Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ciscokid

Trading Philosophies

I visualize the Market as a Great White Shark, and I, a Remora, attached to it; feeding off its scraps. I neither control the travels of the shark nor when it feeds. I simply swim in its sphere; never ahead of it (for that could prove disastrous), never anticipating it.

I am the Remora...Not The Shark.

I visualize the Market as a Great White Shark, and I, a Remora, attached to it; feeding off its scraps. I neither control the travels of the shark nor when it feeds. I simply swim in its sphere; never ahead of it (for that could prove disastrous), never anticipating it.

I am the Remora...Not The Shark.

...and your trading method is?

P.S. What about another shark who will notice you are attached to some shark?

Intraday Index Futures trading.

You may have missed the point. It's not like Poker. I cannot see the players in the market, only the aggregation of the trades within the timeframe of the index in which I'm trading.

I do my best to "swim" alongside The Shark (the Market),and pickup its leavings along the way (a percentage of the trend). I strive towards not anticipating its movement (trend change), as too often in the past, I have had my tail chewed.

Regards.

I trade Index Futures intraday.

I think you misunderstood. My premise is that in order to profit, the individual retail trader must develop a relationship with any Market, in which he/she trades, like the one between a Remora and a Shark. The retail trader can no more influence the direction of the Market than a Remora can a Shark. The Market leads and the Trader follows, otherwise, Chomp! Chomp!

Regards.

I trade Index Futures intraday.

I think you misunderstood. My premise is that in order to profit, the individual retail trader must develop a relationship with any Market, in which he/she trades, like the one between a Remora and a Shark. The retail trader can no more influence the direction of the Market than a Remora can a Shark. The Market leads and the Trader follows, otherwise, Chomp! Chomp!

Regards.

ok, ok.........I have to agree that the first time I read your thread I though it was a spam.........damn, what the heck is Ramora and Shark?........:cool:.....can you speak plain English please?.......before I delete your thread? :rofl: (joking here, so don't mind that)

Remoras, also known as sucker fish or shark suckers, are usually found hitching rides from sharks, sea turtles, rays, whales, dolphins, and other large sea animals. When their host eats, they feed on leftover scraps of whatever their host is eating.

Picture attached.

Simple English.

Remora = individual retail trader

Shark = Any Market the retail trader is trading.

The message is: Fish is food for Sharks. Remora is a smart fish because it attaches itself to a Shark, hence, that Shark cannot eat it. Furthermore, the Remora eats the Shark's leftovers.

Similarly: Untrained, impulsive, fearful Traders are food for the Market. A trader who aligns himself with the Market's path, ignoring his/her own tendencies to predict the Market's direction, is smart. His reward is a piece of the Market's profit, rather than becoming a part of the Market's profit.

Regards.

5aa711fdcedc1_RemoraandSharkII.jpg.c7e2d9a6f42f997da96d63e9e535d4c3.jpg

Please don't delete the thread,cos we can hardly wait to see what other ground breaking revelations might ensue..maybe we can get onto the one about the ...

... here you go, mits :rofl:

:roll eyes:

“Let us create a model.”

The Journey from the Basement

(and please don't feel obligated in any way to put twig bird into plain english)

I think the best market analogy is that it is an ocean. We would be different creatures depending on our trading ability. Perhaps the little fisherman who gets tanked by a wave, or a shark that does prey upon opportunities.