Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

johni

Buy and Bars Exit

anyone has a sample code for the following?

buy whn stoch<30 and exit 5 bars from entry

if next day stoch is <30 buy another unit and exit 5 bars from entry

if next next day stoch is <30 buy another unit and exit 5 bars from entry

try code them but the second and third entry all exit at the first exit altogether rather 5 bars from entry

anyone has a sample code for the following?

buy whn stoch<30 and exit 5 bars from entry

if next day stoch is <30 buy another unit and exit 5 bars from entry

if next next day stoch is <30 buy another unit and exit 5 bars from entry

try code them but the second and third entry all exit at the first exit altogether rather 5 bars from entry

Vars: Stoch(O), Count1(0), Count2(0), Count3(0) ;

If MarketPosition <= 0 then Begin

Count1 = 0;

Count2 = 0;

Count3 = 0;

end;

If Count1 = 0 and Count2 = 0 and Count3 = 0 and Stock < 30 then begin

Buy x shares this bar on close;

Count1 = BarNumber

end;

If Count1 <> 0 and BarNumber >= Count1 + 5 then begin

Sell X shares this bar on close;

Count1 = 0;

end;

If Count1 <> 0 and BarNumber = Count1 + 1 and Count2 = 0 and Stoch < 30 then Begin

Count2 = BarNumber

end;

If Count2 <> 0 and BarNumber >= Count2 + 5 then begin

Count2 = 0;

end;

If Count1 <> 0 and Count2 <> 0 and Count3 = 0 and BarNumber = Count2 + 1 and Stoch < 30 then Begin

Count3 = BarNumber

end;

If Count3 <> 0 and BarNumber >= Count3+ 5 then begin

Count3 = 0;

end;

Good Luck, you will need it.

UB

UB

Thank you for your excellent post

Notice when there is a interval bar with stoch>30 and next bar stoch<30 the second signal is not registered

Changing the (barnumber +1 or bar number+2) would solve some of the signal

More than 3 signals with interval bars stoch above 30 would render the subsequent signal not registered

How you make the code (barnumber +1 or bar number+2) dynamic to account for unknown interval bars stoch > 30?

The third and fourth bars should have signal but due to second bar >30 the subsequent signals are not registered

1.JPG.ea253228cf55b17330a0e2a0a504338a.JPG

Edited by johni

Your OP didn't say anything about "interval bars." The code provided will perform as per your specs.

IMHO your strategy is a recipe for disaster but if you want custom coding for this or any other strategy let me recommend Martin Miller of JAM Strategy Trading Martin wrote the TradeStation Wiki, knows more about TradeStation and Easy Language than the technical staff at TradeStation, is great to work with and the best there is for TS Consulting.

I have worked with him for years and wholeheartedly recommend him.

His contact info including phone, Skype and email is here.

Cheers

UrmaBlume

I have worked with him for years and wholeheartedly recommend him.

While JAM is a very well respected company, it is worth noting that there are other programmers out there ;)

You'll find a list of those endorsed by TS (including Miller) on their website. Whoever you use, I would expect to pay a minimum of around $90 per hour . . .

Kind regards,

BlueHorseshoe

While JAM is a very well respected company, it is worth noting that there are other programmers out there ;)You'll find a list of those endorsed by TS (including Miller) on their website. Whoever you use, I would expect to pay a minimum of around $90 per hour . . .Kind regards,BlueHorseshoe

All due respect Blue, but over the years I have used a selection of those listed and found Martin to be the best by far.

As to rates, his is even higher, $125 Eu per hour and he is so much better than any of those listed that he is well worth it. When you are looking for help of this kind, the rate should be far down the list of selection criteria.

Deep into execution issues with TradeStation I spent lots of $$ looking for answers from the list you mention. I finally found Martin and my issues were solved in less than an hour.

UB

UB,

Would you tweak the code to account for interval bars? This code is like lacking a little tweak and don't seems to warrant pay coding service

Have code them up in MS but want to transfer them to ES for some carification

All due respect Blue, but over the years I have used a selection of those listed and found Martin to be the best by far.

Hi Urma,

I don't doubt that - but if you post such a singular endorsement it's likely just to be taken down by the moderators. As soon as you acknowledge that he is one option amongst many, you're given much more general information and then stating a preference.

As well as this, isn't it always good to point out to the OP that EL is relatively simple to learn to code (at the level the OP currently requires) and will serve as an invaluable tool in their development as a trader, allowing them to test the validity of their ideas before committing money to a strategy?

Maybe I should stop interfering :)

Kind regards,

BlueHorseshoe

Hi Urma,I don't doubt that - but if you post such a singular endorsement it's likely just to be taken down by the moderators. As soon as you acknowledge that he is one option amongst many, you're given much more general information and then stating a preference.As well as this, isn't it always good to point out to the OP that EL is relatively simple to learn to code (at the level the OP currently requires) and will serve as an invaluable tool in their development as a trader, allowing them to test the validity of their ideas before committing money to a strategy?Maybe I should stop interfering Kind regards,BlueHorseshoe

Blue,

If I was looking for a coding or any other service, a singular endorsement from an experienced user would be EXACTLY what I would be looking for. Plainly in any group of practitioners there is an average level of competence and a small group, third standard deviation, that excels.

Less than the third standard deviation of traders succeed and I would think it obvious that such a level of trading, coding, understanding and execution would require support of an extraordinary level of competence.

While EL is a great tool for system development, it is wrong and misleading to advertise that it is easy to learn at a level that will produce profitable trading systems. If that were true you couldn't get a cab in NYC, all the drivers would be watching their bots.

The average or the lowest common denominator doesn't make it in this biz. Most everybody on this forum, including vendors, lose in their trading and will continue to lose until the pain makes them leave the markets.

It is not a business for everybody and to foster the idea that everybody has an equal chance of success only leads to loss and heartache. The vast majority, for one reason or another, are just not equipped for this biz and certainly history documents this fact.

Only the top few percent of traders and systems succeed in the long run and I put Martin in the top few percent of consultants. I say that not because I use his services and like the guy but because I have tried many others and find him the best and I think that this kind of information from an experienced EL developer is way more valuable that something as pale and bland that there are many other consultants.

All men are not equal in ability and all consultants are also not equal in ability and in a world where only the top few make it, quality, not price, is the prime consideration.

UB

All men are not equal in ability and all consultants are also not equal in ability and in a world where only the top few make it, quality, not price, is the prime consideration.

UB

Hi Urma,

I wasn't challenging the quality of the recommendation, nor looking for an argument.

Best wishes,

BlueHorseshoe

Hi Urma,

I wasn't challenging the quality of the recommendation, nor looking for an argument.

Best wishes,

BlueHorseshoe

Thanks Blue, me neither.

BTW, I see UK. I used to office in Finsbury Circus.

cheers

UB