Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

onemove

"Predict" Experiment

So what was the outcome - Prediction or Random winner?

The official result of the contest is to be found here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/9303-traders-laboratory-forex-trading-contest-86.html

The pip count was Predict +104 pips and Coin-Flip +73 pips (tally from Coin-flip thread). The difference of pips and % variations in the account is probably due to factors such as position size, account size, exact entry time, exit times and locations, etc. It is a pity that the predict account did not have input from a group of collective of traders. I do not feel that one trader's input is a good representation for the "Predict" side of the equation.

I think it is remarkable is that the "Coin-Flip" non-method performed so well! It makes me wonder about the importance of market direction in daytrading,

Thanks for the reply. I'd like to see the coin flip pull that off for some more trades, but I agree it was pretty incredible/inspiring. We all focus on entry when we study our trading, but maybe instead we should be focusing more on exit and trade management.

With kind regards,

MK