Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

eldad

Discipline

Hi,

Today I would like to about Discipline but not the one that first pop to mind when we talk about stock market, respecting stops, trading just your setups and etc. no not this type of Discipline,

The type of discipline I would like to talk about is the one that will keep you working hard every day, keep you doing watching graphs, looking to learn new setups and keep on learning your craft,

We all know that success is 1% talent and 99% hard work, now to do this hard work you need discipline, you need to fight the urge to do nothing, to go and rest, to watch TV , to talk with a friend anything just not to the work,

The last week I saw the enlighten fact that my main problem now days in trading is the lack of discipline, I find it hard to do the work, to keep concentrated on my tasks, I am getting bored or impatient, the moment I sit I automatically start to think about anything else beside the task I need to do,

I don’t know if I am tired from the market or from some losing streak that I had, and this finds his way in my bad discipline, it might be the fact that I also have a second job, I don’t know I didn’t stop yet to do this task, and I need to ,

To become a better trader there is no short cuts, I need to practice I need to see graphs, I need to look for new entry triggers, I need to study and learn from my mistakes and success, and it is work, is not just open the system, trade during the day and bye, No

In more than a way the fact that it is an endless work have some depressive effect on me, I thought it is something I will need to learn and then I have it like riding a bike, but NO, in any field if you really want to get better you can never stop learning and developing once you stop, you are out,

For this reason I will need to fight myself once again, I will build a new daily routine and some new daily laws to check my work, so I will know I am doing what I need to do, mainly my first thought is to make a weekly plan so each day I know what I need to do, at each time, it doesn’t need to be a Spartan one where you have no fun, but it need to be detailed and with clear tasks,

So back on the hard work, and next week to give it a first push I will be doing a 10 days Vipassana course, so no new posts till June 18,

Wish you all the best

Make the odds in your favor Day Trade.

Eldad Nahmany

#ToBecomeADayTrader