Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sachpazidisboris

Forex Broker

It depends what do you need a broker for :

demo, live?

Are you a scaler,, a swing trader?

Do you want a ECN account, a classical one ?

Do yu wish it to be FCA regulated or not?

I am using a Tickmill ECN account on demo to check them before going live, and so far so good : spreads are ok, service is reliable, so I am happy with it. But that's just my point of view.

It depends what do you need a broker for :

demo, live?

Are you a scaler,, a swing trader?

Do you want a ECN account, a classical one ?

Do yu wish it to be FCA regulated or not?

I am using a Tickmill ECN account on demo to check them before going live, and so far so good : spreads are ok, service is reliable, so I am happy with it. But that's just my point of view.

Yeah that's a great broker both for newbies and trading experts. Have been using them since 2012, their low trading costs make their platform perfect for scalping.

Your broker choice should be based on your needs: if you are looking for a registered or non registered broker, the kind of accounts they offer (micro lots account included), their spreads and leverages, withdrawal methods, minimum size per trade….There is a huge list of things you should look at before choosing your broker.

Oanda and FXCM both have solid reputations. Interactive Brokers is also highly recommended by bigger traders.

Oanda has larger spreads, but very good data and solid execution. It's hard to find good charting software to use with them, though (I just started using MotiveWave, which can hook up to Oanda). I currently use Oanda and would recommend them to anyone who wants to learn to trade, since they do not have a minimum lot size or minimum deposit. This makes it really easy for a beginner to practice without losing more than a few cents per trade, if they really wanted to do that. Where else can you place a trade of 100 units or something ridiculously small?

However, with FXCM you can get extremely tight spreads (some of the best I've seen). For that, you do have to pay commission. If you trade 1 lot of the EUR/USD, for example, your spread may only be between .2 and .5 of a pip, but you'll have to pay $8 roundtrip commission for this spread. You can use a lot of different platforms with FXCM, such as Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader, MotiveWave, etc.

Is FxPro good? A cousin of mine has recently started real money trading with FxPro. I am not sure how good it is cause i havent traded with this broker yet. Anyone has any experience with FxPro?

Is FxPro good? A cousin of mine has recently started real money trading with FxPro. I am not sure how good it is cause i havent traded with this broker yet. Anyone has any experience with FxPro?

Why trade with relatively unknown brokers when you have well-established firms available to you?

Why trade with relatively unknown brokers when you have well-established firms available to you?

Well established? Could you tell me more about them? What do you think about Hotforex, can we consider them well-known?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I trade with them on c trader so far so good

Hello there! can anyone reccommend me a good forex broker?

there's lot of good broker outthere, you can simply visit any brokers page comparison website like myfxbook. but make sure the trading condition are match your trading method. most used are brokers with scalping capability, and for these method I suggest to narrow your search among ecn broker type. I've been spread out my account as investment diversity, depend on current trading system used ( mostly EA). as for scalping upon ECN account I use Tickmill brokerage service, and I also registed my account under some rebate service and use it for coverage my vps expense :).

I trade with them on c trader so far so good

Looks like I spoke to soon on my first withdrawal the money hasn't made it to my bank account fx pro saying they sent it, will be speaking to the the bank monday :angry:

ouch, not a good start, hopefully its nothing major, do keep us updated on how it goes.. late withdrawals is not a good sign, but i hope its just the bank.

After a slow start with the accounting team (over 24hrs to respond) things did speed up and looks like the company they use for bank transfers (envoy) somehow lost it, they are now in the process of retrieving the money back to my account.

After a slow start with the accounting team (over 24hrs to respond) things did speed up and looks like the company they use for bank transfers (envoy) somehow lost it, they are now in the process of retrieving the money back to my account.

could these related to their sudden policy during Greek Saga (temporary shrink the leverage 1:50 ), I don't have an account with them yet just saw their representative post at FF. and that's makes me bit worry and right away ask Tickmill support where my account with, did they applied same rule upon Greek referendum vote, and luckily they doesn't change any trading rule related to Greek event. how is it going with your withdrawal process, I hope it wont take to much time to process :missy:

still no funds from fx pro, think they want me to forget about it but that aint going to happen ,I've allready made a deal of it on another forum too, not that I want to but rubbish really, they might be struggling from the Greek , the supports appreciated

still no funds from fx pro, think they want me to forget about it but that aint going to happen ,I've allready made a deal of it on another forum too, not that I want to but rubbish really, they might be struggling from the Greek , the supports appreciated

There are no reported cases about brokers suffered from Greek crisis (I mean abnormal market movements caused by Greek crisis). Don't know what's happened with FxPro receive payments from Hotforex without any delays:)

There are no reported cases about brokers suffered from Greek crisis (I mean abnormal market movements caused by Greek crisis). Don't know what's happened with FxPro receive payments from Hotforex without any delays:)

Yes actually meant swiss.. currently on the hunt now for a solid broker

Yes actually meant swiss.. currently on the hunt now for a solid broker

Try Hotforex. I trade them for years no issues so far. Though Fx is my hobby an I'm dealing with 4 digit numbers on my balance only, no signs of Dealing desk or withdrawal delays. I really like them.:)

Try Hotforex. I trade them for years no issues so far. Though Fx is my hobby an I'm dealing with 4 digit numbers on my balance only, no signs of Dealing desk or withdrawal delays. I really like them.:)

Money came through finally! thanks for the recommendation I'll look at them, I'm looking for NDD and want to invest 5 digits hence my concerns. Don't really like mt4 either

Money came through finally! thanks for the recommendation I'll look at them, I'm looking for NDD and want to invest 5 digits hence my concerns. Don't really like mt4 either

I've tried Tradestation and Ninjatrader too, but what I can certainly say that tradestation fees and Ninjatrader lack of good charting features put them one step behind the MT4 with it's obsolete design and unusual bugs. I'd recommend to stick with MT4 best platform I've tested so far.

What are the advantages of tradestation over MT4? Even institutional traders trade with MT4 platforms. I think it all depends on the broker.

Are you serious with this post? Name one institution that trades with MT4. MT4 is a joke that is used by beginner forex traders for two reasons: 1) it is free, and 2) it is very simple to use. Institutions that are managing large amounts of money use custom platforms that are tailored for their needs, especially if these institutions are banks trading currencies with each other. MT4 doesn't even meet the standards to be called a serious retail trading platform. Comparing MT4 to something like Sierra Chart, Multicharts, Tradestation, etc., is like comparing a plastic tricycle to a Ferrari.

I've tried Tradestation and Ninjatrader too, but what I can certainly say that tradestation fees and Ninjatrader lack of good charting features put them one step behind the MT4 with it's obsolete design and unusual bugs. I'd recommend to stick with MT4 best platform I've tested so far.

I am going to go ahead and call you out on this - if you really think MT4 is the "best platform" you've ever tested, you have only used MT4. Tradestation and Ninjatrader and others like Sierra Chart and Multicharts are used by a large amount of professional traders who trade various markets like futures, stocks, commodities, forex, etc. MT4 is simply used by beginner forex traders. I'm sorry, but MT4 is one of the worst trading platforms out there. You won't find any serious professional trader using MT4... if they are using MT4, they are usually a beginner still new to trading.

yeah there is a different between a popular platform and a good platform, mt4 is the most popular one even hotforex uses is, may ease of acquiring or simple because of all the possibilities that it has from add ons etc.