Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

momentom

New MP Software for Ninjatrader

Very interesting. Thanks momentum. The $250 price tag seems a bit steep but as it's a one-off cost it's the same as about 6 months with Sierra but will last forever.

Tnx for the Tip. The ninja MP does the job. I have been using Investor RT for two years and after 2 weeks of trial, I am redy to pay the $250 for the add on.

As of today I pay $71 per month for Inv RT (this includes a DTN data backfill because Interactive Brokers Data is very spoty). Thats $852 per year.

The Ninja Add on does not have all the functions as RT does, But most of you will find out that all the elements needed to interpret market development are there. I just love the fact that now I can have a decent Market profile chart and feed it with tradestation data.

This was a profitable trade for me. Tnx Again

The guy is adding a better POC indicator. I got him to highlight the value areas better and that's already in the latest release.

This looks like the cheapest MP solution that actually gives the info you need. It paid for itself in the first hour I used it.

. I just love the fact that now I can have a decent Market profile chart and feed it with tradestation data.

This was a profitable trade for me. Tnx Again

Hi, there, can you tell me how do you make use of Tradestation data with Ninja and using this MP addon? thanks.

I am a TS8 user and trade through TS too, so I like to invest a MP addon that are related to TS8 if it is possible, I don't think I can get away from TS8 just because I had so many expensive indicators invested with it. So your info is much appreciated.

Hey Jess1, all the instructions for seting up TS8 are at the ninjatrader.com site. Its very easy. Here is the basic setup:

Initial Set Up

NinjaTrader must be installed

Start TradeStation

Select the menu File --> Import/Export EasyLanguage

Select "Import EasyLanguage file (ELD, ELS or ELA)" and click “Next”

Click on “Browse…” which opens a new window

Click on “My Computer” on the left side of the window

Double click on “Local Disk (C:)”

Double click on “Program Files”

Double click on “NinjaTrader 6”

Double click on “bin”

Double click on “AutoTrade”

Double click on “NINJATRADER.ELD”

Click “Next”

Click “Next”

Click "Finish" and confirm any upcoming query box by clicking "OK"

vegaspanda,

thanks for the reply, I see that Ninja has a demo, does the MP addon work with the demo ninja version and getting data from TS8? Basically, I like to implement MP stuff in my trading, but do not want to invest into another charting package like Ninja in order to get MP into my trading tool sets. I am trying to find a cheapest way to get MP into TS8. Too bad, Ant's MP+ does not work anymore, even though it is still buggy, can still lockup TS8 sometimes, but can't be beat, it is free.

Btw, is there any free MP addon for TS8 still around, besides Ant's MP+? Anyone know? Thanks.

Also, Ninja cannot import Protect eld files, right?

Notouch do you find Ninja solid? I had read a few posts here and there saying version 6 was quite flakey?

I am particularly interested in adjusting stops and targets through the charts that sounds cool in the extreme.

Finally what's the performance like? I remember beta testing NT when it was a simple (very simple) order entry helper even then it seemed to add a small but noticeable delay to things.

I was looking for an excuse to try it again but wanted 'solid slick and fast'. (I'm also considering Neoticker for another look).

I don't use NinjaTrader for order entry - I use IB's BookTrader for that. You have to subscribe to NinjaTrader for the order entry functionality. The charts are very solid though. The MP add-on is good but I had a few problems with displaying forex data correctly. I did resolve the problems in the end.

Ahh OK thanks, guess I should give it a try. Something really appeals about entering an order with fixed point emergency stop and target, then dragging the stop to the last swing high on the chart and maybe adjusting the target to the other side of a trend channel. That sounds like coolness in the extreme.

I'm kinda interested in how user studies work in ninja too. One of tradestations huge advantages is easy language. Chances are there is a public domain study or some code you can modify for most of what you might want to do.

I'm currently using Multicharts but am disapointed with how numerous things are still 'rough'.

That's what I am worried about as well....the fact that I have heard so many things about NT being buggy...

I imagine having bad info on a daytrading scale can be pretty disastrous and I sure wouldn't want to be investing into software that didn't do the job properly...

The MP plug-in is $250, and has a 7 day free trial...it is pretty sharp, I'll give it that.

Has anyone used to market replay feature with NT? is it pretty reliable?

Update on the NINJATRADER MARKET PROFILE

I have been using it for allmost 3 months now. and I use it every day for trading futures. I had no bugs nor crashes so far. Trading from the chart is a real treat, plus the NT platform is in my opinion so well designed that even makes you a bit faster at executing since there are no redundant steps in the proces of trading. Now, u dont need to execute with ninja if u want to save money. Just get the demo version and feed it with your own data. the tpo demo works with the free ninja demo. So you can execute in your own platform and still have great MP charts.

Enjoy your trading fellas

VP

Yes u can, right click on the price column and drag down to compress. Now to see several days, select as many days as you want in the window than appears in ninja after u go to New - Chart.

Hope that helps.