Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

momentom

New MP Software for Ninjatrader

You're right mezameo the fin-alg indicator looks like a sound investment, and we won't see anything like it for free for a long time, if ever.

Too bad that some things Investor R/T can do are still impossible on NT.

You're right mezameo the fin-alg indicator looks like a sound investment, and we won't see anything like it for free for a long time, if ever.

Too bad that some things Investor R/T can do are still impossible on NT.

Are the mp files for RT investor free?

In addition to Dalton there is Don Jones at Cisco-futures.com. Don has been around along time (I believe that one of the co-authors, Jones, on Dalton's book is his son). There is a tremendous amount of information available free on his website and he offers a course for a reasonable fee. If you look at his site you will note that MP is a lot more than what is usually referenced--including 5-day, 10-day balances, etc... There is also updated data available only from cbot which identifies market participants from Institutional to Retail. Several well known and successful traders have been tutored here. Few of the MP charting programs include everything that you can get from cisco. Email or call Don and find out. I use Ninja and the Algo MP addon: it is better than Sierra or Ensign... by far. I don't pay $7 which is what cbot actually charges, but no one has asked. Market Delta includes MP as well. Frank Butera at BalanceTrader.com teaches another method which offers short term and swing trading ideas; he also runs a room in ensign's echat. Frank's method has a lot of merit and it is a reasonable price. Also note that the Algo MP addon can be split and merged with other days--the longer the market is in balance the more likely a better breakout. Frank's levels don't necessarily correspond to the Value Areas in the conventional sense (even Don at cisco often breaks down the VALUE areas into percentage parts, but I've found it to be very helpful. btw, Dalton's website puts out a weekly newsletter.

(I have have no affiliation with any of these parties at present. I prefer to learn and go my own way)

See also references from cisco website: Short term daytrading

Bill Duryea billduryea@msn.com Market Profile

<http://www.ioamt.com:80/> (request trial password).

Mentoring

Tom Alexander http://www.alexandertrading.com

email: alexandertrading@comcast.net

Next Seminar: Contact Alexander Trading

Market Profile Trading Services

"See INSIDE the CHART"

Trevor Harnett

trevor@marketdelta.com

http://www.marketdelta.com

note that NinjaTrader Charts are free and you can purchase Fin-Alg MP at a reasonable price, utilize "opentick" data for free or very little, depending upon market. NT has a forum for developing and picking up free indicators and advanced order placement, etc... get your levels from MP and utilize whatever order book you like (adds redundancy) as "opentick" is not as fast or reliable as say TT, etc. You avoid the $20 cbot fee this way too. I usually run one data feed per pc, but not always necessary. My monthly fees for charts and data is now $5.00, where I once paid around $200...

Hi,

Just to let you know that I upgraded to NT 6.5 and had problems with NT crashing when changing the time frame on my MP charts once in a while. This is after I have purchased fin-alg MP.

Does anyone who has upgraded have the same problem?

thx.

note that NinjaTrader Charts are free and you can purchase Fin-Alg MP at a reasonable price, utilize "opentick" data for free or very little, depending upon market. NT has a forum for developing and picking up free indicators and advanced order placement, etc... get your levels from MP and utilize whatever order book you like (adds redundancy) as "opentick" is not as fast or reliable as say TT, etc. You avoid the $20 cbot fee this way too. I usually run one data feed per pc, but not always necessary. My monthly fees for charts and data is now $5.00, where I once paid around $200...

"opentick" - you mean ZenFire?

dhivyalakshmy,

You can start by reading market in profile. go to http://www.cisco-futures.com

Imho it is not that hard to lean but putting it into practice takes some time.

I tried ninja with finag and it worked as was advertised. But I find I can do more with ensign windows. also check out http://www.enthios.com he post live trades setups using MP most days. also ensingsoftware has chat rooms with people using Mp and other stuff. try the bline room. its free. hope it helps trading is hard work that you got to love.

I have been following this thread from its start with interest. I am currently using eSignal w/ Market Profile and am less then impressed with their charts. As a result I was in the process of switching over to NinjaTrader until I looked at Investor/RT (as a result of this thread). Whilst NT may be free to start you must pay a license fee ($795 for single broker/$995 multi) if you go active. Though I initially liked NT I have had a couple instances of it crashing. The last time this happened it deleted any indicators I had off my charts - I was not impressed. This meant I had to rebuild them.

I've just started to evaluate Investor/RT and it certainly looks to be a powerful piece of software. All the indicators you could possibly want appear to be there. Setting them up the way want seems to be far more intuitive then NT.

I'm also definitely impressed with the looks of Market Profile. For anyone who has done Don Jones' Market Profile course at http://www.cisco-futures.com the Market Profile package in Investor/RT looks to mirror his material very closely. For this reason alone I am leaning strongly to Investor.

I would much appreciate feedback from anyone who is currently using Investor/RT and how you find the software.

Nice new MP for Ninja...its getting there at least.

dValueArea in the file sharing part of the ninja forum.

Looks pretty nice although it seems to be doing some weird split as far as having 2 profiles a day.

Good catch. Though it is probably worth repeating that the FinAlg package is absolutely excellent for the couple of hundred bucks (or whatever it is) that it costs. Mind you this looks good.....the big question will it work correctly on historical data? Yeah i know wait for NT 7.0.

Edit: looking closely at he chart I would guess yes....looks like it is averaging volume across a bar.

Good catch. Though it is probably worth repeating that the FinAlg package is absolutely excellent for the couple of hundred bucks (or whatever it is) that it costs. Mind you this looks good.....the big question will it work correctly on historical data? Yeah i know wait for NT 7.0.

True, I don't want to take anything away from Finalg. That is certainly the king for MP on ninja. The only reason I haven't bought it is because you can't modify the code. It does suck his stuff is all locked because he certainly appears to be the ninja master.

There is a new MP type indicator in the ninja forums, it uses either TPO, Volume on Close, or Volume weighted TPO, and plots in history and also shows Value Area and POC, and shows session, and off session profiles.

This is the only way I can figure to link you to it.

Click on this link:

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/local_links.php?catid=1&sort=N&page=1&pp=15&keyid=104

Click the Agree Button:

Come back here and click the above link again.

Dean.

local_resize_php.thumb.jpg.6d697686c07dff92509d27472bcf4575.jpg

There is a new MP type indicator in the ninja forums, it uses either TPO, Volume on Close, or Volume weighted TPO, and plots in history and also shows Value Area and POC, and shows session, and off session profiles.

Dean.

Dean, thanks for posting this. The example picture on the Ninja forum is too hard see for any detailed examination of the indicator. When I clicked on the picture, I got a download box for a zip file (for downloading the code, I presume). I was hoping to see a bigger picture. Any chance you could post a better, or at least bigger, example?

Thanks, Tasuki

Dean, thanks for posting this. The example picture on the Ninja forum is too hard see for any detailed examination of the indicator. When I clicked on the picture, I got a download box for a zip file (for downloading the code, I presume). I was hoping to see a bigger picture. Any chance you could post a better, or at least bigger, example?

Thanks, Tasuki

You could always try clicking on the picture I attached. :crap: