Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hello to all!

Let me introduce one of the indicator I developed for NinjaTrader.

It works nice for trading futures market, but I think it will be also great for stocks.

I will not give full explain about it. Just what I can show you right now:

Red dots on chart - enter short on bar close

Green dots on chart - enter long on bar close.

The indicator code is very simple, but using some interesting tips. It also can be re-writed for any platform.

I wrote this indicator for scalping on 5min charts, but it also works nice with higher TF like 60m on 240m and Daily chart.

Oil 6fa808e797845d382dcb1f431475b494.png

S&P 14d2aa11f93e675cadec7855d9787a4a.png

S&P 80bf74f14540543ddfa060496e28c24a.png

NASDAQ e50977b4e59c37a3c4e19c0c2f4955a8.png

I want to know your opinion about this enter points and answer one more question: Do you want this indicator in your arsenal?

Thanks!

This can't be considered a valuable tool for scalping... because you are not scalping. Further; any scalper worth his / her salt can tell you that you are missing the most productive trades of the day. Just looking at the charts you've posted that is obvious.

I would say, that if you desire to program an indicator for the purpose of scalping... you need to start over, and go with a faster chart than the 5M (try tick or volume charts).

This can't be considered a valuable tool for scalping... because you are not scalping. Further; any scalper worth his / her salt can tell you that you are missing the most productive trades of the day. Just looking at the charts you've posted that is obvious.

I would say, that if you desire to program an indicator for the purpose of scalping... you need to start over, and go with a faster chart than the 5M (try tick or volume charts).

The model I'm using can be also applied on any timeframe - I told this in the start post.

About "productive trades of the day" - for each trader it's own enter points and best opportunities. And I don't think that all the traders must trade the same way and enter in all of the methods. I think that founding something interesting or new is more usefull for today's trading.

Thanks for your comment!

I downloaded and installed your code from this thread.

It is fabulous. No full explanation is needed.

Best free code on the market - at any price!

Thx.

:roll eyes:

I downloaded and installed your code from this thread.

It is fabulous. No full explanation is needed.

Best free code on the market - at any price!

Thx.

:roll eyes:

I'm very interested how could you download this code if I didn't upload it on the site. Very funny :)

To all who read this topic: i will not give the code or indicator for all of you. I will give the main idea and how to get those enter points to all people a little bit later. I really want to know opinions about those screenshots, your thoughts, your mind...

Huge thanks from my team and me to man, who answered this topic and told that we need to check tick timeframe - we didn't tried to check this TF before on this indicator, and we found that it's very usefull - it shows amazing results in real-time tests! Please, write me in PM - we really can develop amazing thing for us!

Have a nice weeked for all! Merry Christmas, guys!

The model I'm using can be also applied on any timeframe - I told this in the start post.

About "productive trades of the day" - for each trader it's own enter points and best opportunities. And I don't think that all the traders must trade the same way and enter in all of the methods. I think that founding something interesting or new is more usefull for today's trading.

Thanks for your comment!

Yevhen...

Actually, you didn't make the statement that the indicator could be applied to "any" timeframe. You mentioned one other timeframe that the indicator works well on (just for the record).

Actually, I would like to change what I said. In several instances you have indicated the most productive trades of the day (I might add that your entries are far more crisp than anything that my methods would have captured...that's impressive... because I'm good at what I do (I am impressed).

I bristle just a bit at using indicators for scalping, because all that I've seen either produce too many false signals, or they don't produce enough signals (trades are missed).

That's why I don't use indicators...

As a point of reference... zdo has said some kind words here, and I do respect the guy. As it stands... I have no interest in the indicator... because, I can do better without it.

If it pleases you, and if you would like, please work with the indicator in faster timeframes. Post it... I and others (scalpers) may see the light that you have envisioned.

Yevhen...

Actually, you didn't make the statement that the indicator could be applied to "any" timeframe. You mentioned one other timeframe that the indicator works well on (just for the record).

Actually, I would like to change what I said. In several instances you have indicated the most productive trades of the day (I might add that your entries are far more crisp than anything that my methods would have captured...that's impressive... because I'm good at what I do (I am impressed).

I bristle just a bit at using indicators for scalping, because all that I've seen either produce too many false signals, or they don't produce enough signals (trades are missed).

