Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest OILFXPRO

Trading Mindsets is 80 % of Success

Most traders screw up in real time due to missed trades , timing is out . execution errors . second guessing systems and set ups , using biasis not to enter trades , unable to accept a loss and running losses and adding to losing positions , personality traits , fear , greed , emotions , revenge trades , misreading charts , etc etc etc

The easiest one is cockups in execution in real time.

Most beginning traders make mistakes in real-time due to lack of experience, which translates into lack of patience and discipline, which means emotions are (mostly) driving their trading. Emotional trading = losing.

More experienced traders can experience simple draw-downs as the markets they trade change. Anyone who denies they have draw-downs is fibbing.

I would say more but have been warned by a "super moderator" I might get banned for "advertising" without paying the site for the privilege.

Most beginning traders make mistakes in real-time due to lack of experience, which translates into lack of patience and discipline, which means emotions are (mostly) driving their trading. Emotional trading = losing.

More experienced traders can experience simple draw-downs as the markets they trade change. Anyone who denies they have draw-downs is fibbing.

I would say more but have been warned by a "super moderator" I might get banned for "advertising" without paying the site for the privilege.

hey het......you will be banned for posting links to your website.......period!...is that so hard to take? if yes, no problems

regards,

TW

like said on the PM I sent you...IT IS NOT MANDATORY TO POST HERE...it is not a contest.....if you can't help yourself from posting a link, then so be it

TW

Guest OILFXPRO

Drawdowns can vary from trader to trader , but an acceptable level for a professional trader is maximum 50 to 100 pips maximum for a reward of 2,500 to 5,000 pips per year.Those who go chasing nfp and high volatility news trading and breakouts will incur much higher drawdowns , in many cases the drawdowns can be 2,000 pips for a reward of 5,000 pips per annum .

Guest OILFXPRO

EU unemployment (12.2% EU wide) and low inflation (0.7% yoy v 1.1% expected) knocked the Euro for six and it is trading at 1.3550 this morning from a high of 1.3738 yesterday and a loss of 1.11%.

The Euro hit my target last night and I banked a more than 30 point profit but it seems clear since 5am this morning that I acted too hastily and should have let it ride a bit further – what a dumb idiot I am for only taking 30 pips out of of 188 pips .

Maybe I should start selling education or join the trading gold rush merchants and sell someting to the trading industry.

Maybe I should start selling education or join the trading gold rush merchants and sell someting to the trading industry.

Perhaps you could start selling your renamed public domain EA's or 'probability based' indicator again ?

The "zupconite" money management staking plan would probably sell quite well too, the punters love that one.

Do you still have your website, the one with a picture of the oil rig on it ?

You'll need to negotiate pay offs with all of the forums that previously banned you, I'd start with the zoo, they're desperate at the moment and you'd probably get a great deal. They'd probably pay you to spam things are that bad.

Guest OILFXPRO
Perhaps you could start selling your renamed public domain EA's or 'probability based' indicator again ?

The "zupconite" money management staking plan would probably sell quite well too, the punters love that one.

Do you still have your website, the one with a picture of the oil rig on it ?

You'll need to negotiate pay offs with all of the forums that previously banned you, I'd start with the zoo, they're desperate at the moment and you'd probably get a great deal. They'd probably pay you to spam things are that bad.

what a dumb idiot I am for only taking 30 pips out of of 238 pips .Most traders are like this in real time execution.

The Zoo scammers all failed at trading in real time and are selling education , using multiples handles to post new threads to raise thoughts about getting education from forum failures, to unsuspecting new visitors to the site.Some of my trading idiots were trained by Zoo educators , hence they are good at failing and learnt failures techniques.These keep coming out in real time execution.

Nobody will buy my eas , zupconite money management (they would not have the discipline to use it , they want to get rich now and today ). or pay me for my grammar.

what a dumb idiot I am for only taking 30 pips out of of 238 pips .Most traders are like this in real time execution.

The Zoo scammers all failed at trading in real time and are selling education , using multiples handles to post new threads to raise thoughts about getting education from forum failures, to unsuspecting new visitors to the site.Some of my trading idiots were trained by Zoo educators , hence they are good at failing and learnt failures techniques.These keep coming out in real time execution.

