Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

,,,just Sayin...

jp

fake state deep state

fake water real water

keep it up and "Beware the ills of perfection".

will morph into

"hatred of the good for being the good"

Vanity of Vanities...all is vanity, and a chasing after the wind...

The use of the word “all” downgrades your message... other things are going on too... but I get your point.

Last week I was talking to a 18 mo. old trader. He divulged that he would sometimes place stops for a few trades that were all winners, then he would stop placing stops and sure enough a loss would sweep away the profits from the previous winners. I stopped myself from giving him an “it’s all ____” message... which would have been phrased something obvious like this

“stops... you either do it all the time or you don’t”.

Instead I slowed myself down a little bit and started asking questions about the operations and experiences of his Perfect - Defective polarities, his Victory-Defeat polarities, his Rights - Wrongs polarities, and his Wins-Losses polarities. Each one of those was operational in him... operational in his own discreet way... It is never “All _______ “ ... just saying...

have a great weekend all ;)

I stopped in to do some house cleaning and right a wrong...then definitely back to the river.

As it dovetailed perfectly with some other studies, I paid a visit to Winston Churchill and Anti-Semitism. As it turns out he delivered several oratories on the horrid practice of persecution of the Jews in British society and Europe and called an end to the foolishness...so to speak...in my own simple terms. Having squared that...

I think the word "all" is straight from the book...too lazy to look it up though. Word to the wise: "never take me too seriously".

First the IRS destroyed emails pivotal to investigations into their political targeting.

Thousands of Hillary Clinton emails deleted

NSA told the U.S. District Court Judge Jeffrey White in a filing on Thursday night and another little-noticed submission last year that, for some strange reason, the agency did not preserve the content of internet communications intercepted between 2001 and 2007 ...

Now the FBI "failed to preserve" texts between Peter Strzok & Lisa Page following the '16 election.

But I’d bet you beaucoup bucks any of these ‘agencies’ could access and deliver all your texts and emails in minutes ... just sayin’

start at 2:00... play at 1.5 or 2.0

Edited by zdo

OMG I have made every trading mistake possible on this planet multiple times - but this was a first. Last night I was showing a programmer some things and switched over to SIM mode. ... and ...Forgot to switch back. So I’ve traded all morning in freakn SIM - and did pretty good keeping up too ...just noticed it a few minutes ago... unbelievable :doh: :rofl: :crazy: :roll eyes:

my wife keeps inviting me to come to Hilton head... fk this shit... I’m going this weekend... maybe get some real vit d :)

the big picture trades

Taking another ~1/3 off the table on the short USD and correlate trades.

Locking in hedge on CL on nearly half the position... trailing the stop up to just above 64 H on the rest...

‘Ease of movement/travel’ is still up on the various indexes... however, 'ease' has been ‘rolling over’ this week ... and it’s time for a correction

Still piling up shorts in the bonds on the handles... which ever way handles are hit :)

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/flying-blind-part-1-how-bubble-finance-destroys-economic-efficiency-and-rationality/

Just sayin

Have a great weekend. See ya’ll next week... maybe

Word to the wise: there are few things that can be done to protect yourselves (I think the battle is lost...for the time being...I AM HOPEFULL) use your fucking head(s). I will take the time to elaborate for the so few that are here...

I have a Virgin Mobile account which requires a "pay as you go" monthly payment (credit card). Yesterday, I logged into a website that looked just like the "Virgin Mobile-Top Up" website...but it wasn't...it looked like it...had the same feel...same logo...same step down in the method of payment...the same but, but "slightly" different. I noticed the difference from the start, but the actual Virgin Mobile website does change it's look and format from time to time...without asking me about it.

This website walks you through the same payment options (same look: same feel), and then it won't allow you to process the payment. No transaction, but what they do have is your name, credit card number and your address. I called a few minutes after and cancelled the card. So...I'm good...I suppose...until I'm not. New credit card number and card within 10 working days...word to the wise: "Cash is king motherfuckers". If you take this simple example and extrapolate the possibilities, then you may draw some conclusions about the state of things...

"Cash is king"...back to the river, motherfuckers. Don't get sucked into the vortex...

Edit: I'm not a pissed off person.. it seems to be the cost of doing business. I like the use of revolving credit (it's helpful at times). Personally, I'm not a person that you would choose to fuck with (face to face), but in this current world...anyone can "take you out". Get Spartan in the way you think...

Edited by jpennybags

Last week during an extensive :roll eyes: TL conversation (about TL), I mentioned the great ‘dumbing down’ and increased ‘disturbance’. ie Many in the current and coming pool of young traders will instead be miserable recovering screen addicts who need to avoid ‘studying’

https://theconversation.com/with-teen-mental-health-deteriorating-over-five-years-theres-a-likely-culprit-86996

The consensus ‘theory’ that’s sucking everyone in is that it’s all the modern day ‘screen time’ combined with all the weird ‘conditioning’ of neurotransmitters via social media... but

That doesn’t draw the whole picture! I’d suggest also looking at stuff like

(play at 1.5 or 2 speed) ('poster' at ~37:50)

(... someone please refute this for us... before the 5g take its toll on you :confused: )

the FISA memo is coming...

