Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

,,,just Sayin...

Fake news friday

CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker:"there is a total and complete lack of understanding at the White House about the seriousness of their attacks on the media." 

Paraphrasing POTUS Don Trump: "there is a total and complete lack of understanding from the mainstreammedia about the seriousness of their attacks on the republic." 

MSNBC's Chuck Todd says he "has this fear" that the bombs shipped through the mail to prominent Democrats "could be some Russian operation" to sow division in the US.

TL’s zdo says he "has this fear" that the bombs shipped through the mail to prominent Democrats "could be some Democrat operation" to sow division in the US.

Twits - "...according to another follower tracker, Trump's followers have actually declined.  Is Trump right, and is Twitter throttling Trump's followers? We expect a response from Twitter shortly, denying any knowledge of the president's allegations."    Maybe Don should grow up ie face the hidden agendas of his (mostly robust) personality disorders and realize he’s hit the peak of simple mind followers and needs to adapt and and grow by adding more intelligent discourse 'somewhere' besides twit... sans pc of course... just sayin'

...This tectonic shift toward political upheaval has continued to spread throughout much of the world, with Italy and Brazil being two more recent examples. That something very major and very global is happening is undeniable at this point...

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2018/10/29/the-consequences-of-system-failure/

“undeniable” ????  Hm- These days I'm seeing the most ‘denial’ I have ever seen before ... just sayin’

Re: “denial” Unfortunately I was talking about traders 
Generally 
Trader  Ignorance remains stable, at about the same levels as ever... 
Trader  Stupidity is up  ... ie Trader   IQ’s are down...
and to the point of ‘denial’ ... a high percentage of traders  are in a ‘ world economy ‘  trance...
https://mises.org/library/hitlers-economics
(I do not agree with everything in that link btw)

finding comfort in denial yet?

Musings re TL

I’ve committed to ‘spending’ a few minutes a day on TL ... now every few years days minutes :stick out tongue:  I wonder what the fk for.  TL has a dearth of quality posting.  By that I mean a lack of both peer to peer posting and knower to noob tolerance for ignorance and/or ‘stupidity’
... (btw, I have rarely acted as a ‘peer’ or claimed to be a quality poster up here...I’m posting for now as an episodic resident folk sociologist... and no I will NOT try to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbJuEFs7-kU  ... just sayin’)

... in general, TL has trended  from mediocre way back when to plumb vapid now... and although initially the ownership was actively engaged and recent site owners are not, I don’t think that’s really much of a factor
I see some of that low quality and quantity as  a by-product of the toxicity of social media (... there were forums BEFORE fakebook came along ya know...) and as a reflection of the relative lower numbers of people trading these days - other gamings suck off a bunch and the myth that the individual trader can no long compete with algo and institutional trading has resulted in a lot of non starters and dropouts. Also, traders are a bit more introverted as a rule than many other more public endeavors, so trading forums are never going to be huge shimmering cities to begin with.  Imo, the education model the last several generations have progressively been subjected to doesn’t help a bit to ‘bring forth’ personal growth... students are not used to being told the truth anymore...and they are certainly less inclined to speaking the truth back than ever before.  they're trapped... So few are ready to grow beyond the prevailing educational paradigms to the type of 'learning' trading requires.  And finally and most important, trading methods skills are highly individualized and not readily transferrable ...

Ever wonder what the ownership is really thinking?  ... they thinking board it up?

preface: I don’t really give a rat’s ass about education or quality of education... ie no special interest in education   

That said, I do harp a lot on how the 'voice of trading‘ education paradigms can cripple noo traders’ development.  My own ‘schoolin’ education was a mix of private and public and was much higher quality than typical even for then.  No matter - it too interfered with my development as a trader and hindered  the journey to a personal awareness of that interference.

See yourself in any of this? 

...top-down education system has stifled innovation, taken away individual choice, and tied the hands of local educators. The one-size-fits all common core standards do not inspire students and do not prepare them for the real world. The plunge in ACT test scores shows that students aren’t getting any smarter. They are being dumbed down by a controlling system that does not inspire learning. The majority of students no longer want to ask questions and push the boundaries of science. They don’t want to explore the depths of knowledge in reading. The majority aren’t even prepared to calculate and compute mathematics.

Common Core abandons time-tested approaches to solving math problems. Common Core indoctrinates students with so-called “settled science,” discouraging students from asking questions and seeking answers of their own. Common Core is laced with corporate and industry propaganda and sells a very limited perspective in the subjects of social sciences and history. Common Core pushes for social justice initiatives, which are out of touch with reality. Common Core distracts students with screens, but doesn’t impart the freedom necessary for students to explore past the boundaries. Common Core is presented in a way to indoctrinate, instead of expanding student’s own ability to problem solve and pursue knowledge.

Point is - your ‘scrool larnin’ is likely interfering with your development as a trader in ways  not mentioned above and in ways you have never even considered... just sayin...

Not all the time - but more often than you think - a trader has to draw a line in the sand of his or her own human condition... I'm just sayin'

Didn’t have time to post yesterday...  Taking money in the morning and trying to keep from giving it back in the afternoon :) ( ... and you would think - I know I would -  after all these years that wouldn’t be an issue :))... anyways...

Yesterday morning predawn I had a dream that I gave my grandpa (rip) a used but high quality tractor with a back hoe on it and he backed it down a bank and adroitly pulled a large fresh stump out of the ground with just the right amount of rpm, clutch, and lift and pull on the hoe... Later in the day I saw this quote “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.”  HD Thoreau... This morning it occurred to me, the “I” is at the root of evil... just sayin’

If no one posted in TL yesterday, did anyone even click on TL ?? more rip?

AI works with data it is given.... just sayin’

There are rumors that the ‘artificial intelligence’ in all the AI funds may stop buying and even start selling.... just sayin’

...not an issue --- until you consider that there is not a diverse universe of AI ‘models’ out there.  In fact, the universe of neural net models are close to a weird ‘singularity’ esp on the trading platforms.... just sayin’

ie...not an issue --- until you consider that the outputs of Unsupervised Learning models, Supervised Learning models, Semi-supervised Learning models, and Reinforcement Learning models all correlate much more than one would hope.  Ie Some ‘geniuses’ develop an original model in Boston, another team builds a new proprietary model in Chicago... another out of Princeton,  etc etc. etc etc etc and all the models learn to do about the same things.... what am I just sayin’ ?