Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Let's Try an Experiment

Have you read FOOLED BY RANDOMNESS, THE BLACK SWAN, or THE SIGNAL AND THE NOISE?

Your experiment will not prove a thing, IMHO.

How about flipping the coin ONCE for the entire experiment, heads go long, tails go short. Use the WEEKLY ATR of the EUR/USD for a stop loss and trade $.10 per pip.

Taking this far too seriously...

Flip the coin... dumb fcking stupid as this is... see how it turns out (won't prove a thing). Ya'll are way too serious.

Taking this far too seriously...

Flip the coin... dumb fcking stupid as this is... see how it turns out (won't prove a thing). Ya'll are way too serious.

Quoting myself... that sucks. Take the trade against the coin flip... that would be interesting. Best of good fortunes.

Have you read FOOLED BY RANDOMNESS, THE BLACK SWAN, or THE SIGNAL AND THE NOISE?

Your experiment will not prove a thing, IMHO.

How about flipping the coin ONCE for the entire experiment, heads go long, tails go short. Use the WEEKLY ATR of the EUR/USD for a stop loss and trade $.10 per pip.

have read all 3. Hope I didn't give anyone the impression that this was more for fun than anything else.

This is what we have so far:

Me Mon 7/22 (today) Heads/Buy

1 position = $1 a pip.

TP = 20

SL = 20

Position opened 09:30 EST

Optiontimer Tues 7/23 Tails/Sell

Glassonoin Wed 7/24 Heads/Buy

Jpennybags Thurs 7/25 Tails/Sell

Bluehorse Fri 7/26 Heads/Buy

Siuya Fri 8/2 Tails/Sell

If some of the spots are not filled, that's ok too. It's all random.

Anyone else wants to jump into an empty spot, jump away.

Take Profit @13204 10:00 EST.

I had the chart set to 1 minute, I did not see the trade close so I don't know if it closed on the 10: candle, or if it just rounded the time to the next 15 min of half hour.

Anyway, + 20 so far.

Tomorrow we will be doing Jpennybags Tails/short.

This is wild, 3 in a row so far. If we win tomorrow it will blow my mind.

My trading day is usually done by 09:30 so I have never really watched PA on a small TF at the NY open.

Some very interesting stuff going on. After this "experiment" we should talk about it.

My trading day is usually done by 09:30 so I have never really watched PA on a small TF at the NY open.

Some very interesting stuff going on. After this "experiment" we should talk about it.

Random can be humbling... we shall see how this turns out.

I once did an experiment were I traded from the left side of the screen... in a trending market everyone looks like a genius.

Sometimes we are our worst enemies... get the trade on, and manage the trade has become my philosophy.

totally agree with you.........3 in a row........speachless

totally agree with you.........3 in a row........speachless

:rofl:

Your comment reminded me of an interview that i saw on TV with a woman in the UK talking about the birth of the royal baby.

She expressed the opinion that she was "Amazed" that the child was a boy.