Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

,,,just Sayin...

I just punched into the short side of a Long YM / Short NQ spread... just sayin' :roll eyes:

Will likely leg in and out of both sides a bit over the next 2 - 3 weeks...

We weed out the darnel from the corn and the unfit in war, but do not excuse evil men from the service of the state.

Antisthenes

(If time is off the essence, skip to 6:01 and run it at 1.5 speed to about 9:30)

Thank god for automation.

I was not up at 1:34 AM... and even if I was I would not be ‘frisky’ enough to do it right... or care about some stupid narrative coming out of china...

I’m just sayin’ :)

To damage the sovereignty of the individual is to replace a community inspired by love, benevolence, and beauty by another based solely on power.

Anwar Sadat [what an idiot! :)]

re: from 1/8/18

I just punched into the short side of a Long YM / Short NQ spread... just sayin' :roll eyes:

Will likely leg in and out of both sides a bit over the next 2 - 3 weeks...

exiting that long YM/short NQ position this morning.

It may have more to go, but I’m just plain done with switching to that account to leg in and out propitiously.

comment:

Folks, after a net of 30 years at this 'full time' I'm slowly backing out of this game. Even a year ago I would never allow myself to drop out of a position like that.

Oh well - To every thing there is a season... Plus wife wants us to bucket list more 'while we're still young' :roll eyes: etc etc

Also - Taking some profits off the top on the short dollar positions discussed a week or so ago....

have a great weekend all

is fighting 'fake news' actually a path to censoring?

YES!

Glenn Greenwald writes:

Yet, as many have long been warning, few people, if any, ever bothered to define what the term [fake news] actually means. As a result, it’s incredibly vague, shifting, and devoid of consistent meaning. Do any news articles that contain false, significant assertions qualify? Is there some intent requirement, and if so, what is it and how is determined (does recklessness qualify)? Can large mainstream outlets such as the Washington Post, Le Monde, and Globo be guilty of publishing “fake news” and thus subject to this censorship, or is it — as one expects — reserved only for small, independent blogs and outlets that lack a powerful corporate presence?

meanwhile FakeBook shareholders clearly prefer more fake news to less. :rofl:

Here’s something for all you who believe firearms should be illegal because an irresponsible minority misuses them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tide-pod-challenge-ingesting-detergent-risks/

I'm just sayin ... a world with without anything that could be dangerous in the hands of fools or sociopaths would have the look and feel of a maximum security psychiatric hospital.

I appreciate them posting... but have you ever sometimes wondered if you could take money if you faded all the daily trade 'recommendations' posted herein ?? .... I'm just wonderin...

:grin:

:helloooo:

meanwhile my post avg has crept signif above 1 per day... the oscillators are at record ob levels

Trade reviews:

BO trades in 8 x’s on USD ( and a few correlates) working well. As noted, lifted some already. Taking some more profits over next 24 hours. Letting ~60% of position ride... with trailing stops

Still adding shorts to treasuries near/on the handles ... btw either handle will do I add more if they go up and I add more if they go down :)

still trailing ‘hedge’ stop on CL longs ~ 2.5 handles below CLG18...

(... btw Malaysian Tapis > 70 usd https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts#prices )

And... If you want to see an example of the results of indolence in this game...

that long YM/short NQ did have more to go... and I got out... from laziness

... but did take ~650 per car on the base position and a bit more by legging in and out... now considering a long NQ / short YM spread for a few days...

How do you look at a world with fake money being dumped into it daily?

If it was good two days ago, I guess it's still good.

https://www.oftwominds.com/blogjan18/blowoff-top1-18.html

and... very high net longs in EUR... Flows? I'm looking to fade it.

plus unprecedented record high spec net longs in oil ... concerned yet?

TL used to be a 'laboratory' for traders... now traders are the lab rats subject to diabolical 'experiments'... just sayin'

“Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door.” – Grateful Dead

Edited by zdo
add more

[quote name=zdo;209181comment:

Folks' date=' after a net of 30 years at this 'full time' I'm slowly backing out of this game. Even a year ago I would never allow myself to drop out of a position like that.

