Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

Oil Bullish or Bearish

What do you see Oil in next 3 months ? Bullish or Bearish ? Is Oil really heading towards 20 $ a barrel as major research firms of the world predict.

Your view please.

mohsinqureshii rip

pc speak =

“After previous two weeks’ rather high inventory numbers (7.8M) we should see the inventories at 3.1M level. However, the actual numbers have lately deviated quite strongly from the analyst expectations.”

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/18606-daily-analysis-43.html#post201696

interpretation of the pc speak = “we’re trying to help talk these inventory numbers down… but the freakn tanks are filling up and running over…”

...close to B.E. on long scale trade (previously discussed in the Gold Bullish or Bearish thread)

REGARDLESS - will be 'hedging' up aggressively on short side over the next couple of weeks...

I’m not always right... but when I’m wrong, I’m still right ;)

(ps it's not apparent, but you can accurately project humility here... not hubris)

:cool:

As noted earlier, have been building a long scale trade in far far out CL futures... in the green now...

Planning to start more heavily locking it in with shorts on closer month contracts on approaches to ~46...

...will still build this scale trade for a couple more years ...

planning to add to it all the way down into the low teens...

:roll eyes:

btw - scale trades hog up capital

and

:helloooo:

take a long time ...

:missy:

not in my wheel house really...

.. position.all 'hedged' up at 46...

btw stops on the hedge arrayed from + 47 to +52

was tempted to take profits and be done with this trade... will stick with plan though...

Crude oil is the new widow maker. It trades heavier than a wet dawg in a New York thunderstorm. Rallies have no legs and its seems the only bid these days are the shorts with their family jewels caught in a vice grip.

Fwiw I’m still in this same long scale trade.

Same plan. Have capital allocated for a ‘crash’ in energy prices... which may never happen...:missy:

fwiw - On many levels this is a peak technology / peak infrastructure play more than it is a peak supply or peak production play . Most would equate technology / infrastructure with production. In this case, I think it's better to seg them out...

Getting exasperated with rolling it every quarter - but hey, that’s scale trading...

'Hedging' tactics have changed since last post from selected / fixed level using stops underneath to overboughts using 'limit's above... but already looking at cycles for when to shift tactics back to fixed level / stops underneath ...

Average net long price is down to ~ 34 - after 'successfully' trading/ (hedging and lifting) 7 of the last 4 :confused: :rofl: good downdrafts using close month contracts.

Back to work...

to ‘hedge’ CLV18 longs, incrementing trailing stop .10 -.30 per day with CLG18 contracts. Currently they trail about 2.50 under yesterday’s CLG18 lows ...

the current 'joke' around here is what how much smaller, unleveraged positions in btc have absolutely kicked this position's ass the whole way through...

:roll eyes:

:missy:

:)

crammed most trailing stops to just under this weeks CLG18 low ... to ‘hedge’ CLV18 longs

(starting to 'imagine' an exit to this trade and starting to build a short scale trade in CL - but don't know yet when or where I would begin... summerish? mid 70's ish???.

just my imagination :doh: :)

... CL "doesn't even know me"... time to do some cycle and resonance work...)

How many currencies are, in effect, mere derivatives of the USD?

For example, the new petroyuan - (beyond being some corrupt chinese exchange startup entrepreneurs’ wet dreams,) meaningless until they take off the peg to the dollar.

Wars and rumors of wars... and... fiats and rumors of fiats...

‘Somebody’ wants 90 to 100 barrel... but

I’m moving my hedge stops up under this run in CL ... these recent up waves appear corrective, ie not impulsive, to me...

Edited by zdo