Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

kdnash82

FUTURES - Looking for Broker/trading Platform

Question has probably been asked a million times. This will be 1million +1.

I have been paper trading with ThinkorSwim and want to eventually open a real account. My overall opinion of TOS is that it's a good platform. For the most part, I've been able to do everything I've wanted.

What I am worried about is the margin requirements, commissions and fees.

So my question is, what broker/platform would you recommend that has:

- Low commissions/fees

- Low margin requirements

- No subscription fees

- No data fees

- Fast data feed

- Fast execution of orders

- Any other key features that you like

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have been paper trading with ThinkorSwim and want to eventually open a real account. My overall opinion of TOS is that it's a good platform. For the most part, I've been able to do everything I've wanted.

- Low commissions/fees

- No subscription fees

- No data fees

- Fast data feed

i think you taking seriuosly fx trading, and let finish with your learning before start with your first quest with 'real' training. no need to worries for margin requirement, many brokers offer average low deposit minimum, and for commision and fees, i would suggest to start with ecn type brokers, any of them would be good, most of ecn offers low spread, at low commision cost, overal still much cheaper than fixed one.

i've been with many brokers for past years, shift brokers often, as for now i use armada markets platform as primary use brokerage service, you may want to take them into your consideration.

since i use mt4 platform, mean no sofware cost, no data feed fee, while i;m with ecn account type the execution are fair and fast. you may want to check their live spread during next tradign days http://quotes.armadamarkets.ee/livegraph/flot/quotes.html

competitive spread, $2 commision fee per standard lot, i think it's the best deal for 300$ minimum deposit at ECN account type. put a test deposit at first to experience their trading condition or else try with their demo account, it not much differ than real, the only difference is demo trade didn't charge commision :)

- Low commissions/fees

- No subscription fees

- No data fees

- Fast data feed

You can check out NinjaTrader Online Trading Platform & Brokerage Services.