Nobody will buy my eas , zupconite money management (they would not have the discipline to use it , they want to get rich now and today ). or pay me for my grammar.

What a tale of tragedy and woe !

You need to private message Mr Charts, I'm sure he could give you a few tips from the top! although everything you need to be a successful trading vendor is laid out in his thread if you're prepared to put in the work :rofl:

You need to get your website back up and running, the one with the oil rig looked quite professional, post a few retrospective trades, toss in the odd loser, and pay your protection money on time, what's not to like ? it's a marketers paradise

I'm sure they'd even get a few staff and moderators to give you a decent testimonial for a small bung, a bag of sand seams to be about the going rate.

If they want to get rich today, then give it to them, you know how the games played, and even if you don't, copy one of mr spread bettings threads, there's enough of them to choose from.

Set up 10 accounts and start to "martingale yourself to financial freedom", one of them's bound to hit the jackpot at some stage, isn't that what everyone else does ?

Why not resurrect your old scam of requesting donations to cover development costs ? Crowd funding is all the rage these days, throw up a couple of falsified statements and some hand picked signals and you'll be quids in before you know it

I hate to see a vendor so disillusioned and sad, you've been on the scene far to long, it's time you had a bit of luck

Guest OILFXPRO
What a tale of tragedy and woe !

You need to private message Mr Charts, I'm sure he could give you a few tips from the top! although everything you need to be a successful trading vendor is laid out in his thread if you're prepared to put in the work :rofl:

Do these include tell lies , post trades $10 away from real price , have honest members banned as soon as the fraudster scamming noobs is unclothed ?After the event , post trades you could have done , but actually never did them.Pretend to be a trader , in reality a trading educator with no evidence of any real trades .

Guest OILFXPRO

Why do 95% of traders lose?

It can be explained with the 80-20 rule.

80% of all traders don't have a trading methodology/system with a positive statistical expectancy. If the trading methodology doesn't have a positive expectancy, then all the mental discipline and money management techniques in the world won't make a profit with it.

Of the remaining 20% that do have a positive expectancy method, 80% of those traders are either undercapitalized or don't have the emotional/psychological discipline to execute their system.

Why do 95% of traders lose?

It can be explained with the 80-20 rule.

80% of all traders don't have a trading methodology/system with a positive statistical expectancy. If the trading methodology doesn't have a positive expectancy, then all the mental discipline and money management techniques in the world won't make a profit with it.

Of the remaining 20% that do have a positive expectancy method, 80% of those traders are either undercapitalized or don't have the emotional/psychological discipline to execute their system.

Do you honestly think 20% of traders have a method with positive expectancy ?

Are you actually being serious ?

I called to see a friend yesterday who's just started trading, and they where reading one of the market wizards books. I had a quick read about this particular "wizard" who shall remain nameless. Hilariously the wizard was describing the size of their edge in terms of strike rate and risk reward. This particular wizard is also a CTA, and the last time I looked, hadn't made a profit in over 3 years

With the edge they describe, a chimpanzee could make money at lest every week, and a well disciplined and obedient chimpanzee, probably every day

This particular wizard isn't undercapitalized.either

Given that their long term track record is pretty abysmal, do you think its a discipline issue, or maybe, just maybe, the edge that they (and every other half witted trading author) describe might just be, how can put this politely.... Absolute bullshit ?

Systems with positive expectancy are fairly rare. They do exist, but they aren't the sort of bollox you see being discussed in the public domain based on a few Indicators.

There are undoubtedly traders with edges, and some of them even use these crazy indicator based set ups, but the edge isn't in the "system"

The least said about money management the better really.

I suspect that only 20% of people have ginger hair buy you see them all of the time, but remarkably, you don't see these traders with statistical edges, I wonder where they are all hiding ?

Guest OILFXPRO
Do you honestly think 20% of traders have a method with positive expectancy ?

Are you actually being serious ?

I called to see a friend yesterday who's just started trading, and they where reading one of the market wizards books. I had a quick read about this particular "wizard" who shall remain nameless. Hilariously the wizard was describing the size of their edge in terms of strike rate and risk reward. This particular wizard is also a CTA, and the last time I looked, hadn't made a profit in over 3 years

With the edge they describe, a chimpanzee could make money at lest every week, and a well disciplined and obedient chimpanzee, probably every day

This particular wizard isn't undercapitalized.either

Given that their long term track record is pretty abysmal, do you think its a discipline issue, or maybe, just maybe, the edge that they (and every other half witted trading author) describe might just be, how can put this politely.... Absolute bullshit ?

Systems with positive expectancy are fairly rare. They do exist, but they aren't the sort of bollox you see being discussed in the public domain based on a few Indicators.

There are undoubtedly traders with edges, and some of them even use these crazy indicator based set ups, but the edge isn't in the "system"

The least said about money management the better really.

I suspect that only 20% of people have ginger hair buy you see them all of the time, but remarkably, you don't see these traders with statistical edges, I wonder where they are all hiding ?

I got the 20 % wrong , it is probably 1 or 2 % of traders have a method with a positive expectancy , this implies that all the free systems are worth nothing , there are 10,000 threads and systems on all the forums and the internet.

Capitalization is branded about as a reason for failure , improper highly risky money management is the cause .There is a lack of skilled competent traders.

All this bollox I picked up on forums from forum genuises about 20 % and capitalisation

guys if you stick around long enough, you will find that

~ 78% are LOSERS period

~ 19% have "method with positive expectancy" but usually still don't find a way to do much more than just tread water and

~ 3% thrive

Guest OILFXPRO

Why do most traders fail , despite having profitable systems and methods?

This my traders lost 10 pips in total , but the profitable system I gave them made 280 pips .They failed on a live account

Anyone who trades forex or other contracts like commodities for a few ticks will lose it all at the end. There are no profitable systems for this kind of thing because the MMs call the shots. Anyone who will try to teach you to do that is simply trying to recover his losses.

Guest OILFXPRO
Anyone who trades forex or other contracts like commodities for a few ticks will lose it all at the end. There are no profitable systems for this kind of thing because the MMs call the shots. Anyone who will try to teach you to do that is simply trying to recover his losses.

Your statement is not correct , and this is possibly due to your lack of knowledge.

forex and futures are a 24 hour market , you can pick and choose when to enter , but without this ability to pick and choose you will fail .I get aproximately 50 entries a week , I pick and choose approximately 10 of them , these are the lowest risk entries and they rewarding .The system filters enable selective trades to be put on.

Consider the trading rules that work: 1) follow the trend; 2) let your profits run; 3) cut your losses short; and 4) manage your money so you can stay in the game. If you design something around following those rules, you'll make a lot of money.

You can read on charts which trades are too risky to trade , unless you do not know how to read into charts.Most amateurs don't know how to select sitters.

Your statement is not correct , and this is possibly due to your lack of knowledge.

I want to assure you that I have more knowledge than you on this subject, far more than you can imagine, have or will ever have. I have read some of the posts and you sound like a beginner in this who tries to prove himself. No problem, forums are full of this but you won't convince me that you ever made money in forex chasing pips consistently. You are welcome to post an audited record if you wish. But talk is cheap. Costs nothing.

Guest OILFXPRO
I want to assure you that I have more knowledge than you on this subject, far more than you can imagine, have or will ever have. I have read some of the posts and you sound like a beginner in this who tries to prove himself. No problem, forums are full of this but you won't convince me that you ever made money in forex chasing pips consistently. You are welcome to post an audited record if you wish. But talk is cheap. Costs nothing.

The problem is not forex or market makers , the problem is the traders and their mindsets.It is easy to blame systems , others , market makers and everything else .

I struggle not because of market makers or lack of system /method , but lack of time to apply a correct mindset to trading .I made pips and profit and lost as well , but the main culprit is the trader and lack of the discipline to take only the clear trades.

The game is rigged with bucket shops praying for failure of incompetent traders , that is to their advantage.

Guest OILFXPRO

A boxer goes into a ring and blames the match is fixed , who is stopping him from winning?He can pick his punches and defend himself.look in the mirror.

Guest OILFXPRO

I hesitate to put on trades , am afraid of putting on trades , my previous losses put fear in me , my previous mistakes put more fear in me and I want to be right (so I delay putting on trades ).....says one trader

Think of freezing as a state of defensive preparation. The body gets the same jolt of adrenaline that readies it for fighting or fleeing, but the brain has calculated that at least for that moment, your best odds of survival come with no action at all.