Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest OILFXPRO

Part Time Evening Strategies Concentration

That would be a good question to ask before you bought the system...

Does the system require you to make discretionary decisions ? or is it mechanical in nature ?

Profitability would depend on the cost of the system and the results you achieve during backtesting.

Based on a thread you started a while back, "Trading Mindsets is 80 % of Success". a lot could depend on mindset. ( just a little tongue in cheek :) ).

Edited by Mysticforex

I like the name "evening strategy". Even if we assume, that all people consider evening is the period of time between 6ph and "bed" time, it is still impossible to say wether this strategy work for evenings in Japan as well as for evenings in new york.

Do you really think that it is enough to trade in the evening only to stay in profit and moreover work out profitable strategy? It doesn't make a sense you make equal forex to evening relaxational hobby.. but it is impossible..

I like the name "evening strategy". Even if we assume, that all people consider evening is the period of time between 6ph and "bed" time, it is still impossible to say wether this strategy work for evenings in Japan as well as for evenings in new york.

Ha ha ha . . . I was waiting for someone to point that out. My fav trading time is evening in Tokyo .

Guest OILFXPRO
Do you really think that it is enough to trade in the evening only to stay in profit and moreover work out profitable strategy? It doesn't make a sense you make equal forex to evening relaxational hobby.. but it is impossible..

evening set and forget stategy will work , in trending markets where the idiots do not want to be long ....so u go short ....they do not want to be short ...so u go long.

Can you sell this system and make millions or billions?

It doesn't make a sense you make equal forex to evening relaxational hobby.. but it is impossible..

Nope, it's not impossible. And it makes perfect sense.

There's really no need for all that "fancy dancing" intra-day that vendors encourage. Most traders profitability would probably improve if they just sloooooooow down!

There are fund managers making great returns who act on a monthly basis. Time is like leverage - it can increase your profits, but it can also increase your losses.

End of day is fine. End of day works. End of day can even be relaxing :)

BlueHorseshoe

In certain markets, ES for example, it is easier for traders to push the market in one direction or the other during low volume periods, such as the period from the globex open to the New York open in ES. The whole day minus the RTH. With fewer participants, there is less support and less resistance. It is true too, then, that there is less liquidity.

In certain markets, ES for example, it is easier for traders to push the market in one direction or the other during low volume periods, such as the period from the globex open to the New York open in ES. The whole day minus the RTH. With fewer participants, there is less support and less resistance. It is true too, then, that there is less liquidity.

there was a famous EA (expert advisor) for the currency markets some time ago that was doing exactly what you are saying there and was a huge success....until markets changed......so things like that, like in correlations actually, are being true until they don't anymore

TW

there was a famous EA (expert advisor) for the currency markets some time ago that was doing exactly what you are saying there and was a huge success....until markets changed......so things like that, like in correlations actually, are being true until they don't anymore

TW

Its a very natural phenomena. If you see 10 birds sitting on a fence and you throw a stone and hit or kill one, the rest will fly away.

Its a very natural phenomena. If you see 10 birds sitting on a fence and you throw a stone and hit or kill one, the rest will fly away.

Exactly.. That certainly is a natural phenomena.. An instinct anyone has.

Guest OILFXPRO

TW

EAS need to be used after reading context , eas can't add accurately fundamental biases or context to anylysis., this is why traders have to selectively put on eas after anylysis of context.

EAS can not read channels and trend lines accurately , they do it like trading idiots reading codes and following rules.

ps I promise not to use the word idiots anymore , if i can help it

Guest OILFXPRO

most humans are wired to react like the 10 birds frighrened by a stone, but we do it and destroy accounts with reactive trades.

so if you sold me a trend trading course or education , it would be useless , because i could not actually implement it.Therefore I am better of selling a trend trading course than trading it .....DR covel sponsor of forums.

Edited by OILFXPRO