Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

,,,just Sayin...

No more clapping and hooting at concerts... it might trigger snowflakes.  And btw... If you don’t do the jazz hands correctly, you’re a racist... and your 'social rating' score  will plummet... just sayin’

Traders wonder why I post about things like censorship, social scoring, orwelling, statism, etc etc etc... see link below...

Freedom has costs and is not stable.  At its pole is security... false self created security...  Every trader has aspects of that polarity he or she must deal with ... ex: beginners think they can just ‘learn some stuff’ then trade successfully ... but the player you bring to follow the systems is just as important as the systems themselves... just sayin’

What the fuck     does this have to do with that?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-03/traders-afraid-drop-f-bombs-thanks-ai-powered-big-brother-style-surveillance

What has the world has been told to think of americans?
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/7-glimpses-into-the-social-decay-that-is-voraciously-eating-away-at-the-fabric-of-our-country

What remains to consider?  
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/do-not-participate-rage-news/
not much?  

Do you even know what a libertarian republic actually looks like, feels like, acts like?
I’m just sayin’

fun with prognosti snot :D and money

Dow 40,000 !  ???

(

... is just as likely as a 30-50% retrace at this point.  (... not that this sell off is over btw)

... update:  by my ‘algos’ the dow now needs 37,000 to be in a Bull mkt ... so 40,000 might also signify the shortest bull duration on record

... an rednec say theys a bunch of ded gold an sivver threds al ovr th enter net

)

... just sayin’ 

Have a great weekend all.

I would be happy to participate in the outrage  and dishing consequences about the Saudis killing that ‘journalist’ *... when we’ve acknowledged that the clintons killed seth rich and admitted to all the innocents we’re killing in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Afgan, and god knows where else.  ... just sayin’

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/10/15/khashoggi-was-no-critic-of-saudi-regime/

Edited by zdo
add link

20 hours ago, mitsubishi said:

No

Reflexivity

Financial markets, far from accurately reflecting all the available knowledge, always provide a distorted view of reality. This is the principle of fallibility. The degree of distortion may vary from time to time. Sometimes it’s quite insignificant, at other times it is quite pronounced.

Every bubble has two components: an underlying trend that prevails in reality and a misconception relating to that trend. When a positive feedback develops between the trend and the misconception, a boom-bust process is set in motion. The process is liable to be tested by negative feedback along the way, and if it is strong enough to survive these tests, both the trend and the misconception will be reinforced. ~ George Soros

So let’s go ‘beyond’ ...

My conceptual framework (Reflexivity) enabled me both to anticipate the crisis and to deal with it when it finally struck. It has also enabled me to explain and predict events better than most others. This has changed my own evaluation and that of many others. My philosophy is no longer a personal matter; it deserves to be taken seriously as a possible contribution to our understanding of reality. ~ George Soros 

Yet if you review his trades, including normal trades and his outlier ‘country killer’ trades, and dig a little bit, rather than developing a knack at ‘narrative trading’ it turns out in each instance he had agents providing inside knowledge previous to the emergence of the situation, and he then spent considerable resources buying influence to manipulate each situation to the trade’s advantage.  Rich and famous, he “felt obligated” to write books about it, but (What I’m just sayin’ is) - he is lying in his books.  If some permutation of the concepts have not already occurred to someone engaging in narrative trading, the term and concepts of Reflexivity may help one conceptualize narrative trading better and maybe even help to participate more fully in the middle of moves... but they will not help in (instigating) and participating at the beginning... or in pressing and assuring that the outcomes go to extremes ... and the painful truth is many trend traders go broke 'successfully' participating in the middle of moves.