Oh well - To every thing there is a season... Plus wife wants us to bucket list more 'while we're still young' :roll eyes: etc etc

[/quote]

I chose to stick my head up...once again. In my world (on the river) we (I) recognize the insanity of perfection... that's my sole comment on the state of things...some will get it...some won't...and that's fine.

If I were to offer up any advice to anyone, it would be to become "Spartan" in your thinking...

30 years is a long time to be doing anything (salute). I've been at it 8 years and I question the path. But... I'm still here...and still good.

It's a whacky assed world we live in, and I don't expect it to change (honestly...I'm fine with it), Dumb fucking humans, doing the same dumb fucking things: over and over again. Such is life...

To have seen 30 years... Salute!

I chose to stick my head up...once again. ...

To have seen 30 years... Salute!

jpmoneybags,

Thanks. 30 + years of watching 'markets' and trading has been enlightening and has offered many challenges.

(Actually I took a 2 year sabbatical for my young family in the early 90's, always took June off for the kids until they were grown and gone, for the last few years have bumped my away time to 6 weeks instead of 4 - and my current plans are to push that to a net of 3 to 4 months away from it per year ... ie it has never been an unending nose grindstone )

:) I just remembered how you projected sex toy on a vibration device I use for prehab. Just got one of these.

https://www.ivibration-pro.com/product-page/ivibration-pro

it too is NOT a sex toy ... but

odds are still good you'll be posting something about how perv can use it setually :rofl:

Don’t be alarmed - it’s only me recycling my negative outlook for the EU

Over the Next Year, Germany Will Hit a Scary Demographic Milestone

the ‘solution’ implemented by the centralized state will not work - period

https://gefira.org/en/2018/01/17/euro-a-disaster-failed-monetary-unions-past-and-present/

and...the ‘centralized solution’ of importing ‘refugees’ from countries the ‘US’ has ravaged and plundered will not work.... economically or socially. The Muslims will not assimilate. That is too much against their religion. Assimilating leads to honor killing by relatives.

now before you go thinking I hate muslims check this -

Winston Churchill said

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world...

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

I agree. I'm convinced the most evil individuals on this planet are definitely not muslims. The high face card individuals in the current deck are technoNWO agnostics, fake ‘christians’ and fake ‘jews’ ...but - with the possible exception of haitian (d)evil - no darker, repressive, fear based religion exists than 'Mohammedanism'.

If people base their identity on identifying with authority, freedom causes anxiety. They must then conceal the victim in themselves by resorting to violence against others.

Arno Gruen

...a distorted development of autonomy is the root cause of the pathological and, ultimately, evil element in human beings.

Arno Gruen

‘real muzlims kill sufis’ :(

... that should reveal enough ... unless you are totally clueless ... I’m just sayin

Edited by zdo

Gawd damn...so glad that I chose to stick my head up.:rofl:

Wasn't Churchill a Jew hater too? Wait...wait...doesn't everybody hate Jews (something I can't wrap my mind around)?

Silliness abounds...back to the river...all ya all presume too much: "Beware the ills of perfection".

re:

Wait...wait...doesn't everybody hate Jews (something I can't wrap my mind around)?

everyone does not hate real jews! they just don't like them. :rofl::rofl:

then there's the kind of inbred psycopathy jue that has zero resemblance to an authentic jew

everyone' does hate that kind...

https://tomluongo.me/2018/01/17/perverse-incentives-and-the-rise-of-crypto/

Real Jews... fake Jews. Real news...fake news...even worse; alternate facts...

Silliness (of a man's simple mind) abounds... live like a fish.

Edit: Roughly 75% of the world is water...some get it...some don't...

Edit again: Eventually, some 7 year old child will yank on a barbed hook in your jaw...you may be tossed back; or...skinned, cooked, and eaten; or...you may go belly up from age. Regardless...it is what it is.

Edit again...twice: That 7 year old may brag about the catch, have you stuffed, and hang you on the wall...though your image, and your greatness may live on...you're still a dead fish. It is what it is...

Edited by jpennybags