Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hogarste

NT Issue

I've been using NT for several months and trade currencies as well as futures. Today while I was Demo trading, I noticed something very unusual with NT. I've been trading for several years and I get the difference between ask/bid.

I tend to scalp, and when I enter Limit orders where I am buying below price or selling above price (in other words - retracements), it was working fine. I started to enter via market orders (trading G/U, which normally has a spread of about 4 pips). I scalp with a 5 pip stop loss and a 10 pip profit target.

When I enter buys, its filling me up at the ask price, so my SL is one pip below price rather than 5. As soon as I enter orders, they are getting stopped out when price goes down 1 pip. Its doing the reverse to my sell orders. its filling the stop orders at the bid, but the NT chart trader is showing the SL at the ask. I know this sounds crazy, but I was scalping all morning and did not have this issue, this just seemed to start happening.

For scalping, is there a setting I should adjust. My broker is IB, and i pay very little for trades ($2 per 100K traded). This is happening in live trade mode too. Are there any currency scalpers out there who can tell me what silly mistake I'm making and how it can be overcome. I'm going into every trade down four pips and then getting my SL filled early.

Apologies in advance if this is something silly I'm doing.

I believe that the answer to this will relate to using Limit orders to get into positions, and instead of having Ninja set up a stop and take profit via the chart trader atm strategy (market orders), I should use OCO's to set up buy limits and sell limits. Could I ask any other pro traders (scalpers would be ideal but I'm happy for any feedback) how they minimize slippage.