Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mark Jansen

What Do You Think About the 1:50 Leverage Limit for Russian Traders?

It is indeed not fair, since the regulatory institutions pose this regualtions without and concern of the opinion of the traders. I believe that we as traders need to receive more empowerment to exercise our opinion, instead of taking everything for granted. I found out this interesting article, which discuss the case and even presents some survey of CRFIN: Russian traders not satisfied with 1:50 leverage limitAtoZ Forex

Our counterparts in rus, etc. are getting hosed in many ways these days in the curr wars... hey - what goes around, comes around ...

Btw - For the idiots (in any ‘jurisdiction’) who find 1:50 ++ leverage is not 'enough'

Let them eat UltraCoin :rofl:

They surely, do get hosed in many ways. Although, I do no want to say that they are deserving this. Also, the 1:50 leverage is enough for me personally, however the majority traders do not comply with this. Haha, serve them Ultra-coin for breakfast.

What do you think about the 1:50 leverage limit for Russian traders?

we all know the answer, same happen with US regulation long time ago. many retail trader will disappointed, and most upper traders doesn't bother.

this could be spread across other EU country, we may had similar leverage for all brokers globally.. not much we can do about it, real trader surely adapt at any market circumstances, including lower leverage.

Furthermore i do think that the maximum Leverage should be 1:50 just like its 1:4 with the equities brokers in the US. Having a big leverage makes a trader take heavy risks. I know risk can be controlled bt in a fast moving market anyone can get that big knock back cause of this high leverage.

Thanks, Prax and Ammeo, for you view on the positive side of the russian leverage limit. I surely agree that it would reduce the risks for traders, but eventually they take away the other possibilities. It's in the best interest of the larger parties and as little men we are not able to surge against it. Adaptation is indeed here the keyword, real traders keep their spirits high!

1:50 leverage is still huge and if you are using more than that its more like playing rather than trading.

I think for trading 1:10 is more than enough. Limiting leverage to 1:50 max should keep most beginners from loosing money very fast.