Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tmcwil

Aspiring Trader Looking for Answers..

Hi my name is Tyler McWilliams. I'm 19 years of age and I have been studying the markets for roughly 6 months. Ive foolishly started with 500 on a scottrade account after only 1 week of market studies, losing it all within a month, but I have had episodes of profit. I have restlessly studied technical analysis and strategies as well as business philosophy. I have no intention of relent, and will become a successful trader one day. But I feel as though a Mentor would be my next step in my journey to find the Holy Grail. Any advice, tips, hints?

Hi my name is Tyler McWilliams. I'm 19 years of age and I have been studying the markets for roughly 6 months. Ive foolishly started with 500 on a scottrade account after only 1 week of market studies, losing it all within a month, but I have had episodes of profit. I have restlessly studied technical analysis and strategies as well as business philosophy. I have no intention of relent, and will become a successful trader one day. But I feel as though a Mentor would be my next step in my journey to find the Holy Grail. Any advice, tips, hints?

If you do an advanced search on the TL forum (key: "mentor") you will find several threads discussing mentors and mentorship.... what's good, what's not, what to look for. There is also some discussion that defines the relationship between the mentor and the mentored.

I'll give you a very very big tip/hint: Master position sizing/risk management either through my website or get the Van Tharp book which is supposedly a rare find these days. I find it on Amazon sometimes for $80-300

But that's just one huge piece of the puzzle. Feel free to ask ?'s :)

Here to help...

There are many forex gurus out there, you can find them on sites like etoro.com, but before you go on looking for s guru, why

Don’t you take out time to further your knowledge about forex and create a personal trading system? After

Which you can start with a micro account on either oanda or Profiforex, this way you will not need to

Invest much, but will still have a feel of what the real market looks like.