Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zupcon

What's The Crack ?

So whats the crack regarding the ongoing legal issues between Big Mike and AMP GLOBAL CLEARING ?

Are AMP behaving like the typical cry baby brokerage company and trying to get negative reviews removed by throwing their weight about?

Has "big mike" lived up to his name, and proved he's got a pair of brass balls and wont back down to threats ?

I cant be arsed to sign up for an account over there, fill me in someone. Is this really a case of a forum owner with integrity ? whats the world coming too, they'll de discussing trading at the zoo next !

I cant be arsed to sign up for an account over there, fill me in someone.

I've never paid the BMT forum any attention either. There's a post (seemingly from moderators or 'Big Mike' himself) clearly aimed at discrediting a vendor whose (totally free) blog I have followed and found helpful.

I'm not really sure why AMP would ever get so concerned over the allegations unless someone in senior management there is somewhat pious and self-righteous? How many out-and-out con men are out there with dozens of websites proclaiming them as such, yet continue to swindle unsuspecting marks to the tune of millions a year? Why would AMP get wound up over a few bad reviews on a forum or whatever? Haven't they got more important things on their mind?

BlueHorseshoe

So whats the crack regarding the ongoing legal issues between Big Mike and AMP GLOBAL CLEARING ?

Are AMP behaving like the typical cry baby brokerage company and trying to get negative reviews removed by throwing their weight about?

Has "big mike" lived up to his name, and proved he's got a pair of brass balls and wont back down to threats ?

I cant be arsed to sign up for an account over there, fill me in someone. Is this really a case of a forum owner with integrity ? whats the world coming too, they'll de discussing trading at the zoo next !

Well, he's taking donations for his legal defence. One would hope that these donations will be returned if Amp has to pay all legal costs

Seems like he's standing up to AMP, but I'm not sure that's wise given that it's seemingly a member with a grudge against AMP that has made comments that have got him in trouble (it appears that a member joined and with his first posts made negative comments about AMP because he worked for them and they didn't pay him).

Reading the legal documents that were posted, it states that a large % of AMP clients are members of BigMike's site and so there is some damage to their company from disparaging comments that are alleged to be false. They're suing him for $50,000 and all comments removed etc.

I feel it's always sad when people's comments on a forum end up in a court case, and in my opinion, reflects badly on those that have brought it about.

Hopefully any half decent judge will throw this case stright out of court and award costs to "big mike".

The management at AMP appear to be deluded half wits. How can they reach the conclusion that many of their customers are members of big mikes forum ?

Was "big mike" actually mad enough to pop over to AMP with a list of his members names and adresses and allow AMP to check them against their customer list :rofl:

Even if "big mike" was mad enough to help AMP establish this fact, how does "big mike" even know who his members are because apart form those mad enough to pay for premium membership, they are simple annonymous usernames on a forum.

The reality of course is that AMP assume that their customers are members of "big mikes" forum, and that anyone actually gives a flying feck, and on that basis, they start throwing their weight around, and trying to claim 50K in damages, which to be honest is practically chump change. FFS havnt they got a business to be running, or is it "teh office junior" whose responsible for this action.

It's not often you'll find me defending a forum owner, but in this case I hope "big mike" takes these clowns to the feckin cleaners, and if he does, I hope he'll have the gonads to expose every single prior communication between himself and AMP futures before they threw their toys out of the pram. If he doesnt, leak the info to me, and I will :rofl:

Even being in constant research for useful resources for trading I've never come across with BMT forum. Just find out about it here. I think the point of debates is a try of a broker firm to get a leverage on internet forums as a whole source of "unbiased" traders information. As traders used to seek a trust in the forums, (me too, as I found my broker Hotforex, browsing FPA folders) it is very important for broker to sort out this different marketing channel for them. That's it. This case show us what side will get the win and determine in some degree future points of contacts between these two Forex related projects.

Just checked 'big mikes' and I'm pleased to say that there's at least one judge in the USA with a functioning brain, and the case has been kicked out of court.

No idea what happened regarding costs, but in my opinion AMP FUTURES actions where clearly vexacious. I sincerely hope their crass stupidity comes back and bites them on the arse.

Generally speaking, I like brokers, and I despise forum owners, but in this case I'll make an exception. Amp Futures what a bunch of tossers :crap: "Big Mike" balls of brass and a prince amongst forum owners :cool:

Can you imagine any other forum owner doing similar ? I cant

e ongoing legal issues between Big Mike and AMP GLOBAL CLEARING ?

Are AMP behaving like the typical cry baby brokerage

_________

gujjar45666:doh::missy: