Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

eldad

Excuses

Hi,

Do I look for excuses why things don’t work as I would like? Or do I look for the reasons why it doesn’t work as I want and see what I can do to fix it, to make it work, to complete my quest,

If I need to be honest, I do look for excuses and I done it many time in the past, something in looking to whom send/throw the blame is very welcoming, it is not my fault ,

I done all as I could/should, it is above me,

To look for the real reason why things doesn't work, ask you to admit you're wrong, in order to look for better solution, but it isn't an easy job, I am wrong? No!! But I Am, and we all are wrong here and there,

Many times we hear: “Winners never make excuses”, and this is because they didn’t quite, they stay in the game and look for a way to get better, what do I do wrong? What I am not doing that I should?

Insanity according to Einstein is “Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”,

So where is my mistake? Where do I repeat myself and my action each time again? Why do I find myself not practicing trading? Why I don’t look for new trades, new form of work, what are my excuses? Most of the time they are repeating ones, from different experiences in life,

My biggest excuse now days is lack of faith, I don’t believe in myself, I don’t know yet why, once I read that successful people focused more on things they did accomplish than things they still going for, I did accomplish some things in my life till now, and I am more than aware of it that some of them did ask for real hard work and I done it, but still I have very little if any faith,

Dr Brett Steenbarger once wrote: “The belief in one’s own capacity to succeed is the single most important personality factor associated with athletic success” and this is what I lack,

So what to do? How can I start believe in myself? Do I need to chant mantras? See my photo and say you are the Man!! No, No, I need to practice I need to work harder I need to see and understand why I can do it, maybe to repeat it, same like a mantra, till I get it, won’t let any stop loss kill my faith, this is another thing I need understand what kills my faith and then fight this causes, I shouldn't let things affect me that way,

Unless I will truly work on believing I can do it, I will never take over the plateau I am facing now in trading, I will look for some professional help, something, anything, to solve it and move to the next step of my trading,

Make the odds in your favor DayTrade,

Eldad Nahmany.

#tobecomeadaytrading

Unless you have a thoroughly-tested and consistently-profitable trading plan AND the discipline to follow it, faith won't get you very far.

If you DO have such a plan, then you have to take however many steps backward are necessary to find the problem and fix it. That's the nature of becoming a successful trader.