Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Let's Try an Experiment

TP hit at 10:45 + 20 pips.

We will see in the TL trading contest results the % gain we had for the month. I am thinking about 4.5 to 5% gain. I am sure we would not have that kind of gain every month. But by the same token, using this random flip we would not see huge losses either. I think keeping to a strict M/M is key.

So if we could just give our selves a slight advantage. say increase probability a tick in our favor, or, improve R/R a tick in our favor. we should make money.

I also realize that for the duration of our test we had what I would call a ranging market. A good number of our trafes opened in the 13340 area. Then would range up 30 or more pips, or range down 30 or more pips. This may have been because we opened at the same time ( NY Open ) every day and did not carry trades over night.

It certainly has been interesting for me at least. I told a friend of mine about our little experiment. He also does a daily pod cast for his subscribers. He has invited me to talk about it sometime in the future.

Hey, I just got an Email from my friend Rob Booker. ( yeah I know, like him or hate him. so let's save all the yada yada yada ). He wants to interview me on one of his Daily Podcasts and talk about the Random trading we did. He is also buying his first Motorcycle and wants my advice. Ha ha ha on that one.

I don't have the date yet. His people are going to contact my people and put something together.

Just remembered, I don't have any people.

Hey, I just got an Email from my friend Rob Booker. ( yeah I know, like him or hate him. so let's save all the yada yada yada ). He wants to interview me on one of his Daily Podcasts and talk about the Random trading we did. He is also buying his first Motorcycle and wants my advice. Ha ha ha on that one.

I don't have the date yet. His people are going to contact my people and put something together.

Just remembered, I don't have any people.

How much is the pay?....maybe we can have a joint session :did I say that?:

So, I am scheduled to do a Podcast with Rob Booker on Tues (9/10/13 at 1 PM EDT

The name of the podcast is: The Traders Podcast. The Traders Podcast

I have never done, or even listened to a podcast. I think it is recorded at that time and date and then sent out to public via their web site, Itunes Twitter, and various other venues.

So if you want to attach a voice to my name, check it out for a few minutes, or until you get bored ha ha.

Like i said in an earlier post, we are going to talk about the results of our "coin flippin trading.

So if we could just give our selves a slight advantage. say increase probability a tick in our favor, or, improve R/R a tick in our favor. we should make money.

If you think about this, it's precisely what the typical forex broker does, their slight advantage in the form of the spread, empties 99% of their customers accounts at an alarmingly fast rate.

I trade random entries, and I've been doing so for over a decade. My worst draw down over that period was 12%, most years I've made in excess of 100% uncompounded.

However, getting that "slight" advantage is far from easy. Just because the advantage required is small, doesn't mean that its easy to achieve,

I'm quite disappointed in the moderators decision to delete the comments regarding rob booker

I'm not having a go at Rob, but to be brutally frank, it's precisely this kind of meaningless nonsense that's so detrimental to new traders. How can anyone even begin to consider giving a webinar based on these results ?

I've been following this thread quite closely, and retrospectively identifying your trades. i had intended sharing a few insights, however, as a consequence of the webinar, and the commercial hijacking of a potentially interesting thread, I'll give that a miss

I really do despair for new guys trying to enter this business.

I'm out of here

If you think about this, it's precisely what the typical forex broker does, their slight advantage in the form of the spread, empties 99% of their customers accounts at an alarmingly fast rate.

I trade random entries, and I've been doing so for over a decade. My worst draw down over that period was 12%, most years I've made in excess of 100% uncompounded.

However, getting that "slight" advantage is far from easy. Just because the advantage required is small, doesn't mean that its easy to achieve,

I'm quite disappointed in the moderators decision to delete the comments regarding rob booker

I'm not having a go at Rob, but to be brutally frank, it's precisely this kind of meaningless nonsense that's so detrimental to new traders. How can anyone even begin to consider giving a webinar based on these results ?

I've been following this thread quite closely, and retrospectively identifying your trades. i had intended sharing a few insights, however, as a consequence of the webinar, and the commercial hijacking of a potentially interesting thread, I'll give that a miss

I really do despair for new guys trying to enter this business.

I'm out of here

Zup, it's not a webinar it's a Podcast. sort of like a Radio Show. I had never listened to to any of them before so I checked out a recording of one to see what I am getting myself into. In the last installment they interviewed a comic book collector and talked about Sci Fi movies.

This whole thing was tongue in cheek, I was bored.This was never meant to be construed as a system. If someone mistakenly thought I or anyone here was teaching a system they should probably still be visiting sites like Baby Pips.

I said out the outset there would be no negativity on thethread. That's what I meant by yada yada. Easy solution. If you don't like him don't listen.

Yes almighty whatever you say. I suppose you are going to go through every post and clean up the "negativity"? No probably not, only when you say so. I would hardly describe what I posted as negativity especially when compared to other stuff around the place.

Edited by MidKnight

If someone mistakenly thought I or anyone here was teaching a system they should probably still be visiting sites like Baby Pips.

They'd probably be far better off opening some charts, and retrospectively analysisng the trades you made on this thread (assuming they want to learn to trade and make money)

On the other hand, we all need someone to take the other side of our trades so reading babypips might not be a bad idea, or better still, the t2w zoo :rofl:

Well here it is, albeit a little late. Better a bit late then never ( lost my ISP for 3 days due to a freak storm ).

http://http://traderspodcast.com/

Episode #189 is Rob's interview of me. We talk about our Random Trading experiment.

Rob brings up some possible ways of improving the results which I think are Bullshit.

Good listening - thanks!

BlueHorseshoe