Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Let's Try an Experiment

Todays trade has not closed yet. Currently +5 We will close it at 17:00 GMT regardless.

For tomorrow we have Attila's flip Tails/ Sell

And the last open spot has been taken by TradingWizzard Thurs, 8/01

BTW..... Siuya. we have your flip for a sell on Friday, which also happens to be NFP.

This "Non System" has been working so well, should we just be prepared for a poor NFP number ?? :cool:

No.

but i am sure we can adjust and excuse it after wards if it results in a loss prior to selling the system :)

Tomorrow we are doing Jimbo's flip, Tails/Sell.

I just received a PM from someone asking if TL was doing a Forex Trading Contest for August. It's a little late to get set up for August but I will set up a 1 month contest for September. I am going to enter my demo acct as "TL" . I am going to flip every trade, one trade a day. When the contest starts, depending on what the acct balance is, I will size the position so that every trade is either a 2% loss or a 2% win.

I want some volunteers to do some coin flips. It does not have to be one for every trading day on the month, we will rotate if we have to.

If the "Flip" acct wins the contest, ... well, ... well, ... well I think I would be speechless.

Tomorrow we are doing Jimbo's flip, Tails/Sell.

I just received a PM from someone asking if TL was doing a Forex Trading Contest for August. It's a little late to get set up for August but I will set up a 1 month contest for September. I am going to enter my demo acct as "TL" . I am going to flip every trade, one trade a day. When the contest starts, depending on what the acct balance is, I will size the position so that every trade is either a 2% loss or a 2% win.

I want some volunteers to do some coin flips. It does not have to be one for every trading day on the month, we will rotate if we have to.

If the "Flip" acct wins the contest, ... well, ... well, ... well I think I would be speechless.

Mystic,

you need to create an adjacent thread with trader predictions to compare to the random thread.

I just received a PM from someone asking if TL was doing a Forex Trading Contest for August. It's a little late to get set up for August but...

Is it possible to set it up to start on Monday 5th? Or is that also to late?

It would be interesting to see the performance of the "Flippin' system" :D

Is it possible to set it up to start on Monday 5th? Or is that also to late?

It would be interesting to see the performance of the "Flippin' system" :D

TTony,

Thurs 9/5/13 is completely doable

Mystic,

you need to create an adjacent thread with trader predictions to compare to the random thread.

I'am all for setting up an adjacent thread but who is going to make the predictions ?

I'am thinking a week before the thread starts, let's see who's entered and ask one of them.

[ Brunehilde ! ( my secretary ) get Goldman Sachs on the phone. see if they have someone they can enter in our contest to compete against us. Oh, and cancel my appointments for the rest of the day. ]

TP @13232 10:00 EST Profit to date: 7 winners ( one with only 4 pips partial profit ) and 1 loser. +104 pips.

Having never played with Randomness before I find this pretty remarkable.

Who needs a system when I have you guys.

Tomorrow's flip belong's to Siuya. Tails/Sell.

Edited by Mysticforex

TP @13232 10:00 EST Profit to date: 7 winners ( one with only 4 pips partial profit ) and 1 loser. +104 pips.

Having never played with Randomness before I find this pretty remarkable.

Who needs a system when I have you guys.

Tomorrow's flip belong's to Siuya. Tails/Sell.

i l know of a guy that was profitable using a pendulum. It went left he sold..right he bought or vice/versa..don't remember..

Now what might be interesting too is to run the same experiment but use the collective knowledge and experience..skills of the group. Let the group analize and vote on short or long and majority wins for the play ....each day. I know in memory test group memory it much stronger and detailed than individual memory.

i l know of a guy that was profitable using a pendulum. It went left he sold..right he bought or vice/versa..don't remember..

Now what might be interesting too is to run the same experiment but use the collective knowledge and experience..skills of the group. Let the group analize and vote on short or long and majority wins for the play ....each day. I know in memory test group memory it much stronger and detailed than individual memory.

wisdom of the crowds and the jelly bean jar.

.....maybe all of this will tell us is what we already know - we are often the enemy (whoops more physc stuff)

Stopped out @13275 09:43 EST -20 Pips.

10 Trades

2 Loser's -40 Pips.

7 Winners +140 Pips.

1 partial winner +4 Pips.

Total for the 2 week "Experiment", +104 Pips.

Onemove has set up a TL forex trading contest for August. I will enter the contest under the name "TL Experiment". I will make 1 trade per day using the same format that we have used here. Sized at 2%

I do need some coin tosses. If you don't specify a date I will insert them where needed.

If I don't have a toss for a particular day, I will make a flip just prior to the entry using a 5 Swiss Franc coin I have. :cool:

I will continue to post the entries and results here. How we are doing will be reflected in the "Trading Contest" thread.

Onemove has set up a TL forex trading contest for August. I will enter the contest under the name "TL Experiment". I will make 1 trade per day using the same format that we have used here. Sized at 2%

I will continue to post the entries and results here. How we are doing will be reflected in the "Trading Contest" thread.

Thank you Mysticforex for starting this experiment, this is very interesting!

The adjacent thread for the "Predict" part of the experiment is to be found here http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/16994-predict-experiment.html

I have a few questions:

1. Are the trades opened at 09:30 EST disregarding ideal entry location?

2. I created a $100,000 account for this experiment - is this the size account you wish to use? I can change it before Sunday so the 2% of the accounts will be similar in size so one is not stopped out prematurely.

3. What size contract are we entering?

Additional Question:

4. I was thinking risk:reward=2%:2% - doesn't that mean over the long run our expectancy is breakeven? What about having a 2% risk, but let the trade run until end of the day and not take the 2% target?

Thank you!

Edited by onemove
added question