Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

CR7_Freak

Is Bitcoin a Better Investment Than Gold?

freak,

That is the best Forex article ever published on TL. Thanks a lot.

actually neither gold nor btc are investment vehicles...

as trades

bitcoin is easier... btc is essentially a digital bearer bond.

over the next few years - btc has more upside potential in terms of USD - and also way more downside potential

ie btc offers a better variance trading opportunity... gold offers a better safety opportunity.

jmo

Functions of money:

1. Medium of exchange;

2. Unit of account: Money is the common standard for measuring relative worth of goods and service;

3. Store of value.

Through history, several forms of currency were used (salt, rocks, shells, etc.), but only silver and gold were able to simultaneously and for long periods of time perform the function number 3.

(first - reiterating that gold is not an investment...

and that bitcoin is a trade not an investment - unless you're mining properly,

etc, etc etc)

... anyways, here's an interesting consumer level tube re btc (best run at 1.5 speed btw)

https://youtu.be/91oot6hKbx4

We can conclude some better answer to this question : "Is Bitcoin a Better Investment Than Gold?" if we go through the past five year charts of both these commodities.

We can conclude some better answer to this question : "Is Bitcoin a Better Investment Than Gold?" if we go through the past five year charts of both these commodities.

aim, if you parrot fake narratives you most likely believe false narratives... (just sayin...)

Again - Neither one of them has been a "investment"... ie

I "go through" the charts and still conclude that btc has been a better trading instrument than gold over the "past five years"... not a better "investment". Neither one of them has been a fkn "investment"...

otoh, folks

aimhi er and Buy

BuyBy

btw

Cryptocurrencies do not have ANY limits on supply.

The individual chain's are not secure.

The chain's are not unhackable.

and ... btc,etc is easier to manipulate than the yen, or yuan, or dollar, or peso, or pound

etc... ie

they (all) become cryto's

so far for me the best play is trade old crypto's (before they (all) become cryto's)

for new crypto's ...

Can Social media for3cast the foochur ?

aim, if you parrot fake narratives you most likely believe false narratives... (just sayin...)

Again - Neither one of them has been a "investment"... ie

I "go through" the charts and still conclude that btc has been a better trading instrument than gold over the "past five years"... not a better "investment". Neither one of them has been a fkn "investment"...

otoh, folks

aimhi er and Buy

BuyBy

btw

Cryptocurrencies do not have ANY limits on supply.

The individual chain's are not secure.

The chain's are not unhackable.

and ... btc,etc is easier to manipulate than the yen, or yuan, or dollar, or peso, or pound

etc... ie

they (all) become cryto's

so far for me the best play is trade old crypto's (before they (all) become cryto's)

for new crypto's ...

Can Social media for3cast the foochur ?

Looool man any HYIP or cryptobubble overshadows traditional regulated instruments in terms of return. The point is they can't be considered instruments because using it to make a killing shot to your head has absolutely no sense.

Looool man any HYIP or cryptobubble overshadows traditional regulated instruments in terms of return. The point is they can't be considered instruments because using it to make a killing shot to your head has absolutely no sense.

fxe, you're making less sense than zdo... got a few minutes to rephrase that jewel of a post?

:)

fxe, you're making less sense than zdo... got a few minutes to rephrase that jewel of a post?

:)

Yeah I sure :)

What I mean is

there is a big pitfall when seeing monthly return is 20, 30 100%, people stubbornly don't want to take into consideration risk. We are all doomed to fight with our installed by default light-headedness.

What I mean is

there is a big pitfall when seeing monthly return is 20, 30 100%, people stubbornly don't want to take into consideration risk. We are all doomed to fight with our installed by default light-headedness.

bad class project...

A trader’s cryptocurrency portf. is up over 1200 % this year to date. It’s unleveraged.

His automated FX trading is up 60% this year to date. It’s leveraged 50:1. Margin used for the account this year has run from 0.5 to 16% of NAV .

Capital gains are the primary goals of these accounts ie

Safety and security goals are relatively low for both ‘accounts’ ie willing to lose it all in the crypto trading... and willing to lose 60% of capital in FX trading

Which was the better ‘trade’ ?

If you were starting up, how would you allocate your capital between these two ‘trades’ ?

What critical information was not discussed in the above cases?

CryptoCurrencyChart - Custom Chart

bad class project...

A trader’s cryptocurrency portf. is up over 1200 % this year to date. It’s unleveraged.

His automated FX trading is up 60% this year to date. It’s leveraged 50:1. Margin used for the account this year has run from 0.5 to 16% of NAV .

Capital gains are the primary goals of these accounts ie

Safety and security goals are relatively low for both ‘accounts’ ie willing to lose it all in the crypto trading... and willing to lose 60% of capital in FX trading

Which was the better ‘trade’ ?

If you were starting up, how would you allocate your capital between these two ‘trades’ ?

What critical information was not discussed in the above cases?

CryptoCurrencyChart - Custom Chart

And again...

1200%, 10000% 100K% profit on portfolio this year, this all like winning a lottery. He just caught the wave. That's it. What I mean this portfolio gains was single experiment carried out which you can't repeat (so measure statistically) to say what is his results on distance. Building serious portfolio solely on people rush and greed is crazy.

With same success..

Parse information on all High Yield Investment programs (HYIPS), build distribution find average of their life (10, 20 30 days) and you can consider it similar investment opportunity. Its also built solely on people interest to become rich.

In my opinion, the thread starter might have got his answer and hats off to those who bought bitcoin in the last few months as it is around 7000usd now. I am also trading in on my hotforex broker and i am in profit on my longs, i didn't shorted it because i think it still have a bullish pattern and we can go further on long terms.

It’s often worthwhile to look at things from an ‘energy’ (cost) perspective ...

https://srsroccoreport.com/bitcoin-vs-gold-which-ones-a-bubble-how-much-energy-do-they-really-consume/

Especially when in Russia 1 KWt costs around 1 cent. And its tariffs for citizen for factories it's even cheaper.

Maintaining bitcoin facilities or mining is not a problem from the standpoint of energy costs. At least till we have coal electricity stations

In my opinion mining is not any feasible option these days however we better can earn good returns on our investment by trading bitcoins against USD or EUR.

Could you suggest any brokers that accept bitcoin deposits and offer mirror contracts on BTCUSD (no actual bitcoin holdings).

Thanks.