Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Axiom

Is There Any Company That Sells Actual Charts, Not Digital

I'm not a big fan of analysis on the computer. I do all my charting by hand and I'm looking to upgrade my current routine.

What I'm looking for is a company that will send a real paper chart to you. I'd like to buy charts in the 3 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc. from the beginning of a few markets. My charts only go back a little over a year, and while it is very efficient for my needs, I really hate having to do analysis from before that while on the computer.

Yes, I understand that what I'm asking for would be a huge piece of paper. That is what is needed. I figure that if all the data is out there and already graphed, why not just print it out, but in a professional manner.

I suppose the market for such items is probably very small....I've searched a little, with no luck. Maybe just a nod in the right direction.

Thank you.

Let me add this.

The charts do not have to be super technical, I wouldn't HAVE to have my different oscillators on there I suppose. Just the price data in a simple OHLC.

Looks like I may have to call TradeStation.

I have an old friend who also has long favored / does best with simple, large paper charts. After years of doing it by hand on graph paper, he bought an 'old' / used plotter from a local engineering firm and had a programmer write code that programmically adds each day’s plot to his ~ 48” X 36” paper chart... cool ... hth

There are many companies that sell the historical data compiled in a spreadsheet. I find it hard to imagine that a company would find a business model in supplying paper copies.

As zdo has suggested picking up a large plotter from an engineering or architectural firm may be possible, but most firms paper plotting requirements are for large laser printers... gets kind of pricey at the sheet size you would require. You may be able to stumble across an ancient thermal printer, but I doubt it.

Sorry... no help what-so-ever.

It is as I assumed.

If I had to manually enter all the historical data it would just take too much time. Really, it's not a big deal. I suppose I'll set aside some time in the future to tend to this.

Axiom