Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Nick1984

What music do you listen to when you're trading?

haha, Rage Against The Machine for trading is an interesting idea.

If anyone likes 90s music certainly check out Dolores O'riordan's new album that was mentioned above, its fantastic.

For some agressive trance check out X-dream's album Radio. Thats my all time fav trance album but i dont think i could listen to that while trading.

For trading i would go with classical too. Favs are any solo piano stuff by Debussy, Liszt or Chopin. Beyond that anything by Stravinsky.

If you like piano stuff check out this insane Chopin/Liszt improv by Cziffra i found the other day. I would love to learn piano but seeing stuff like this just scares me.

I used to play piano. Played piano for many years and used to play stuff by Rachmaninov (I have really big hands) Chopin etc. but I don't know why I just lost interest in it and I havent touched the piano in a few years. I don't fully regret it yet but I think I'll get on it again in the future.

Guest cooter

Phish and Jay-Z onstage live is my jam of the day:

Enjoy!

I love this song when I feel that I'm loosing control of my emotions and I need to remember to keep it simple:

Please note there is some swearing in this clip so if you're offended by the F word dont watch this. That being said its a great song with a great beat and nice overall message which in terms of trading I use to help me keep is simple.

I start off the day listening to What you know - TI

It gets me ready to go, for some reason. That song makes me think of NYC, and that in turn makes me think of being a successful trader. Weird, I know.

My goal is to live in NYC and be a successful trader.

Sorry, had to post AIC separateley because they deserve it.

But I like Stone Temple Pilots (mostly the older stuff, not a huge fan of the newer stuff but I still like it) and like Soul Trader mentioned....lounge and jazz BIG TIME.

I don't listen to music when I do my research (I think I have ADD or something) but I crank the music in my gym at home and in my office when I am just goofing off.

Sorry, had to post AIC separateley because they deserve it.

But I like Stone Temple Pilots (mostly the older stuff, not a huge fan of the newer stuff but I still like it) and like Soul Trader mentioned....lounge and jazz BIG TIME.

I don't listen to music when I do my research (I think I have ADD or something) but I crank the music in my gym at home and in my office when I am just goofing off.

Nice dog there Reaver... I always wanted a monkey as a pet... not easy to get... cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter. He is much bigger now...he's a good dog. Yeah a monkey would be pretty cool, but it would probably freak me out if I got up at night to pee and there was a humanoid figure in my hallway.

I'm just high strung like that.

Vivaldi Baroque has been known to activate both sides of the brain something that could be very useful in trading. They are using his music in accelerated Language Learning courses.

imusic is pretty cool...basically overlays frequencies onto regular music to stimulate certain brainwave activity....brainwave entrainment...

I got their Peak Read and Brain Amp...and was satisfied.

Has anyone listened to the new Radiohead album? I've only just started propperly listening to Radiohead. It's a great band I reckon. Very laid back prog rock.

My wife said she is going to pick it up this weekend, so I look forward to checking it out.