Edited by zdo
move )

“Paid protesters are real”

Paying operatives to send pipe bombs to yourself is also “real”

Just sayin’

Edited by zdo
fix

A Short Fake Essay 
by zdo

Fake economics    
Fake money
Fake markets
Fake media spitting Fake narratives, ‘news’, financial reports* about Fake economics and markets  
Fake science
Fake research
Fake corporate agenda
Fake search engine results
Fake socializing ie Fakebook
Fake product quality 
Fake education
Fake health care

Fake issues
Fake genders
Fake virtuousness

Fake religions
Fake clergy
Fake government
Fake govt employees
Fake law enforcement
Fake political ‘parties’
Fake narratives and ‘news’ about Fake politics

(and going back near to when and where the fakin’ got all accelerated  ;) -  )
Fake boobs.

Have we reached peak Fake yet?  

Would you be ok if you never knew of or deliberated on all this Fake?

Would you be ok if you never read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_(novel)  ? or aHux ?

*https://www.oftwominds.com/blogoct18/inflation-threat10-18.html  etc

Fake news friday

CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker:"there is a total and complete lack of understanding at the White House about the seriousness of their attacks on the media." 

Paraphrasing POTUS Don Trump: "there is a total and complete lack of understanding from the mainstreammedia about the seriousness of their attacks on the republic." 

MSNBC's Chuck Todd says he "has this fear" that the bombs shipped through the mail to prominent Democrats "could be some Russian operation" to sow division in the US.

TL’s zdo says he "has this fear" that the bombs shipped through the mail to prominent Democrats "could be some Democrat operation" to sow division in the US.

Twits - "...according to another follower tracker, Trump's followers have actually declined.  Is Trump right, and is Twitter throttling Trump's followers? We expect a response from Twitter shortly, denying any knowledge of the president's allegations."    Maybe Don should grow up ie face the hidden agendas of his (mostly robust) personality disorders and realize he’s hit the peak of simple mind followers and needs to adapt and and grow by adding more intelligent discourse 'somewhere' besides twit... sans pc of course... just sayin'

...This tectonic shift toward political upheaval has continued to spread throughout much of the world, with Italy and Brazil being two more recent examples. That something very major and very global is happening is undeniable at this point...

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2018/10/29/the-consequences-of-system-failure/

“undeniable” ????  Hm- These days I'm seeing the most ‘denial’ I have ever seen before ... just sayin’

Re: “denial” Unfortunately I was talking about traders 
Generally 
Trader  Ignorance remains stable, at about the same levels as ever... 
Trader  Stupidity is up  ... ie Trader   IQ’s are down...
and to the point of ‘denial’ ... a high percentage of traders  are in a ‘ world economy ‘  trance...
https://mises.org/library/hitlers-economics
(I do not agree with everything in that link btw)

finding comfort in denial yet?

Musings re TL

I’ve committed to ‘spending’ a few minutes a day on TL ... now every few years days minutes :stick out tongue:  I wonder what the fk for.  TL has a dearth of quality posting.  By that I mean a lack of both peer to peer posting and knower to noob tolerance for ignorance and/or ‘stupidity’
... (btw, I have rarely acted as a ‘peer’ or claimed to be a quality poster up here...I’m posting for now as an episodic resident folk sociologist... and no I will NOT try to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbJuEFs7-kU  ... just sayin’)

... in general, TL has trended  from mediocre way back when to plumb vapid now... and although initially the ownership was actively engaged and recent site owners are not, I don’t think that’s really much of a factor
I see some of that low quality and quantity as  a by-product of the toxicity of social media (... there were forums BEFORE fakebook came along ya know...) and as a reflection of the relative lower numbers of people trading these days - other gamings suck off a bunch and the myth that the individual trader can no long compete with algo and institutional trading has resulted in a lot of non starters and dropouts. Also, traders are a bit more introverted as a rule than many other more public endeavors, so trading forums are never going to be huge shimmering cities to begin with.  Imo, the education model the last several generations have progressively been subjected to doesn’t help a bit to ‘bring forth’ personal growth... students are not used to being told the truth anymore...and they are certainly less inclined to speaking the truth back than ever before.  they're trapped... So few are ready to grow beyond the prevailing educational paradigms to the type of 'learning' trading requires.  And finally and most important, trading methods skills are highly individualized and not readily transferrable ...

Ever wonder what the ownership is really thinking?  ... they thinking board it up?