Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Gamera

Testing Times.

Actions for the 4th.  Not much in the way of notes, once price cleared the overnight high I thought it was likely price would head for the weekly high before it did anything else, ended up doing the opposite of what I thought.

nq040520181min.png

1 hour ago, zdo said:

thanks g

does feb 14 through ~ mar 8 have any signif to you?

z,

At the time I was aware that the volume was high and the movements intraday were big and that I thought it was likely price would recover back to the high.  I'm probably missing something but the 14th showed strength recovering above the MP of the drop, the kick near the high was not a huge surprise given a lot of eyes would have been focused on that level.  There were a few pauses and a little backfill in the rally but that's often what rallies do.  Its not so significant now as that area has been swallowed by the highs, lows and possible channel but at the time it was all pointing towards recovery of the drop.

nq05052018notes.png

Been on a break and had some time think about some of the issues behind my results... or lack of, things might look a little messy going forward as I try to figure some things out. 

Prep and actions for the 30th.

nq300520181min.png

Actions for the 4th.  Missed the open then waited for a clear sign of rejection of resistance or a BO of the morning highs.

nq040620181min.png

Edited by Gamera

Actions for the 19th.  Missed the opening again, I missed the best opportunities coming off the lows due to lack of attention, getting tangled in trades at the MP was a little amateur given my low pain threshold for adverse movement. 

nq190620181min.png

Actions for the 20th.  Volume seemed high and price was choppy, trade 1 was a little weak as I knew at the time PA was a ducking and diving.  I quickly found myself getting flustered in trade 2 as it showed no sign of following through almost as soon as it triggered.

As for the notes, its nothing new that volume spikes or surges can telegraph turning points as interested parties make their moves, I'm struggling to act on it and pick it out when volume is high (first hour today).  It only seems to work well when I pass on it or if I look at a chart in hindsight.

nq200620181min.png

nq20062018notes.png