Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GoOptionsPro

How to Spot a Bottom or Top?

When one wants to swing trade, there are multiple ways to confirm or at least establish some confidence over your decision as to when to enter the market.

Can anyone give an example of where they are seeing this play out?

-Thank you

Most traders are inclined to place a stop right at the bottom of a double bottom or top of the double top. The conventional wisdom says that once the pattern is broken, the trader should get out. But conventional wisdom is often wrong.

Leaving the trade early may seem prudent and logical, but markets are rarely that straightforward. Many retail traders play double tops/bottoms, and, knowing this, dealers and institutional traders love to exploit the retail traders' behavior of exiting early, forcing the weak hands out of the trade before price changes direction. The net effect is a series of frustrating stops out of positions that often would have turned out to be successful trades.

When one wants to swing trade, there are multiple ways to confirm or at least establish some confidence over your decision as to when to enter the market.

Can anyone give an example of where they are seeing this play out?

-Thank you

Look at EU now. Everybody is short on short time frames. But from a higher perspective we may actually have a turning point at current level , for we are sitting at a monthly fib level.

On H4 you see also (right part of chart, that 1,11 is a support)

Therefore, I will be bearish too, but should I got a long signal around 1,1 I will buy because of the monthly chart. And this is how I spot eventually turning points.

EU_M.thumb.png.ab7b3f3badfadc1add8a57a2fa42c7a0.png

EU_H4.thumb.png.71fda4b75a1913146229a09e21096422.png