Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

einja

Printing a Label on the Chart

When the chart is being printed, how can we print a lable on the screen.

I am writing some indicator which plots the dot using the Plot1 Method.

I want some text written on top of the dot something like "Pivot High (1.3531)" in my case. I want the text as a label.

Hello,

The option you are using to post is intended for developers to post finished versions of indicators. Posts such as yours should be made under the 'TS Custom Programming' section.

Printing a label is fairly straightforward . . . however TS is a little clunky in how these are updated and displayed, so if this is plotted on your chart too frequently then your screen will end up a horrendous mess.

Also, if you're going to be using TS a lot then it pays to learn a little EasyLanguage, so I'll give you some code below that prints text and you can have a go at tweaking it to suit your goals.

Keep posting your adapted code back here with any problems you have and I will help you to get it to how you want it.

BlueHorseshoe

// HiLo Text
// By FiveV  January, 2009
// re:  TS thread 85427

Input:
leftStren   (4), 
rightStren  (4),
UpAbove   (.50),
DnBelow   (.50),
TextColor (red),
Decimal     (2),
LeftorRight (0  {minus is left, plus is right});

Var:
TextIDHi    (0),
TextIDLo    (0)
   ;

If 	pivotHighVS(1,H,leftStren,rightStren,rightStren+1) <> -1		 
then begin 
	TextIDHi = Text_New(Date,calctime(Time,LeftorRight),H[rightStren]+UpAbove,numtostr(High[rightStren],decimal)); 
				Text_SetStyle(TextIDHi,1,1); 
				Text_SetColor(TextIDHi,TextColor); 
end; 
If pivotLowVS(1,L,leftStren,rightStren,rightStren+1) <> -1
then begin	 
	TextIDLo = Text_New(Date,calctime(Time,LeftorRight),L[rightStren]-DnBelow,numtostr(Low[rightStren],decimal)); 
				Text_SetStyle(TextIDLo,1,0); 
				Text_SetColor(TextIDLo,TextColor); 
end;