"This means a “near-blackout” will likely be put in place to shadow ban or outright ban websites, social media accounts, YouTube users and others who dare to cover details of the FISA memo. " Mike Adams

...just Sayin...

Fakebook review:

Fakebook no longer allowing any advertising related to financial products and services, including anything associated with initial coin offerings and cryptocurrency, binary options, etc etc...

However, ads showing you how to prescribe yourself toxic pharmaceuticals still flying high

...btw If you’re still (why?) a Fakebook user, you can notify the company immediately by clicking the upper right-hand corner of the ad and reporting it.

Btw

...according to Fakebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg, for the first time ever, daily use of Fakebook in the United States is actually shrinking – to the tune of about 50 million hours per day... At that rate Fakebook will soon be as dead as TL :snicksnick:

(Hi guests, bye guests)

Emergency rooms are required to accept all patients regardless of their income. Housing regulations require landlords, realtors, and mortgage bankers to serve all customers equally, even if it goes against their subjective judgment. Food companies are required to label their products with precise quantities and daily values of ingredients.

At the same time, the product called "information" is regulated in the exactly opposite fashion. It is being filtered, altered, rejected, or exaggerated according to arbitrary and subjective markers and biases, creating a distorted and fraudulent picture of reality. If a food manufacturer tried to label his products the same way, he would be sued out of existence. Imagine buying fruit juice labeled with 0% sugar instead of the actual 100% and 100% of vitamin C instead of the actual 0%.

This clearly falls into the jurisdiction of the newly reformed Bureau of Consumer Protection, whose stated goal is to stop unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by:

collecting complaints and conducting investigations

suing companies and people that break the law

developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace

educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.

Some have proposed to regulate the Internet through the FCC, but that is fraught with equating the web with a public utility, which is subject to government rationing of free speech - a pitfall avoided by the recent repeal of Net Neutrality.

In contrast, the Bureau of Consumer Protection would treat the Internet as a marketplace for commercial products, one of which is information. Instead of regulating free speech, it would protect consumers against fraud.

On June 19, 2017, the U.S. Supreme Court rendered unconstitutional any restriction of speech based on the so-called "hate speech" allegations, unanimously reaffirming that there is no "hate speech" exception to the First Amendment. Justice Anthony Kennedy explains this decision as follows:

A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the government's benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society.

And yet, the unconstitutional and deceptively named "hate speech" gimmick is being excessively used to suppress conservative and libertarian speech by social media moderators and by algorithms embedded in FacebookGoogleTwitter code. The same gimmick is also being widely used today by speech police in many organizations, including educational and government entities, in clear violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Why and how we must fight to subdue FacebookGoogleTwitter

... ps pretty good week... again, thank the lord for overnight automation... packing it in. have a great weekend all.

Powell is going to find he has three jobs: Inflation, Jobs, and managing Trump who might well think a falling stock market is a Fed Plot to discredit him. Does that increase the risk of a policy mistake?

for chrise sake peeps ... like there have been no policy mistakes up to now... !!??!!

... like there have been no policy mistakes up to now... !!??!!

We have one major 'policy mistake' that has been going on for over 150 years ... the ‘policy’ really getting some traction about 105 years ago at Jekyl

The First Circuit Court affirmed last week without a doubt that government promises aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/this-tiny-corner-of-rhode-island-shows-us-the-future-of-social-security-22908/

the big picture trading

FX: stopped out at profit in all short USD and correlate trades. USD doing a nice ‘safe haven’ bounce (against ‘everything’ except CNH ??? some expert care to explain :confused:

fwiw, I have been entering incrementing size USDCNH longs at under 6.29 and plan to start sizing up and adding more at 6.27 and better...)

CL: Longs all hedged up

but fixin to roll CL... what dumbass shoulda ‘rolled’ by going flat and waiting for an entry in CLH9 instead of hedging up ?? ...

INDEX FUTURES... been up on the wheel trading tPAe and tiny time frames for days now... often quickly using Reverse button way before far away stops are approached... I’ve resisted temptations and have remained ‘almost careful’ on sizing... up sizing shorts throughout but surprisingly have managed not to ‘catch’ a bias virus...ie been bangin it long and short...even yesterday.

Been waiting a long time for this kind of action...

I’m LOVING these ‘good old days’ high volume, fat BA spreads, and 5-10 tick price changes - especially in NQ... but auctions should start to settle down a bit now...

UST: Still piling up shorts in bond futures on the big handles... which ever way handles are hit