Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

exbryan

Binary Option Trading?

hey buddy, im new here as well. i primarily swing trade - but i also trade binaries thru Nadex. they have some good "getting started" type videos, but ur better off on YouTube.

*steer clear of anything that seems even slightly shady*

if ur in it to get rich quick, like most of the videos on YouTube show, (and is possible surprisingly) ur gonna hurt ur feelings and ur wallet... fast. it is speculative gambling, not to be confused with the losses u can take as a normal options or futures trader.

u really have to stay up on ur news, esp depending on the underlying asset. i usually stick to FX binaries, but im thinking abt playing the e-mini futures this wk. shit, Nadex even lets the bet on upcoming events lol

with all that being said, dont let anyone stop u from ur goals. lots of money can be lost on binaries, and lots of money can be made. just become a good speculator. and if u dont mind my asking - what data service do u use? because u need a good one.

I take advantage of the resources which offer my Optiontrade broker - basics of tecnhical and fundamental analysis, trading tools, timeframes etc., you can also join webinar with Binary Barry - individual trainings with him will cost you a lot of money. I was suprised but my broker offers it absolutely free.;)

Trading binary option is just like trading forex but on a different platform and includes stock trading; an adequate knowledge of forex market, trends and charts is needed by a binary option trader. You can visit the 24opitons.Com website and go through the materials they have in the educational section.

DEFINITION OF 'BINARY OPTION'

A type of option in which the payoff is structured to be either a fixed amount of compensation if the option expires in the money, or nothing at all if the option expires out of the money. The success of a binary option is thus based on a yes/no proposition, hence “binary”. A binary option automatically exercises, meaning the option holder does not have the choice to buy or sell the underlying asset.

Investors may find binary options attractive because of their apparent simplicity, especially since the investor must essentially only guess whether something specific will or will not happen. For example, a binary option may be as simple as whether the share price of ABC Company will be above $25 on February 7th at 10:45 am. If ABC’s share price is $27 at the appointed time, the option automatically exercises and the option holder gets a preset amount of cash.

Binary options are significantly different from vanilla options. They are occasionally traded on platforms regulated by the SEC and other regulatory agencies, but are most likely traded over the Internet on platforms existing outside of regulations. Because these platforms operate outside of regulations, investors are at greater risk of fraud. For example, a binary options trading platform may require the investor to deposit a sum of money to purchase the option. If the option expires out-of-the-money, meaning the investor chose the wrong proposition, the trading platform may take the entire sum of deposited money with no refund provided.

I have tried some binary options but I considered Forex trading as the best as it gives me the best results.

Yes, I also consider Forex trading as the best. I have traded with various binary options but never earned much, but as and when I started dealing in currencies and found my current broker I have earned a lot in Forex Trading.

Binary options are the equivalent of straight up gambling. There is no real way to make consistent money with binary options. It's very simple: binary option brokers act as banks - i.e. you make deposits with them - and then you literally bet on the market.

Let's say that you have 50:50 chances of winning any trade (best case scenerio...this isn't talking about all the other scammy stuff they do in risk analysis)

You're returns are "up to 70%!!!!" (they advertise it as if it some big achievement)

But basically on these odds of 1:1 winning the trade, you're going to lose on average 30% of your money ever other trade until you have no money left.

You are much better off learning how to trade stocks or futures.

Binary options are all market makers and so many scammers among them -- I'd stay away....Forex is more profitable.

Binary options are not gambling simply because there are regularities one can exploit in order to make money. These are called chart patterns and are used all around the globe, not only by binary options traders and forex traders but also by investment banks' employees who run the trading desks.

Binary options are deceptively simple to understand, making them a popular choice for low-skilled traders. The most commonly traded instrument is a high-low or fixed-return option that provides access to stocks, indices, commodities and foreign exchange.