Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

One Strange Kat

I Am One Strange Kat

It is about time. The deep end of the pool is calling my name. I have done much of the work to drown proof myself, but one really does not know if he will survive until he makes the plunge into the deep water, deep enough that you can not feel the bottom and have to work to tread water.

This is where I am. Having read Wyckoff and DB Phoenix's interpretation of Wyckoff, I am jumping in with both feet. My focus will be not necessarily be on intraday trading, but understand the value of such trades to put some money in the bank. Lets face it, this is part of the journaling process, no? I think I am more tuned to be a swing trader, than intraday, but I am open to the possibility of being challenged to think differently.

I have spent roughly six months observing markets, primarily, the indexes, but some stocks and etf's too. Price is price is price. Markets move and the basic tenets of price movement is evident in any market you look at. I realize that there are some differences in the details, but generally speaking, price behaves the same over markets, because we are really observing human nature without words. I hope price will speak to me and allow me to understand its journey whether it be an individual futures contract, stock, bond, or etfs.

Let the journey (and the journal begin)...

Do I know you?

Edited by DbPhoenix

Do I know you?

Short answer: No

Long answer:

I stumbled onto this site a year or so ago. I read through what you have archived here along with the pdf's posted. Saw that last week you started the intraday 2 thread and figured it was time for me to get off my assets and start a journal. I have not had a trading journal before, because I have not traded before (unless you call throwing cash into an IRA trading).

Do you intend to apply the SLA or develop a trading plan of your own?

Edited by DbPhoenix

If I may wax philosophical for a moment. Can anyone actually apply a trading plan of someone else as their own? Should a trading plan outline not only the strategy for trading, but also address type of trader, use of leverage, stop loss, ones own "eye to the market?," etc.

So I'd answer you this way, my desire is to make the straight line approach, my philosophical foundation for a trading plan. It makes sense in my mind any way.

The SLA as written is a template. The trader must yet make some decisions on his own, such as what constitutes a "break".

Edited by DbPhoenix

If I may wax philosophical for a moment. Can anyone actually apply a trading plan of someone else as their own? Should a trading plan outline not only the strategy for trading, but also address type of trader, use of leverage, stop loss, ones own "eye to the market?," etc.

So I'd answer you this way, my desire is to make the straight line approach, my philosophical foundation for a trading plan. It makes sense in my mind any way.

The SLA as written is a template. The trader must yet make some decisions on his own, such as what constitutes a "break".

From what I have seen... and I don't follow the DBP thing closely... the guy is laying out some really great instruction (it's good stuff... no doubt... and, it's free). You will find though, that one must make things their own. One can take this instruction anywhere you want "it" to go. These are principals (the beauty of it)... understand, and apply them as such that they are your own.

Why Cough,

I assume you are looking at a zone somewhere around the arrows on the daily chart, 4260-70 or so.

Actually, I looking from the high of 2/5/15 to the low of 2/8/15.

I would post a picture but I don't have enough posts.

Couple of limit downs hit this morning. So close was the first limit, I walked away from the break of the demand side of the range drawn.

Long now with a stop at break even plus costs.

Don't overlook the halfway level of that first upmove.

824b.thumb.png.a75eb06806927594b42d32aa84dec4c5.png

limits.png.06c4705cf5284628c4035f71dafa3d8f.png

Edited by DbPhoenix

Poorly managed on my part, out by stop a couple of minutes ago.

DBP- Thank you for posting your charts in the other thread. It was a Kenny Rodgers trade: ya gotta know when to hold em, know when fold em, I folded and walked away in the neighborhood of 9:30. Pup needed a run through the woods.

824c.thumb.png.8b91f981b3a5fbeec5b39c503f0247ac.png

Edited by One Strange Kat