That's why I don't use indicators...

As a point of reference... zdo has said some kind words here, and I do respect the guy. As it stands... I have no interest in the indicator... because, I can do better without it.

If it pleases you, and if you would like, please work with the indicator in faster timeframes. Post it... I and others (scalpers) may see the light that you have envisioned.

Here is the screen of end of the day of S&P for today on 150Tick Timeframe

608ea182c49a8921465d1a34c9c0e944.png

And here is 1M timeframe:

99a1a1055e7ce18717d830cfe6af9054.png

I'm not saing that this is a graal or something like this, but I have some interesting signals from my own indicator and I want to improve it and share with other. But before share I need to know that everyone are intrested in it or we can improve it together.

I started to create my own indicators because I know that all indicators that we have right now in standart versions - they all are not usefull - they shows signals very late. And that's the reason why I started to develop my own things. My concepts to develop the indicator are:

- very simple in calculations

- the less settings we have - the better

- indicator must calcultae current situation on market

- indicator must not be re-calculated

And this principles are shown in this little version of my theory. I hope we understand each other. If you want to discuss it more - we can call on skype and talk about it! It will be very pleasent to me.

Regards.

Yevhen....

I would have to look at the 150T ES chart in more detail, but color me impressed. As I don't have any coding experience I would be of no help in that regard, but possibly I can plant some seeds in your brain from a scalpers perspective. I'll PM you with an email address, and if you would like we can talk further.

Nice work, man... you've impressed a die-hard price action trader. I didn't see that coming... cool, you've made my day.

re “zdo has said some kind words here”

jpennyb, my words were sarcastic - not kind.

To clarify -

I find nothing wrong with the concepts themselves... Have backtested stuff like this until the cows came home. ...and

I have nothing at all against vendors either. I wish them all the best.

However, running Golden C promotions on the Coding Forum sub forum crosses a forum ethics line. This Coding Forum sub forum is only for those who are sharing code with everyone. clearly not what he is doing ... in his own words

To all who read this topic: i will not give the code or indicator for all of you. I will give the main idea and how to get those enter points to all people a little bit later.

he continues

I really want to know opinions about those screenshots, your thoughts, your mind...
This means the topic should have been started in the Technical Analysis sub forum ... and this conversation should be moved there now ... (more traffic there btw :))

From there, an appropriate transition to the Commercial Content sub forum could be made for “how to get those enter points to all people a little bit later”

... or this could get “very funny” - NOT!

re “zdo has said some kind words here”

jpennyb, my words were sarcastic - not kind.

To clarify -

I find nothing wrong with the concepts themselves... Have backtested stuff like this until the cows came home. ...and

I have nothing at all against vendors either. I wish them all the best.

However, running Golden C promotions on the Coding Forum sub forum crosses a forum ethics line. This Coding Forum sub forum is only for those who are sharing code with everyone. clearly not what he is doing ... in his own words

he continues This means the topic should have been started in the Technical Analysis sub forum ... and this conversation should be moved there now ... (more traffic there btw :))

From there, an appropriate transition to the Commercial Content sub forum could be made for “how to get those enter points to all people a little bit later”

... or this could get “very funny” - NOT!

I see no reason to give first version of indicator, cause it's only testing. And if somebody wants to help me - I'll be glad and also will share the indicator here in this topic after it will be ready to work!

I see no reason to give first version of indicator, cause it's only testing. And if somebody wants to help me - I'll be glad and also will share the indicator here in this topic after it will be ready to work!

I understand... and ...

I do see a reason.

Reason: (perceived) golden C / vendor abuses start fights, etc etc and run a surprising number of users off from trading forums like TL,... and traffic on TL is currently ‘sub optimal’... putting it nicely/to say the least...

btw if you didn’t have a golden C accompanying your posts’ contents and phrasing, I wouldn’t have said a word.

... YevhenShynkarenko, not after you personally at all... hope you find something profitable...

Let’s keep it simple -

If you post code in this sub forum (and ask for help in developing it (or not)) - that’s fine.

If you don’t post code - then get out Easy for you to move the whole conversation to the Technical Analysis sub forum

Wishing you all the best,

zdo