Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dbelov275

Saving or Investing in Stock

which of these two will you consider better, considering that you may lose you money in the stock market because of its volatility. will you rather save your money in the bank or invest it in the stock market?

It is depending on your risk tolerant level. but first, i have to ask you, how much and how long how you willing to stay without this money? i mean can you survive without going back to this money assuming you saved it?

well, i have about 50k that i do not intend to use for at least for a year or two. it took me all my life till this moment to gather up that amount, and i don't think i want to lose it. that all i can say about my level of risk tolerant.

Okay then, i would have recommended you invest the money in the stock market if you had no plan for making the money liquid. The stock market is perfect when you are willing to invest over a long period of time like 5 to 10 years or even more.

Of course, just like every investment, there are risks. so i wouldn't say it is risk free or guarantee you any sort of profit. However, the probability of losing when you invest over a period of 5years or more is very minimal. I would recommend that for everybody, but i won't guarantee any gain. your choice now.

Today is a difficult time to answer this. On the one hand, there are obviously huge discounts after Brexit. On the other hand, we are in a 7 years bull market, which puts us in quite a risk of trend turnover. Overall I'd suggest investing in some short-term stocks, but be ready to pull off anytime.