Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Let's Try an Experiment

:rofl:

Your comment reminded me of an interview that i saw on TV with a woman in the UK talking about the birth of the royal baby.

She expressed the opinion that she was "Amazed" that the child was a boy.

Well, the moon IS in the 7th Sun, and Jupiters aligned with Mars, so I guess anything is possible.

;

:cool:

Tomorrow we will be doing Jpennybags Tails/short.

This is wild, 3 in a row so far. If we win tomorrow it will blow my mind.

My trading day is usually done by 09:30 so I have never really watched PA on a small TF at the NY open.

Some very interesting stuff going on. After this "experiment" we should talk about it.

:applaud:

:missy:..... Getting excited for my friday's entry. Dun want to be the first "random looser".

S/l -20 10:59 est :(

3 out of 4 for the week +40 :)

Shoot!!!!... the first loser. I'm consoled by a really good day in the world of reality. Sorry to be the first to break the the streak though... would've been fun to see a fourth day in the black.

Shoot!!!!... the first loser. I'm consoled by a really good day in the world of reality. Sorry to be the first to break the the streak though... would've been fun to see a fourth day in the black.
are you giving off bad magnetism/ vibrations or just a case of bad luck?

are you giving off bad magnetism/ vibrations or just a case of bad luck?

None of the above... it's a coin toss. Anyone who believes in " (bad) vibrations, (bad) magnetism, or (bad) luck" should find another occupation.

None of the above... it's a coin toss. Anyone who believes in " (bad) vibrations, (bad) magnetism, or (bad) luck" should find another occupation.

Patuca's so right - there's like, a really negative atmosphere around you dude - like you're just willing for stuff to go wrong and bringing all this negative energy to the project . . . maybe you should just, like, blow this whole scene and go find your own space man, yeah?

Random-Generator-Cyber-Bullying - now there's an original idea!

BlueHorseshoe

Patuca's so right - there's like, a really negative atmosphere around you dude - like you're just willing for stuff to go wrong and bringing all this negative energy to the project . . . maybe you should just, like, blow this whole scene and go find your own space man, yeah?

Random-Generator-Cyber-Bullying - now there's an original idea!

BlueHorseshoe

Really... I don't know what to say to that. I flipped the coin and made an entry because it seemed like a fun diversion, and that Mystic was asking for volunteers. True... I don't place much value on such "projects" (if one could call it that). It was my understanding that this was purely entertainment. To Mystic: if I've said anything that offended you, I apologize... it was unintended.

Really... I don't know what to say to that. I flipped the coin and made an entry because it seemed like a fun diversion, and that Mystic was asking for volunteers. True... I don't place much value on such "projects" (if one could call it that). It was my understanding that this was purely entertainment. To Mystic: if I've said anything that offended you, I apologize... it was unintended.

No, no not at all. It is purely entertainment. I think Blue's comment was cheek in tongue anyway.

Just as an interesting thought/observation - as part of the experiment.....and I also assume JPBags was not too serious....

There is the hint that it is somehow his fault - the apology for the streak being broken as though he had something to do with it.

The idea runs right through many aspects of life - when something works out - its due to our skill, when it does not we broke the good streak somehow, plus....the idea that while we create our own luck (which we do) this has nothing to do with that sort of luck.....there is no skill or opportunity in flipping a coin. Creating our own luck is entirely different

(no judgments on any comments- just something to think about as many think they control such things.)

Anyways - as part of the system ;) - I think we can call these types of days the 'Bags days' and somehow come up with some excuse to minimise the loss, move to break even and realise that after three up days comibned with a lunar cycle when HHHT occurs we should halve our position size.... :)

there has to be value in stupidity - the Jackass guys made a living out of it!

Apologies - my reply was totally sarcastic - I was actually agreeing with your post.

I was taking the piss out of Patuca's hipster doofus language and "bad vibes" bullshit - not you!

Of course the thread is just for fun, and I'm sorry the joke wasn't clear in writing :)

BlueHorseshoe

Just as an interesting thought/observation - as part of the experiment.....and I also assume JPBags was not too serious....

There is the hint that it is somehow his fault - the apology for the streak being broken as though he had something to do with it.

Interesting observation. It always feels better to win than to lose... dumb luck, or not. We all love winning streaks, even if there is no skill involved. Flip a coin 100 times, and the odds are very good that there will be a series of flips that come up heads each time... five, six, seven times in a row. There is some fascination with the event, and the longer the streak continues the more you hope for the next flip to be heads.

I was sorry to see the streak end, and sorry that it happened on my toss, because winning is more fun than losing. Agreed?

well he did flip the coin...maybe he had too much magnetism in his fingers...maybe he didn't flip it high enough? too high? no twist of the wrist in the flip? it was definetely in his hands...he blew it and he knew it...."oh shoot"

Actually....what made the coin land the way it did? was it predestined to such an end? Coincidence?....skill? ....laws of gravity and mass?....could WD have predicted it?

well he did flip the coin...maybe he had too much magnetism in his fingers...maybe he didn't flip it high enough? too high? no twist of the wrist in the flip? it was definetely in his hands...he blew it and he knew it...."oh shoot"

Actually....what made the coin land the way it did? was it predestined to such an end? Coincidence?....skill? ....laws of gravity and mass?....could WD have predicted it?

As far as I know... I have no magnetism in my fingers (honestly). LOL... my mojo is working. It is true that a coin flip is not random... few things in the physical world are. Unless you are a professional coin flipper... it pretty much qualifies as random though.

Would you be a professional coin flipper? Sounds like you've considered it to some detail.

:hmmmm:

Closed with minor gain. right?:cool:

Yes it did !

So for week 1 we have 4 winners, 1 loser. +80 pips on the week.

Tomorrow, Mon 7/29 we have TTony's flip. Heads/Buy

We have 2 open spots. Tues, 7/30 and Thurs 8/1

Anybody want in?

Weds 7/31 we have Jimbo's flip, Tails/Sell.

For Fri 8/2 we have Siuya's flip, Tails/Sell.