Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

rory1978

Which Platform to Choose?

Hi all - I'm new here (so be gentle please).

I'm a decent programmer with C, php, asp & sql experience. I'm looking to start trading Forex with some online agents (currently using IG's API but want to branch out to other brokers, and quickly realising the APIs are all over the shop...). I believe (and *please* correct me if I'm wrong) - I can use pretty much any broker with Mt4 or Mt5?

I'm currently thinking of going down the MT4 route.

BUT...?

First off, I should say I use Linux (could run windows as a VM of course, but would prefer to keep to linux)

What about MT5 - I believe the language used for Mt5 is different, should I start with MT5 as (perhaps) Mt4 will become redundant?

I have found a lot of articles comparing Mt4 and Mt5 but what about Ninjatrader NT7?

I'm fairly happy I can pick up any of these languages and make it work, but I would prefer to start off with the best initial choice of system.

I would appreciate your advice... (thanks in advance)

For trading platform, i just recommend MT4. its more compact and have a lot of tools to improve our trading strategy. For broker, I recommend Liteforex, Mayzus, and Fxpro. These are best broker and have trusted credibility among traders

MetaTrader 4 is a platform, which was specifically designed for FX trading. As retail Forex is a relatively new industry, it did not have reliable third party software available until MetaTrader 4 appeared. These are just a few of the benefits of MetaTrader 4. One of its strongest selling points is its stability. You can really count on this platform. In addition to this, it is also supplied with a powerful set of mobile apps. These applications are available for nearly any type of operating system, including iOS, Android, and Windows. Needless to say, these mobile platforms are also very stable and powerful. The LMFX MT4 Platform gives you easy access to fast trade execution, deep liquidity and the highly intuitive, powerful interface that has made MetaTrader 4 the most popular trading platform in the world.

Choosing between the Hotforex Raw Spread and Premium accounts ultimately depends on your trading style, preferences, and goals. Here are some key differences between the two accounts to help you decide:

Raw Spread Account: The Raw Spread account offers tight spreads from 0.0 pips, but has a commission of $3.00 per lot round-turn. This account is ideal for traders who prioritize low spreads and are willing to pay a commission for this benefit.

Premium Account: The Premium account has no commission, but slightly higher spreads starting from 1.0 pip. This account is ideal for traders who prefer to avoid paying a commission and are willing to accept slightly higher spreads.