health care for all (based on 10% percent of your income... you pay the first 10%). Such a plan doesn't bruise my libertarian sensibilities (too much), and everyone is covered.

A simplified tax code with no carve outs for anyone (I would retain the EIC, but that's it). Corporate tax is a thing of the past... replaced with some form of a VAT.

There is more, but for now the "kiddie table" has spoken. DJT hasn't proclaimed it yet, but: "It's good to be King".

post science ... as in

Medical studies are almost always bogus | New York Post

etc, etc

and

Bill Nye: "Science is political" https://t.co/ykTUfoV5Hnpic.twitter.com/7pbAmuLJxM

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) April 22, 2017

hey bill nyet, when science is political ... that equals post science ... just sayin

hm...

Some human scientists faced with nonhuman species who have braincomputers equal to or larger than their own, retreat from responsibilities of interlock research into a set of beliefs peculiar to manual, manipulating, bipedal, featherless, recording, dry, airvocalizing, cooperating intraspecies, lethal predatory-dangerous, virtuous self image, powerful immature, own species-worshipping primates, with 1400 gram brains.

Specifically, human scientists faced with dolphins (with 1800 gram brains) retreat into several safe cognitive areas, out of contact with the dolphins themselves. The commonest evasion of contact is the assumption of a human a priori knowledge of what constitutes "scientific research on dolphins," i.e., a limited philosophical, species specific, closed concept system.

Common causes of retreat are too great fear of the dolphin's large size, of the sea, of going into water, of the Tropics, of cold water, etc. Another safe retreat is into the let's see what happens if we do this or the experimental "mucking around" region. Years can be spent on this area with no interlock achieved; successful evasion is thus continued endlessly. Increasingly and frequently scientists are trying the let's pretend we are nonexistent (to the dolphins) observers and do a peeping Tom through under water windows on them, commonly called an "ethological approach." This activity also evades interlock research quite successfully.

Other cognitive traffic control devices to evade the responsibilities of close contact are appearing about as rapidly as each additional kind of scientist enters the arena with the dolphins: icthyologists, zoologists, comparative psychologists, anthropologists, ethologists, astronomers each has had at least one representative of his field approach dolphins. Each one thinks up good and sufficient reasons for not continuing interlock research and not devoting his personal resources and those of his scientific field to such far out, nonapplied, longterm, basic research. Non scientist type persons also approach;

most leave with similar sophistries. A few stay. Some who stay have an exploitative gleam in their eye: dollar gleam, military application gleam, self-aggrandizement gleam. Some persons stay because of a sense of wonder, awe, reverence, curiosity, and an intuitive feel of dolphins themselves.

The dolphin respecting (not dolphin loving) persons (scientists or not) are the potential interlock group sought; dedication to dolphin human interlock without evasions is a difficult new profession. The persons I know in this class are few, as of 1965. The few need help: facilities, assistance of the right sorts, privacy, few demands of other kinds, money, cognitive and intellectual backup, encouragement, enlightened discussions, and, of course, dolphins. This is currently a necessarily lonely profession.

JOHN C . LILLY, M.D.

Edited by zdo

1400 some odd days... let the countdown begin:

I will gladly suffer liars, as long as they are good liars. Tell me a lie that is well conceived and thoughtful in the scope of human nature, circumstance, and general common sense; then cloak it in a bit of good story telling... well, I am at the very least entertained. I must also say that I appreciate that I've been shown that level of respect in such a contrivance.

Poor liars, on the other hand... well, it's just tedious.

And by the way Mr. Precedent, a child of nine understands that if there are co-liars involved... everyone must have their story straight.

1400 some odd days... let the countdown begin:

I will gladly suffer liars, as long as they are good liars. Tell me a lie that is well conceived and thoughtful in the scope of human nature, circumstance, and general common sense; then cloak it in a bit of good story telling... well, I am at the very least entertained. I must also say that I appreciate that I've been shown that level of respect in such a contrivance.

Poor liars, on the other hand... well, it's just tedious.

And by the way Mr. Precedent, a child of nine understands that if there are co-liars involved... everyone must have their story straight.

jp. it's traumatizing to see your posts make even less sense than mine :rofl:

1400 days ?? etc

just sayin'

speaking of lies

Following lie after lie, the government-run healthcare fiasco known as Obamacare continues to unravel and collapse, leaving tens of millions of Americans paying obscene prices for unusable ‘coverage’ – that is, when they can get it at all.

One of the biggest lies of all used by former President Obama ... is that the Affordable Care Act would provide a myriad of choices of insurance coverage, an alleged aspect of the plan that would lead to more competition and lower prices.

The exact opposite has happened, in fact, as prices for monthly premiums and out-of-pocket deductibles have literally become unaffordable for many.

And now, as major insurer Aetna announces it will become the latest insurer to leave the Obamacare exchanges, millions of Americans will be left with no choice at all*. ...

* https://thenationalsentinel.com/2017/04/01/in-some-parts-of-u-s-obamacare-insurer-choice-will-drop-to-zero/

jp. it's traumatizing to see your posts make even less sense than mine :rofl:

1400 days ?? etc

just sayin'

My heuristics overshot the due date. (365 days X 3) + 250 days (roughly) brings us in at 1345 shopping days left until the next POTUS is sworn in... I'm hoping for a better liar. Just saying...

Edit: I do amuse myself (if no one else)... Hillary in 2020... Yea, that's the ticket.

Edited by jpennybags

Sorry... just can't stop amusing myself:

I'm so happy for Mr. James Comey... it's sweet to watch a master planner at work. And when the plan comes together... so sweet to witness.

I bow down... "building a shrine"... I could not (in my small brain) have conceived that one, but "good on ya" dude. Enjoy being out of the public eye...

If you think I'm just saying... I'm not.

Exactly... nicely stated Mr. Rappoport...

Further still... I have a certain feeling of guilt at watching the story unfold and being amused by it (this is serious in a larger scope, and it's not funny; as James Clapper has pointed out).

Watching Precedent Trump reminds me of the Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, or Harold Lloyd silent movies. Extricate yourself from one hapless ill-concieved incident, just to fall into another... and now, on top of it all, we have "tapes". Baffoonery at it's hapless best...

Edited by jpennybags