Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

SIUYA

Difference Between Professionals and Amateurs

indeed, when talking with the pro, the most discuss thing are the worst case come at first, the DrawDown! I fully aware, and avoid any DD above 20-30%. most noobs just forget a 50% account loss means we already broke, they didn't realize it required 100% profit to get back balance into initial deposit. while I learn this simple fact hard way.

while most ameteurs end up become delusional traders who dreamed to turn 100$ into 10000$ without taking any risk. never take this field seriously nor made serious attempt on any aspect. for example not focusing in learning process but rather to gamble with 100$!!

indeed, when talking with the pro, the most discuss thing are the worst case come at first, the DrawDown! I fully aware, and avoid any DD above 20-30%. most noobs just forget a 50% account loss means we already broke, they didn't realize it required 100% profit to get back balance into initial deposit. while I learn this simple fact hard way.

while most ameteurs end up become delusional traders who dreamed to turn 100$ into 10000$ without taking any risk. never take this field seriously nor made serious attempt on any aspect. for example not focusing in learning process but rather to gamble with 100$!!

it's very valuable for you to point out the risk first. I am just a learner. First, what's the drawdown? What caused it? How is it balanced based on price before it reached the edge? Then who did it.....(I really dislike it, but can we have a wining opportunity without drawdown process?how is the capital to be balanced based on this process?)

You are right, if you lost 30%, you need to make 42.8% to back to original price position. But my question, what if you sold at 30%, stock start to come back from this point?(other suffers will be glad that you donate the money) I do not have a heart to buy back immediately after a big lost.... But I feel very lucky if the drawdown keep go down to 40%. If I knew I am going to have 30% drawdown, I defintely will stop the lost at 7.5%. Could I predict the drawdown amount? Maybe.

Just for fun and pray for those lost money caused not by greedy.