Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

World Problems

I am not trying to turn this into an Anarchistic/Radical/ Revolutionary website. It is by it's nature a Capitalist website. That being said, what do you think are some of the biggest problems facing the world?

War is a given. I would like to add Income Inequality, And the growing incarceration rate

( at least in my country).

Sustainable resources and population growth. Although, that's a problem that the planet will eventually solve on it's own.

I might add: Entrenched ideologies and politics.

Edited by jpennybags

Sustainable resources and population growth. Although, that's a problem that the planet will eventually solve on it's own.

I might add: Entrenched ideologies and politics.

"Entrenched ideologies and politics"

That's a very good one. And I agree. But I hope the thread does not boil down to a

Left/Right bashing party.

And yes, sustainable resources will take care of itself,

"Entrenched ideologies and politics"

That's a very good one. And I agree. But I hope the thread does not boil down to a

Left/Right bashing party.

And yes, sustainable resources will take care of itself,

Not to worry... I'm an equal opportunity basher. We create our own problems; it can't be helped we are but human. More correctly, I may have omitted the word "politics", as it just confuses the issue.

That being said, what do you think are some of the biggest problems facing the world?

today its my wife!

Yesterday she claimed it was me.

...............more seriously.

I think its a recurring problem in world history but I think this reverberates across a lot of issue these days and is getting worse. (it could arguably be applied to politics, religion, personal life...etc)

The issue boils down to one of shifting risk and not taking responsibility.

This is largely a result of corporatisation (and dont worry I am a capitalist also) and the the fact that now you have corporates that have more rights than individuals, more power than governments, individuals within the companies that have little personal responsibility, get paid for failure and basically have to answer to few people.....I could go on, but I think you get the message....and yet I dont advocate govt doing a better job.

No accountability.

This has resulted in compliance gone crazy and everyone who can writing 50 page legal documents saying all care no responsibility and f..k you if it goes wrong because ultimately some other sucker will end up paying.

(not sure where this rant is going as i am enjoying the day :), but this is an issue I am seeing more and more these days. Maybe I should just join the boat...anyone wanna buy a bridge?:rofl:)

The biggest problem is the mentality of people. We do not value things that must be valued but all we think about is to how to make money. We are growing with the mentality "how to get money" instead of "how to become a better person" and this is the biggest problem.

On the other hand this atmosphere is created for us.. we are left no time to even think about what is happening aound

1. Too many people sucking on the goverment teet.

Do not think for a moment that I am referring only to the low income or impoverished. The wealthy or special interest groups snag a much bigger chunk than the poor do. he poor receive a pittance in comparison. We could easily fund the poor. We need to borrow to fund the wealthy.

On the other hand this atmosphere is created for us.. we are left no time to even think about what is happening aound

when I read this I had a laugh and googled "images for people on camera phones"

Nothing funnier than watching people film something they are watching live, rather than experiencing it. Maybe I am old school....buy the DVD for later and enjoy the moment...... but often we choose not to think about what is happening around us.