Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

vladtitov151

10 Rules to Successfully Read Stock.

THE 10 COMMANDMENT FOR TRADING STOCK.

Rule No.1: Always Use a Trading Plan

Rule No.2: Treat Trading Like a Business

Rule No.3: Use Technology to Your Advantage

Rule No.4: Protect Your Trading Capital

Rule No.5: Become a Student of the Markets

Rule No.6: Risk Only What You Can Afford to Lose

Rule No.7: Develop a Trading Methodology Based on Facts

Rule No.8: Always Use a Stop Loss

Rule No.9: Know When to Stop Trading

Rule No.10: Keep Trading in Perspective

Understanding the importance of each or these trading rules, and how they work together, can help traders establish a viable trading business. Trading is hard work, and traders who have the discipline and patience to follow these rules can increase their odds of success in a very competitive arena.

Happy Trading Fellas

Trading the stock market is by far one of the easiest ways to create serious wealth and is accessible to anyone no matter where you are in the world. When you learn to trade the stock market, you are able to directly benefit from massive amounts of money it makes available to you everyday.

Most people who are interested in learning how to become profitable traders need only spend a few minutes online before reading such phrases as "plan your trade; trade your plan" and "keep your losses to a minimum." For new traders, these tidbits of information can seem more like a distraction than any actionable advice. New traders often just want to know how to set up their charts so they can hurry up and make money.

To be successful in trading, however, one needs to understand the importance of and adhere to a set of rules that have guided all types of traders, with a variety of trading account sizes. Each rule alone is important, but when they work together the effects are strong. Trading with these rules can greatly increase the odds of succeeding in the markets.

Thank you for such a brilliant write up. It was refreshing while i was reading. About the newbies, that is an obvious mistake they all make. I made that mistake myself and i paid heavily for it. Please, if you may, write something about the common mistakes newbies make. It will be helpful, we have quite a lot here.

On 11.08.2016 at 10:15 AM, JoelDarr said:

I like the advice, however I don't really understand what you mean by number 10: trading in perspective. Could you clarify this a bit?

I guess he means always to trade because it's really profitably even if you suffer loses right now. 

On 4/8/2016 at 9:02 AM, vladtitov151 said:

THE 10 COMMANDMENT FOR TRADING STOCK.

Rule No.1: Always Use a Trading Plan

Rule No.2: Treat Trading Like a Business

Rule No.3: Use Technology to Your Advantage

Rule No.4: Protect Your Trading Capital

Rule No.5: Become a Student of the Markets

Rule No.6: Risk Only What You Can Afford to Lose

Rule No.7: Develop a Trading Methodology Based on Facts

Rule No.8: Always Use a Stop Loss

Rule No.9: Know When to Stop Trading

Rule No.10: Keep Trading in Perspective

Understanding the importance of each or these trading rules, and how they work together, can help traders establish a viable trading business. Trading is hard work, and traders who have the discipline and patience to follow these rules can increase their odds of success in a very competitive arena.

Happy Trading Fellas

Relevant and accurate appreciation. Thanks for sharing.

Stock trading is less risky than the forex trading but it has slow returns due to less liquidity. If you are a patient and long-term trader then stocks are the best option for you to trade in. Am I right in this regard? Stay blessed stock lovers!

On 22/06/2018 at 2:30 PM, Donald said:

What do you mean by a journal? I'm not sure how I could make decisions off of pure numbers on a paper.

What I've learned so far that you really should have a record of what you've done on the market. Not necessary every position and detail, but the outcome, mindset and the triggers of your actions. This way you can examine your motivation behind following a plan or a gut feeling etc. This way you won't only have numbers, but the documentation of what was going on in your mind while you made a given trade.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, Eavoldisely said:

Stock trading is less risky than the forex trading but it has slow returns due to less liquidity. If you are a patient and long-term trader then stocks are the best option for you to trade in. Am I right in this regard? Stay blessed stock lovers!

I can agree with you on that one. Altho I'd recommend learning on fx, because you can see the outcome of your decisions faster. Also if you get used to a fast market, a slower one should be easier. But once live you can choose between the two of course.

Top 10 Rules for Successful Trading
  • Always follow a trading plan.
  • Keep on learning.
  • Don't let your losses compound.
  • Master one strategy at a time.
  • Be emotionless.
  • Do not overtrade.
  • Prepare an exit strategy.
  • Never chase the market.
  • Be an informed trader
  • Do more, analyze less